Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The whole thing was invented by ONE author who wanted to sell books.

He sold his books, now leave it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing out of the ordinary. I bet I won't even remember the whole thing (unless someone reminds me of it, like this thread did, had forgotten it completely), until someone tells me that we are not dead yet (to which I will respond "wtf are you talking about?").

Deleted
    I will probably stand in line to buy the Christmas release of Mist of pandaria....

Deleted
    Finishing my huge banner that i will walk around the streets with on December 22...

The text on it will say "Haha you idiots, the world is still running!".

Deleted
    my birthday

The usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Working. /10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackWilmslow View Post
    Its just the end of their Baktun long count calender. If their civilisation lasted, they would of calculated another long count calender long before 21/12/2012. No where in mayan culture describes an end time, apart from their usual cultural one, but its something that doesn't dominate their culture, unlike ours

SIDE NOTE: Mayan creation myth speaks of a god that creates three worlds, however only one is deemed fit for mankind. Others die/fade out. Current geological surveys of Mars and Venus has given indications that they where very much like earth a long time ago. with a temperate climate, and oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere. Mars's core cooled down and lost its atmosphere due to the small size of the planet and Venus overheated with greenhouse gases.

One thing does happen on that date is that our solar system/sun/combination (I forget which) will be in perfect galactic allignment, and then proceed either to the upper or lower part of the galactic hemisphere (I forget which, again). However this is a clockwork action that happens every so often. What is fasinating is that this 'galactic allignment' happens the end of their baktun calender. Mayans are well known astronomers and astrologists, and I find it compelling that their end of the long count calender happens to coincide with this galactic allignment. However, as a scientist myself, I find it hard to put scientfic creedence into astrology, however my times in research and study has led me to believe that astrology has very coincidential observations. And things do work like clockwork in the universe (only account for changes that can be observed in a timeframe of millions of years, not in the small amount of time we observe/have observed).

Sorry, completely off topic. However I am interested in this, some of what I said is opinion based on observations and fact. I'm sorry I haven't cited, i'm really hung over. Can do upon request.

Anyway, baaack to topic. Most likely Christmas shopping, knee deep in studying, and spending the day like any other friday!
    It actually states end of age/era not really "time" or end of "world".

On Dec 21 2012 one thing that happens (which occurs at the end of their calendar) is the end of the age of Pisces and the beginning of the age of Aquarius.
    (Along with planetary alignment)

I would hardly tag a doomsday or Armageddon to such a date because the earth goes through these 'ages' all the time.

Heck, the Sphynx was built to symbolise the age of Leo, as at the time of its construction, Leo was the constellation on the horizon for where the sphynx faced at that time.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Spending christmas with my family, probably Might see if I can get a party together, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    So I ask;
    What will you be doing on the night of the 20th December?
    Playing MoP, and probably not realize 20th december has passed untill a few days later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Finishing my huge banner that i will walk around the streets with on December 22...

The text on it will say "Haha you idiots, the world is still running!".
    OFC it will. But it's said that the consciousness of people will chang or gain a higher level. And that's often like a way of ending for some.

10+ Year Old Account
    The end of the Mayan calendar is as significant as the end of our own calendar.

I will likely be doing something wintery.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think its gonna be anything like Y2K but there will be plenty of wackos out to celebrate the end of the world more than likely!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a card with a calendar that ends at 31st of December 2012. You figure the rest.

Deleted
    just living how i am used to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    It actually states end of age/era not really "time" or end of "world".

On Dec 21 2012 one thing that happens (which occurs at the end of their calendar) is the end of the age of Pisces and the beginning of the age of Aquarius.
    (Along with planetary alignment)

I would hardly tag a doomsday or Armageddon to such a date because the earth goes through these 'ages' all the time.

Heck, the Sphynx was built to symbolise the age of Leo, as at the time of its construction, Leo was the constellation on the horizon for where the sphynx faced at that time.
    EEP, I hope you don't think I believe the world is going to end. I do love researching it though But I really do not believe the world is going to end. However the road we are taking, we might see our civilisation go ;p

AHH HAH! Thank you. I completly forgot about the End of Age, Pisces > Aquarius. Completly forgot to put it in there. And yeah, end of age/era is a a better way of wording that I have.

Seriously, i'm green with hungoverness ... that bacon butty made no dent :/

But yeah, our planet goes through it soooooo many times, Just normal day in galactic terms, the only different is that we have a civilisation now.

Haha, your right. Ooh, I like you. Intelligence! Gotta love it!

Deleted
    The same thing I do every night, Kuthe - try to take over the world! ...And likely watch some anime! \o/

Listen to The Final Countdown from Europe. I don't believe in anything but in case it happens i die with style.

I know what I won't be doing: Stressing over yet another end of the world.

How many times have these ends of the world been prophetised just in recorded history? How many times has the end come to wipe us all out? This is a load of crap, and honestly, anyone who even slightly believes it is gullible and, well, dumb.

What manner of device or foresight would let mayans predict any end of the world millenia ago? This is a load of bollocks.

Deleted
    Not the first time I've faced the end of the world, and I fully expect this one to turn out like the others; just another day.