Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Downloading at 739KB/s so will take me a bit to get it all.. lol >.<

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Aw, Grace of Air lost 500 mastery rating. And Call of the Elements... I saw that one coming from what I read in the beta forums, but still I was hoping a little that Blizzard would say "nah." :/

Lovely loading screen, at least.
    Just not happy with the Lava Burst nerf even knew it was sure to come, but such a big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Mistweavers got a swift kick between the knees right there. I can accept the amount of healing some of the spells being toned down a bit, but the increased mana cost feels unwarranted. The increased CD on Renewing Mist didn't feel needed as well.
    Yup, combined with throughput CDs, inability to control where you do any AoE healing, and mistweavers just got put substantially last in 25m.

They needed the nerfs, but this was a complete overreaction as far as they're only benefits (keeping ReM rolling as an pseudo AoE heal). Expect an actual AoE heal and a throughput CD once they start testing 25m and realize that they didn't know what they were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP cinematic has a play button, but it does nothing since the cinematic isn't released yet and thus does not exist in your WoW folder. The button called Options on the log in screen is now called System? Or has it always been that for the beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    No one but a Mistweaver could be surprised at those nerfs.
    Mistweaver in the Affinity stream doing 55% healing alone for one. But he atleast laughed about how OP they were

true story -.-
    Last edited by Aterion; 2012-07-13 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mekkatorque EU is up!

Deleted
    They put in the 'new' models for most of the leveling items etc. YEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    fuck is up with that Lava burst nerf???????????

I thought when they announced Ascendance's ele effect, great, Lava burst will be nerfed now -- and look. Thankyou Blizzard, for giving us a skill that potentially will do more damage to the feel of our spec than good.
    Damage buffs only apply to mages. No one else. Notice how frost mages are fucking stupidly overpowered (again) on beta and how their mastery nerf is being compensated for through a frostbolt damage buff. I can't wait til warrior avatar gets nerfed like your lava burst. LOLBALANCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Windwool cloth and Windwool bandages got new icons. Most of the food got new icons as well.

Huge latency atm. Adm'rl Placeholder gossip still says Jade Forest is unavailable.
    Last edited by Schaapa; 2012-07-13 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that the same screenshot from the alleged WoW movie?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Ascendance isn't even much more burst than what we had. The old EM was a pretty huge burst cooldown but they removed the damage increase effect and put it as a talent for pure haste. The damage increase over old EM is not as good as some may think, I believe this change pushes us to the bottom of the barrel in terms of DPS now while offering nothing unique to a raid. Go resto or go home. Between the 25% nerf to lavaburst through L90 talents, and now the scaling nerf you're probably better off going enhance at this point.
    the removal of Lava Burst from the lv90 talent is okay - that was OP, and it was clearly Simming higher than either of the other 2 talents. They have also buffed the damage you get from that to LB here, so I'm really okay with that.

The problem is that Elemental's damage wasn't broken or overpowered, really. I get the feeling that this was probably for PvP reasons - but then, you can likely just dispell Ascendance I would bet my money on it, like you can EM, so it's pointless. If you see a massive great big Fire ascendant burst out of this shaman in arena, it's basically a massive "HEY I'M HERE AND I'M SETTING PHASERS TO NUKE". It's not exactly subtle. Other classes are also getting huge burst CDs, and with Ele's damage on live at least being so shit compared to other classes even with Legendary staff (in BiS gear to compare apples to apples). Without it, you are screwed. Considering how closely the numbers are meant to translate according to GC, I severely doubt stacking Ele shaman in raids was close on the 5.0 horizon.

The big fear I have is that Lava Burst will nolonger feel like this big hard-hitting spell that you obviously want to cast, because this nerf reduces damage by at least 10k I would think. That is collossal... Seems like we're heading back to Vanilla, Lightning bolt spam boys!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    Windwool cloth and Windwool bandages got new icons. Most of the food got new icons as well.

Huge latency atm. Adm'rl Placeholder gossip still says Jade Forest is unavailable.
    And not sure about the Pandaren Screen but on the Alliance side you no longer have the unique character race screens, they are all the same now..

And thank you on the Jade Forest front nice to know it is still in limbo, lets hope they do something spectacular to it..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-07-13 at 11:19 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Sanctity of Battle (Retribution) Spell Haste effects lower the cooldown and global cooldown of your Judgment, Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Exorcism, and Hammer of Wrath."
    unless im forgetting about some haste to spell haste ratio that rets have... wouldnt this kill haste for a ret?

i dont know, maybe im over exaggerating but these minor ret nerfs seem unmerited

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't seem to find where to tick of for "Display buff durations" in interface settings anymore

Edit: My template monk now has the titles that were copied over with my shaman. That he's eligible for at least.
    Edit 2: Pandaren Phoenix model is fixed as well, it doesn't flop all over the place while flying now.
    Last edited by Schaapa; 2012-07-13 at 11:25 PM.
    Surrounded by idiots

10+ Year Old Account
    Feats of Strength

Cutting Edge: Grand Empress Shek'zeer (New) Defeat Grand Empress Shek'zeer in Heart of Fear on Heroic difficulty, with Klaxxi Resonance inactive or disabled.
    Cutting Edge: Sha of Fear (New) Defeat the Sha of Fear in Terrace of Endless Spring on Heroic difficulty, with the Ritual of Purification inactive or disabled.
    Cutting Edge: Will of the Emperor (New) Defeat the Will of the Emperor in Mogu'shan Vaults on Heroic difficulty, with the Dampening Field either inactive or disabled.
    Dear God, the 5% stacking buff is becoming standard

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Isn't that the same screenshot from the alleged WoW movie?
    Nah..

Concept art was in water.

Yikes massive update. Leave the internet for 2 days this always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sinr View Post
    dear god, the 5% stacking buff is becoming standard
    d=
    why blizzard.
    Why!! Why why why

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Dear God, the 5% stacking buff is becoming standard
    And you can still turn it off.
    CPU - Intel i5-2500k w/Corsair H50 * MB - ASUS P67 Pro
    RAM - 8GB Mushkin PC-1600 * GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB
    SSD - Crucial M4 120GB SATA3 * HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3

Deleted
    Could someone please elaborate on the PTR patch? Is it live yet? Can I access the PTR and play?