Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Actually I was being a smartass. I would think a FoS would be enough for most HC raiders, especially if WoWProgress does rankings off of it, so when I see some wanting to tack on more things to make sure their title stays special I just get that eye twitch going. Note, I never asked for Nerf to Heroic content anyways and I'm glad they are offering out a FoS
    Ah, my bad. It's very oftentimes hard to tell when somebody isn't being dead serious about that kind of thing.

I think it may be the zone-wide buff that those are referring to...they seem to like doing it and, admittedly, I suppose it's a better tactic of nerfing content gradually vs all at once like they did in Firelands, assuming nerfing it is what they want to do, and I suppose it's a reward in itself for those that do it to be rewarded with the FoS.

Deleted
    On the other news every tier will be out for a year due % buffs/nerfs.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just created a topic on this also but with a different perspective on it:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-in-HC-Raids

O MY GOD u just said the same thing i was thinkin about. THIS IS a great idea, it separates the casuals and the hardcores so , the hardcores get a sense of achievement knowing that they killed these bosses without the buff. so goood fantastic idea blizz or whoever, shud 100% definately go through with it. maybe even add titles

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this idea BUT I'm not a big fan of the wording. These achievements should only be achieveable BEFORE the nerfs come out, not during the entire tier. Blizzard is notorious for doing nerfs to major end game bosses before they do a raid wide buff. Another thing is gear. This will allow people to gear up to full BiS's before they turn off the raid wide buff to make getting these FoS's possible.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2012-07-15 at 05:01 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    I love this idea BUT I'm not a big fan of the wording. These achievements should only be achieveable BEFORE the nerfs come out, not during the entire tier. Blizzard is notorious for doing nerds to major end game bosses before they do a raid wide buff. Another thing is gear. This will allow people to gear up to full BiS's before they turn off the raid wide buff to make getting these FoS's possible.
    I know several guilds that wouldn't even be able to get to the second burn of the last tendon on Heroic Spine without the debuff and they're in BiS gear. Gear only takes a character so far, just look at some really bad Spine kill logs. People in BiS gear doing 50-60% of the damage they could be doing. In the end, people who are poor players and don't push themselves to min/max will never get a no-nerf kill.

On a side note, another idea to make doing kills without the nerf more motivating is to make them a Glory achievement requirement. So, you'd have to do the achievements (with or without nerf, doesn't matter) but then, you'd have to have "[Heroic] Sha of Anger (No Debuff)" for it to count toward the achievement. It'd bring the prestige of Glory mounts back from just being something lower skilled guilds can do to feel good about themselves (coughfirelandsglorymountcough).

I'm going to laugh when people complaining about needing a special snowflake badge to show the world how awesome they are aren't able to get these FoS because of how hard they are.
    ಠ_ಠ

I really like it. Now guilds actually have a reason to turn off the nerf buff. In DS and ICC there was literally no motivation to do so. Why turn off the buff and waste twice the amount of time when I can leave the buff on and clear it in 2 hours?

I hope we are right in our speculation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    This is honestly the best change Blizzard has made to the raiding game in a long time. It is a huge step in the right direction. It doesn't even matter if they remove dates or not because ranking sites and so on will use this FoS as a guide to having actually completed the content. That is to say, if you killed Sinestra and got this achievement in March 2011 it would be very different from doing it in August 2011.
    Because sinestra25 was hard in the first place.

Deleted
    There still is the matter of the realm's first though. Let's say no guilds in a server managed to get the realm's first before the debuff comes, if one of the guilds wants to do the cutting edge achievement they won't use it but they risk a higher chance of losing the realm's first.

Deleted
    If I had to bet, they will only remove then once a new expansion is released. If you want to get the t14 achievements with t16, you will probably be able. After all, the prestige of this things last as long as the tier last. Only the t16 achievements will be a bit more worth it to show off, although you could get them with full t16 H gear, they shouldn't be that easy to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to scale down gear to get it as well, so people don't come back 2 patches later to faceroll it.
    Since it's a FoS not an Achievement (FoS are meant to be either very hard or no longer available), my guess would be that It's no longer obtainable once a new patch is being released. Thus a Ilvl restriction is unnecessary.

This looks like something similar to Deaths Demise, it seems a little odd that they're offering FoS just because they have to nerf content for people. I cant see this being something as easy as kill a boss without some raid wipe scaling buff becasue just like DS, once you clear it a few times and get the gear turning off the buff is easy as you now have the gear to beat the encounter (especially if the tactic doesn't change like with DW)