Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason Colin is smiling with his eyes and his ears and all over his face ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    So I didn't know what Blade & Soul was and googled it and... I didn't belive there could be other models in any game that have less clothing then the castanics in Tera o.O
    Guild wars, female ranger, 15k prophecies set. Beats them all by a mile. Barefooted grass micro-bikini.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Guild wars, female ranger, 15k prophecies set. Beats them all by a mile. Barefooted grass micro-bikini.
    Necro scar pattern armor beats them all. The ranger one is pretty tame in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    First sentence in the article?

Game developer NCsoft is seeking a greater global presence by making forays into the United States and China with its latest games, including Guild Wars 2 and Blade & Soul.
    It's a poorly written or translated summary.

Deleted
    It's good that dark millenium is no longer a mmorpg, it does not fit warhammer, there would be to much imbalance. I don't want a simple Imperial guard or Ork be on par with a Adeptus astartes.

They are heading for a battlefield 3 ish multiplayer and i do believe with a traditional singleplayer. how fucking awesome is that?

Seems Gw2 is really taking off. Im hoping for a strong commercial success that will undoubtedly have big consequences for the future design of MMO's. It could very well serve to push the model away from the money-grabbing fee system, and release the pressure on devs to make WoW clones and instead make something else.

Maybe someone should tell the guys working on TESonline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like things are moving along with plans for China:

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/16...hmentId=161672

According to the media, NCsoft (together with Nexon) has made an M&A offer to a
    large overseas game company. Given the rapid growth of the Asian game market
    and NCsoft's diverse experience in online game development and operations, we
    believe that the target company's shareholders are likely to take the offer seriously.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Sorry if it's already said somewhere.
    This is just a matter of interest really. China got laws on how much each individual is allowed to play/day. Take wow for example where they buy time cards for... what is it, 3 hours? How does payment work for GW2, since it has no subfee but it should still end up in same regulations as wow right? How do they regulate game time, is it ANet that somehow add an automatically logout when the hours/day are played and they have to wait until next day to be able to unlock?
    Or are games considered different in the country, some are allowed to be played for longer hours than other?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Sorry if it's already said somewhere.
    This is just a matter of interest really. China got laws on how much each individual is allowed to play/day. Take wow for example where they buy time cards for... what is it, 3 hours? How does payment work for GW2, since it has no subfee but it should still end up in same regulations as wow right? How do they regulate game time, is it ANet that somehow add an automatically logout when the hours/day are played and they have to wait until next day to be able to unlock?
    Or are games considered different in the country, some are allowed to be played for longer hours than other?
    The chinese version would probably have it's own client and basically be run by some chinese thing. I doubt ArenaNet would have much power over what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The chinese version would probably have it's own client and basically be run by some chinese thing. I doubt ArenaNet would have much power over what happens.
    Realistically, considering the "You've been playing for three hours" thing, the client could have a single tag put in that auto-disconnects you upon triggering that without any issue, without needing for it to be messed with by foreign officials. Though I was always of the (probably misinformed) impression that they could lock it down from an ISP perspective too, without needing restrictions from a game-client to do so.

That said, the recent article talks about NCSoft moving forward in China. NCSoft has more than GW2 going for it, all we know at this point is Blade and Soul's likely to be very firmly planted there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Realistically, considering the "You've been playing for three hours" thing, the client could have a single tag put in that auto-disconnects you upon triggering that without any issue, without needing for it to be messed with by foreign officials. Though I was always of the (probably misinformed) impression that they could lock it down from an ISP perspective too, without needing restrictions from a game-client to do so.

That said, the recent article talks about NCSoft moving forward in China. NCSoft has more than GW2 going for it, all we know at this point is Blade and Soul's likely to be very firmly planted there.
    I wasn't talking about just play time. They would censor content, like what China did with Wotlk and the bones.

They won't control the ISP directly....but they will just tell whoever operates it to close it down if they decide they want to.
    Technically there would be no law forcing the ISP to do this...but they will never be granted another license if they don't do it.

Anyway...everyone will be playing on the European servers. Doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    They won't control the ISP directly....but they will just tell whoever operates it to close it down if they decide they want to.
    Technically there would be no law forcing the ISP to do this...but they will never be granted another license if they don't do it.

Anyway...everyone will be playing on the European servers. Doesn't really matter.
    Except for the hardcore PvPers. :P

They'd be playing on Korean servers, if those ever came up. XD

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Necro scar pattern armor beats them all. The ranger one is pretty tame in comparison.

This is one thing I miss about the profession specific armor/model system, I'd love to see Necromancer face scar patterns, body scar patterns, as well as Monk and Ritualist full body tattoos, all make a come back, as well as other profession specific things. I'd note the Necromancer physical mutations that resulted in some great, properly freaky, looking characters (even Ritualists were a bit mutated, they had the creepy clawed fingers like Necromancers). Most of the professions had something, whether in gear or body, with the Guardian reflecting so many aspects of the Dervish, Paragon and Monk I'd love to see the Paragon/Dervish glowing/metallic eye options and other such things.

It's a faint hope, I'm really doubting we'll see those things, but I'd still love to see them again. They were the little touches that made Guild Wars' Humans not seem like typical Humans, because whether it was their beliefs or their professions.. they seemed somehow corrupted by the powers they either wielded or served. Seeing that in the Guild Wars 2 era Humans, like their ancestors, the Guild Wars 1 era Humans, would be a lovely thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Except for the hardcore PvPers. :P

They'd be playing on Korean servers, if those ever came up. XD
    They're not human. Their pvp skills are akin to the gods themselves.
    They don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    They're not human. Their pvp skills are akin to the gods themselves.
    They don't count.
    How dare you compare them to the gods. The gods are not worthy.

I don't want GW2 to go to China.

Those people ruin MMO's with account theft and gold selling. Yes, I know they aren't the only ones that do it, but we all know that Asia is the majority of the problem when it comes to gold selling and hacked accounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post

Those people ruin MMO's with account theft and gold selling. Yes, I know they aren't the only ones that do it, but we all know that Asia is the majority of the problem when it comes to gold selling and hacked accounts.
    I don't want GW2 in America because all Americans I know are stupid and they ruin the game with their whining.

My argument is as (in)valid as yours. Really.

Go go for game all over the world! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I don't want GW2 in America because all Americans I know are stupid and they ruin the game with their whining.

My argument is as (in)valid as yours. Really.

Go go for game all over the world! =D
    Your argument has no merit. Mine actually does. We have proof that Asia even HIRES people to farm all day to sell their gold, and hacking accounts is part of the job. Everyone whines, no matter what country they're from, try not to be so obnoxious next time.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post

Actually your going to want GW2 to go to China. GW2 has to launch World Wide if it wants to reach WoW type sales numbers. Remember Around half of WoW subs come from asia. They do have an Asian verson ready to go as well but i think its Korean.

Also they way china does games for the most part i think they are gonna be the only place with their own locked realms. Kinda like WoW where a ton of stuff gets censored.

Oh and about gold selling. Thats not what this version of the game is going to be used for. Gold sellers are going to be getting all versions of the game and selling gold. Anet wont be able to stop that. What this is talking about is getting GW2 going in China and the rest of the asian market. Gold Sellers have prolly already bought the game and will be on the servers at launch botting and farming and sending out emails to anyone and everyone trying to hack accounts for gold, Chinese or not.