Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Legend of Grimrock

Gotten to play this yet?

I just finally got it started and it instantly transported me right back to the days of Eye of the Beholder, with just 100x better graphics. Even the very beginning of dropping a rock on a plate to open a door at the end of the hall made me giggle like a little girl.

Who else has tried it so far and loved it?

I bought it but haven't got to get into it as its raid night. Hope its good as you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eletastic View Post
    I bought it but haven't got to get into it as its raid night. Hope its good as you say.
    So far it is. I dislike that I can't see the health bar of a mob...it's been so long since I've played a game like that. And the magic system...well I haven't even figured that one out just yet. I love the dynamic lighting...wanna make it more scary? Don't carry a torch

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So far it is. I dislike that I can't see the health bar of a mob...it's been so long since I've played a game like that. And the magic system...well I haven't even figured that one out just yet. I love the dynamic lighting...wanna make it more scary? Don't carry a torch
    Plan on buying it as soon as I get home from work.
    It seems like a great little dungeon crawling game with puzzles, Some of the creatures are so creepy, Think i'll carry a torch with me at all times. Amnesia is scarier tho hands down.

Its only what? $10? Its going to give you atleast 100 hours of game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Plan on buying it as soon as I get home from work.
    It seems like a great little dungeon crawling game with puzzles, Some of the creatures are so creepy, Think i'll carry a torch with me at all times. Amnesia is scarier tho hands down.

Its only what? $10? Its going to give you atleast 100 hours of game play.
    $5.99, at least, for me earlier today. Cheap as hell but awesome.

Torches do burn out, by the way, so stock up!

$5.99, at least, for me earlier today. Cheap as hell but awesome.

Torches do burn out, by the way, so stock up!
    Don't forget rocks for pressure plates and other puzzles XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Don't forget rocks for pressure plates and other puzzles XD
    Totally. I'm amazed at how well it fits my EoB style. Main fighter? Always held keys. Cleric/rogue (no healers here), throwing daggers. Mages in the back? Left one held potions, right one held ROCKS!

Totally. I'm amazed at how well it fits my EoB style. Main fighter? Always held keys. Cleric/rogue (no healers here), throwing daggers. Mages in the back? Left one held potions, right one held ROCKS!
    I instantly got the image of the minotaur carrying a stack of rocks including a bag on his back filled with rocks xD
    Completly overburdened.

It has strong ties to rogue-rpgs and its first person which is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn the both of you. Now I feel like I just have to buy this damn thing, and I just bought the frigging Indie Pack 1 a couple hours ago.

Probably gonna load this up pretty soon ^______^

10+ Year Old Account
    The spiders are by far the scariest things ever in the history of everdom. If you haven't seen them, be afraid, be very afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiders </3
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    God damn the both of you. Now I feel like I just have to buy this damn thing, and I just bought the frigging Indie Pack 1 a couple hours ago.
    Do it......
    You know you want to...
    Amazing prices....Hours of gameplay...

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 04:13 AM ----------

Me and Darsithis actually worked on Legend of Grimrock which is why we're promoting it

10+ Year Old Account
    You for srs?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    You for srs?
    Joking xD

Does look like we did tho the way we're talking about it :P

I saw that on sale today, the "cover art" had me thinking it'd be something different but after taking a look at it, I've been more curious about it. And for $6, it doesn't seem like much of a risk. As long as it lasts longer than 2 bottles of soda, it's payed for itself, right?

You've convinced me. After playing some Secret World beta and then not buying the game (yet), I need some more puzzling/riddling to mess around with.

Curse you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I saw that on sale today, the "cover art" had me thinking it'd be something different but after taking a look at it, I've been more curious about it. And for $6, it doesn't seem like much of a risk. As long as it lasts longer than 2 bottles of soda, it's payed for itself, right?

You've convinced me. After playing some Secret World beta and then not buying the game (yet), I need some more puzzling/riddling to mess around with.

Curse you both.
    HAHA we should work for almost human (The studio for Legend of Grimrock)

We also forgot to mention there's going to be a dungeon creator too soon which will provide even more hours of gameplay :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I thought it was an rpg I absolutely despise puzzles in games otherwise I might of given it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The spiders are by far the scariest things ever in the history of everdom. If you haven't seen them, be afraid, be very afraid.
    ...urge to uninstall without even loading it up rising. I don't want the spiders in that game to infect my computer with spider nastiness ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Damn I thought it was an rpg I absolutely despise puzzles in games otherwise I might of given it a try.
    It's considered an RPG its just not in the same sense as fable/skyrim/fallout/deus ex etc.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    ...urge to uninstall without even loading it up rising. I don't want the spiders in that game to infect my computer with spider nastiness ;_;
    http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewto...=1636&start=20

Turns spiders to slime, Apparantly.