Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    With the VP and crafted gear at normal mode levels, I don't think it would be a huge step to go straight from 5 mans to normal modes if that's what you wanted to do.
    But thats what I'm saying. VP/Crafted/Reputation Gear = the same level as Normal mode raids; which is fine but we're talking a full two tiers above heroic 5 man gear? It just seems a bit ridonculous. 463 --- 476 ----489. There isn't really a way then (unless the 489 raids in normal are easy...) to go from 463 straight into 489 content without a serious gear gap.

10+ Year Old Account
    The normal mode raids will probably be tuned around being in full heroic dungeon gear, maybe with some crafted items. I don't think Blizzard's goal is to make LFR a required step in the process.

Bear in mind that the 489 crafted gear, when it appears, will probably require the MOP version of Essence of Destruction, so there's not exactly going to be a glut of them on the AH the first month or so.

So the super-human raiders will have to slum it in 5-man heroics and scenarios for more than 48 hours after launch?
    CPU - Intel i5-2500k w/Corsair H50 * MB - ASUS P67 Pro
    RAM - 8GB Mushkin PC-1600 * GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB
    SSD - Crucial M4 120GB SATA3 * HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffertus View Post
    Bear in mind that the 489 crafted gear, when it appears, will probably require the MOP version of Essence of Destruction, so there's not exactly going to be a glut of them on the AH the first month or so.
    which probably drops from last boss on Heroic dungeons :P hopefully

and this time maybe!! it wont be bop lol
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    which probably drops from last boss on Heroic dungeons :P hopefully

and this time maybe!! it wont be bop lol
    They are BoP, but they're random drops from enemies in Pandaria, not (or not just?) dungeon bosses.

Deleted
    is upgrading your gear with valor in place yet on the beta?

Can remember a post that its not yet implemented in like june.. but didnt see one that actually said it was activated yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    With PvP gear not counting towards ilvl, it will be interesting to see how people fasttrack the requirement for LFR MV.
    I expect that crafted, BoE, and scenario gear will only get you so far.
    It's ridiculous, PvP gear doesn't deserve any ilvl above 300. It wouldn't even effect PvP content at all, if their gear's ilvl were to be lowered to that.
    Blizz tried to destroy GearScore and failed horribly at it, making things even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    With PvP gear not counting towards ilvl, it will be interesting to see how people fasttrack the requirement for LFR MV.
    I expect that crafted, BoE, and scenario gear will only get you so far.
    It doesn't?
    Oh well.
    I guess that may be why pvp gear has two secondary stats now, the 464s looked amazing compared to pve 463s.

Deleted
    Guys sorry for the noobish question but i left Cata after 2 months from the release so i am not sure about this. Is there still a daily cap to VP obtainable by doing random hcs or it is now weekly so that i can, let's say, run 7 randoms in one day and capping weekly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    Guys sorry for the noobish question but i left Cata after 2 months from the release so i am not sure about this. Is there still a daily cap to VP obtainable by doing random hcs or it is now weekly so that i can, let's say, run 7 randoms in one day and capping weekly?
    Heroics grant Valor seven times per week. You could do all seven in one day if you wanted, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    this looks very nice pity darkmoon card will still be superior than heroic trinkets............unless!!
    I thought the darkmoon cards looked pretty terrible, especially compared to cards of expansions past.Have I been given wrong information, or have the darkmoon cards been changed since we first saw them? I'm going by what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It's ridiculous, PvP gear doesn't deserve any ilvl above 300. It wouldn't even effect PvP content at all, if their gear's ilvl were to be lowered to that.
    Blizz tried to destroy GearScore and failed horribly at it, making things even worse.
    Then PvE gear becomes de facto PvP gear, it simply going to be that much better. Unless you suggest PvP gear has 150ish ilevel worth of PvP Power.

I'm glad they are trying to return the feeling of progression although main problem is that with each new major raid patch the previous tiers become obsolete in terms of progression but that's a story for another time.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

yeah, but couldn't they keep honor PvP gear ~3 itemlevels BELOW the corresponding normal PvE gear? So that heroic/JP stuff will be *slightly* better in PvE and not the other way round?
    The way it is now, for a serious PvE player it would be totally unwise to not do BGs for equipping (and this is freaking easy...) and buy the PvP stuff that is - set boni aside - BETTER for PvE than the PvE stuff.

edit: I meant herioc instances/honor stuff.... oops ^^
    Last edited by Lylandra; 2012-07-24 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    ILVL 463 - 5 man Heroics
    ILVL 476 - Raid Finder Mogushun Vaults, a few 5 man heroic epics (only two currently, extremely rare and off the last bosses - a new version of deadman's ring)
    ILVL 483 - Raid Finder Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring, Conquest PVP gear (since pvp stats no longer count towards ilvl)
    ILVL 489 - Normal Mogushun Vaults, VP gear, craftable gear
    ILVL 497 - Normal Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (also all tier gear is from these instances)
    ILVL 502 - Heroic Mogushun Vaults
    ILVL 509 - Heroic Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (All heroic tier gear drops from in these two)
    So can anyone know please link me the datamind brewfest items and claim any longer they are NOT for next years brewfest?
    Afaik the item where over 500 ilvel wise putting them into next years brewfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I thought the darkmoon cards looked pretty terrible, especially compared to cards of expansions past.Have I been given wrong information, or have the darkmoon cards been changed since we first saw them? I'm going by what I heard.
    im just assuming that Darkmoon card will be insane because wotlk and cata ones were pretty insane....(some lasted 2 whole tiers):P havent played during TBC but i think DMC:greatness was awsome too>??
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Brewfest Trinkets - ilvl 470.

The random drops from enemies around Pandaria is Spirit of Harmony which is only used in the 476 crafted gear - if there's 489 crafted gear then like I said it'll probably require something from the raids.

PVP stats don't contribute to ilvl, so the 483 PVP gear has the same stat budget as the 483 PVE gear, and also extra resilience.

PVP gear will almost certainly count towards ilvl for LFR etc - it's exactly as good as similar PVE gear for PVE.

But! The Honor armour is only as good as the heroics, the Honor weapons / Conquest T1 weapons / Conquest T2 weapons are only as good as the LFR / Normal / Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults, which is the raid a half-step behind the other two. So it'll never be BIS at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Depends on the cooldown. But I thought +956 stat +3027 stat for 15 seconds was pretty cool.
    If it ends up being +3983 str, agi, int, spirit for 15 seconds of every min or two min then allot of people will want these.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.-4?filter=na=relic+of

For example agi dps may want to go for
    http://mop.wowhead.com/item=79328
    http://mop.wowhead.com/item=86890
    Last edited by Hijiri; 2012-07-24 at 09:54 AM.

Jade Bandit Figurine is 956 agi + 2822 agi for 15 secs every minute, so Relic of Xuen should be roughly similar if you can get it to proc near cooldown, and if the cooldown is 1 minute.