CTC Cap Question

Stupid question time!

My paladin is at 88.39%. I gem +40 mastery, and the +20/+40 dream emerald to get my meta activated. I'm in mostly LFR 384 & 397 VP pieces, with a few 378. How the heck am I supposed to get to 102? Should I be straight 102 with my gear, or will 102 only be obtainable in heroic gear?

Any help is appreciated, armory in case it's needed: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Araceli/simple
    Araceli - Cenarion Circle

Reforging, Enchanting and using your Chimera's Eyes would be a good start.

Trinkets are a big factor in CTC

Both arent very good right now for you. A Pally doesnt benefit from additional mastery procs like other classes, and once you ARE CTC capped that trinket will be a wasted proc. Take into account the dodge trinket in your reforging but as mentioned before it isnt that great for your class.

Try and get trinkets with mastery passive on them, or CTC stats passive. Somoe stam trinkets are nice, but this is where you will cover your gap.

With your current trinkets, not valuing the mastery proc but taking into consideration the didge trinket, IMy computer is acting up right now but try Wowreforge. If you are using the dodge stacking trinket, reforge everything to parry/mastery

ideally you want your parry and dodge to be evenish, with mastery covering the gap.

It appears you have never googled your class, or took the time to gem, reforge and enchant properly.

Do your research and this question will answer itself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bedivere View Post

Both arent very good right now for you. A Pally doesnt benefit from additional mastery procs like other classes, and once you ARE CTC capped that trinket will be a wasted proc. Take into account the dodge trinket in your reforging but as mentioned before it isnt that great for your class.

Try and get trinkets with mastery passive on them, or CTC stats passive. Somoe stam trinkets are nice, but this is where you will cover your gap.

With your current trinkets, not valuing the mastery proc but taking into consideration the didge trinket, IMy computer is acting up right now but try Wowreforge. If you are using the dodge stacking trinket, reforge everything to parry/mastery

ideally you want your parry and dodge to be evenish, with mastery covering the gap.

It appears you have never googled your class, or took the time to gem, reforge and enchant properly.

Pretty much this. Your trinkets are ok but your stamina trinket keeps you from Ctc'ing really and the proc on it is quite awful for Paladins anyway considering mastery is useless past CtC.

I've not looked at my paladin in a while, but I believe last time I logged on him he was Ctc capped when raidbuffed :- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement/advanced. Maybe you could take a few hints/suggestions from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedivere View Post

I've been playing a healadin all through BC up until recently. People like you are exactly why I find it quite hard to ask people anything about any class I play.

Take a seat chum, your reply wasn't necessary.

All my gems and reforge was done via the MMO Paladin tanking guide, so if that guide is incorrect, then why is it listed?

I am working on getting the 3 Chims eyes now, but I really doubted 3 Chim Mastery gems would put me at the 102, if it does, then my apologies.

The cloak isn't enchanted yet because I literally just purchased it about....20 minutes ago. As for the gloves, bracers and boots, that's just my laziness coming through but that'll be fixed today as well.

As far as the trinkets go, I just switched out the resolve for the fire of the undying (which is a mastery trinket). I honestly have no idea why I didn't have that one on prior. Might've been testing something, who knows.

You would have been able to reach full CTC using Resolve and Vortex, I personally wouldn't use them at your gear level, but just saying they were not holding you back from full CTC.

Ask Mr.Robot is pretty decent for this kinda thing. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...circle/araceli

I'd reforge the following items: cloak, shoulders, legs, ring and belt. they should all have mastery on them, given your current state of gears.

Thanks everyone for your help. After becoming less lazy (Even though I should really be working on this research paper..xD), my CTC is now at 100.78. Just two more points to go, not sure where to get that at... Everything looks right, anyone spot anything I miss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wembrace View Post
    Thanks everyone for your help. After becoming less lazy (Even though I should really be working on this research paper..xD), my CTC is now at 100.78. Just two more points to go, not sure where to get that at... Everything looks right, anyone spot anything I miss?
    Is that factoring in buffs? If you add Kings, Horn of Winter/Battle Shout, and mastery food if needed you should easily be capped.