The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

What professions are you taking for your monk?

For those rolling monk, just curious what spec/professions you're taking and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jewelcrafting/Alchemy (Windwalker)
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2012-07-17 at 06:25 PM.

Undecided on spec (Likely Tank) but definitely NOT JC / Ench for profs, I refuse to level them up again. I'm thinking Alchemy for the extended duration on flasks (VITAL during progression, and early game where things will be hella expensive) and Inscrip so I can make Shoulder Chants.

I'll probably have mine be herbalism and mining until the level cap. It seems less like farming when you gather as you quest and it gives XP.

At level cap I might do Engineering and Alchemy for personal preference.

Deleted
    Alchemy, just seems to fit + it's a big money saver early on in an expansion.

Not a clue about 2nd, leaning towards inscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbucket View Post
    Alchemy, just seems to fit + it's a big money saver early on in an expansion.

Not a clue about 2nd, leaning towards inscription.
    I think Inscription is a good idea. It will be useful with many new gylphs and craftable staves. Plus, both of your professions will then use the same gathering profession.

Deleted
    Healer/tank probably for specs, and professions alchemy/inscription. Already got all professions, and by time he's leveled I don't think I'll need more JC's for recipes and DMC's seem to have a cooldown in MoP. 359 alchemy trinket at level 80 is always a nice extra bonus too for leveling since it's really strong and starts working as soon as your heirloom ones stop scaling.

Deleted
    healer/tank enchanting/JC

15+ Year Old Account
    windwalker

profs skinning+mining while leveling. Not sure about end game.

Herbalism/Alchemy. I have all the professions at max already, so I'll just use him to have an extra transmute.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WIndwalker. Gonna take Leatherworking and Alchemy.

Herblism/Alch Brewmaster/Mistweaver*
    *Not chosen yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster, taking Leatherworking (Badass bracer enchants just in case they make them like they did in Cata) Plus it's always been a good one for Tanks. Also taking Inscription so I wouldn't have to farm rep for shoulder enchants (but they made that post a day AFTER I had all the pigments ready to get to 525)

Alchemy and a gathering profession. Alchemy because of extra transmute cooldowns and the gathering profession will probably be skinning (you'll get Spirit of Harmony when farming leather).

Most likely skin/lw, the only two I don't have atm.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I already have at least 1 of every prof at 525/525, meh, I'll either do two gathering profs (skinning/mining) or, if I feel the need for another duplicate crafting prof, I suppose I could make my 4th transmute spec alchemist, because access to extra CD's per days when you are trying to make stuff is always nice. If I go the alchemist route, meh not sure what I'll do with the second prof.

Brew/Wind/Mist (Yes, I'll be playing all 3)

I was going to go JC/Alch or JC/Ench since I don't plan to level any(yea right) alts in MOP, but think I'll go with Skin/LW and just use my alts profs if gems etc get too pricy.

I wont be progression raiding, so really, when I think about it, I can't find any compelling reason to concern myself with overpriced BiS Gems/Enchants.

probably herbalism/alchemy. can never have enough alchemists for transmutes >