"Hurr hurr you're a nerd"

Anyone else get this? Irony kills me every. single. time.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Not on Nordic which I generally play the most even though I live in the US. I find on the west they are worse when it comes to insulting because a lot of them actually know English and it can get really bad sometimes. Haven't played enough NA to say what it's like.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I must admit... i don't get it ._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Not on Nordic which I generally play the most even though I live in the US. I find on the west they are worse when it comes to insulting because a lot of them actually know English and it can get really bad sometimes. Haven't played enough NA to say what it's like.
    Why would you play on Nordic & East? Its horrible. Full of people from eastern europe who cant speak english. I dont even know why they put nordic countries up there with the eastern block countries and not to the west... Me and my friends had to transfer from nordic to west just because people at nordic and east are generally retarded and cant speak english. Not saying all of them are but majority of them are.

OT: I think alot of people call you a nerd or tryhard when you ward, counterjungle and do stuff like that. Makes them feel better about losing.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    I must admit... i don't get it ._.
    People playing an MMORPG calling other people nerds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Why would you play on Nordic & East? Its horrible. Full of people from eastern europe who cant speak english. I dont even know why they put nordic countries up there with the eastern block countries and not to the west... Me and my friends had to transfer from nordic to west just because people at nordic and east are generally retarded and cant speak english. Not saying all of them are but majority of them are.

OT: I think alot of people call you a nerd or tryhard when you ward, counterjungle and do stuff like that. Makes them feel better about losing.
    Well, the other side has poland and the other side has spain. It's really a lose-lose situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    People playing an MMORPG calling other people nerds.
    This is not a wow forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Well, the other side has poland and the other side has spain. It's really a lose-lose situation.
    I'd be offended by this if not for how much sometimes I want to dig a hole to hide in after seeing another HERPDERP_PL spamming Polish profanities on the chat.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2012-07-14 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I actually like it better here on west and I havent encountered any spanish people YET... cant wait. Only problem Ive had with were french and germans who refused to speak english and their skills were pretty poor. Other than that its a lot better at west.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This is not a wow forum.

I'd be offended by this if not for how much sometimes I want to dig a hole to hide in after seeing another HERPDERP_PL spamming Polish profanities on the chat.
    No offense to the polish or spanish people but free to play games seem to attract them and their language skills don't seem to be so great or it seems so just because there's so much of them and the stupid ones just stand out.

This thread is going some place good...

Also who cares if someone calls you a nerd?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxolem View Post
    Also who cares if someone calls you a nerd?
    Dunno. If I care to reply I say "Yeah, I am, don't see any problems?".

I havnt been called nerd (well maybe once) but i have been called a virgin alot of times...heh...like they know about that

This is not a wow forum.
    That may indeed be true, but the example still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    That may indeed be true, but the example still works.
    Stretching the term "nerd" to everyone playing video games is a ridiculously extreme exaggeration.

Stretching the term "nerd" to everyone playing video games is a ridiculously extreme exaggeration.
    Nit-picking irrelevant details which generally can and does apply to video games is an extremely pointless task.

On-topic, it's incredibly ironic but those spurting it out generally don't have the brain capacity to realize this; so I just laugh and move on.

Deleted
    I'm a nerd and proud!

Deleted
    "So, what are you? Some kinda normalfag? Get out, filthy unvirgin." Works every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    "So, what are you? Some kinda normalfag? Get out, filthy unvirgin." Works every time.
    /a/ pls go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    /a/ pls go
    I think you meant /hikky/

EDIT: Yeah nevermind, theyre pretty much the same place.

I've played over 1000 games on 2k normal elo and 1,9k ranked on EUNE and I've met only a few people that can't speak english.