10+ Year Old Account

[ElvUI] More action bars

First of all! Hunter that needs only 1 bar? I can see you are not playing pvp :3
    I have total 91 keybids (had to make more macros to get it down to 91 from 114 bids). And yes I have naga.

Anyway Ive been on break for long time and decided to download wow back since have the Annual pass on anyway <_<
    Ive decided to use ElvUI instead of wows orginal (which is great now cause you can move player/target bar etc).
    Anyway is there only 4 bars in ElvUI?? I have tried everything but still cant get the really important 5th bar to show (Bar that is next to the bar which is normally right side of the window). Instead there is a pet bar.

Deleted
    5th bar should be easy to show just go in the config and make sure enabled is ticked on all 5 actionbars

10+ Year Old Account
    type in /ec so you get the elvui config menu. Expand the 'actionbar' option in the menu --> click actionbar 5 and enable it

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    you can move target bar and player bar in default UI aswell nowdays so

Deleted
    if you get bartender you can get 10 action bars, if 5 is not enough (91 keybinds, do hunters even have that many abilities O.o?).

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    if you get bartender you can get 10 action bars, if 5 is not enough (91 keybinds, do hunters even have that many abilities O.o?).
    Bartender is not capable of displaying more bars than any other addon. Of course theres other methods but you wouldn't be using Blizzards system.

Quote Originally Posted by Elv
    not true elvui uses bartender's actionbar system now, its just its setup to emulate blizzards. technically i can add 100 bars, doesn't mean they will all be differant though, bartender4 has this same problem, except they let you use the pages for the second actionbar page, the 3 pages that warriors and druids use therefor total number of bars is

5 default + 1 page on main bar + 3 pages that would be used for warrior/druid forms/stances, + 1 bonusbar used for the vehicle/possession, therefor total bars = 10

why don't i just put 10 bars? because elvui is designed for ALL classes, and if i put 10 bars like bartender has you will run into the same problem that bartender has, that is for classes such as druid/warrior you're still limited to 5 or 6 bars depending on your paging settings. rogues/spriest would have 8 bars, everyone else could utilize 10, but you don't truly need them because you have less abilities.
    Use this if you want another bar in elvui.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/elvui-oneextraactionbar
    Last edited by Elv; 2012-07-15 at 01:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elv View Post
    Bartender is not capable of displaying more bars than any other addon. Of course theres other methods but you wouldn't be using Blizzards system.
    What do bartender, dominos do to give those additional action bars? And would that be something you could do to for ELV ui? Or is the plugin of one more action bar the most that is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    What do bartender, dominos do to give those additional action bars? And would that be something you could do to for ELV ui? Or is the plugin of one more action bar the most that is possible?

ElvUI is setup similar to how default Blizzard is. 5 Bars and a paging bar on the main bar.

On a class like paladin/hunter/shaman/dk I could technically create 10 bars without a problem.

Warrior / Druid however you would only be able to do 6 bars. (Druid on ElvUI would be a max of 5 because we use a bar for being stealthed in cat form)

Rogues, Spriest, Warlock the max would be 9 bars.

There is no need for more than 5 bars however, no class has more abilities than the amount of buttons displayed on 5 bars. Even if you have profession, random items, hearth, stupid macros on your bar you can utilize the 6th bar which is paged on the first bar for that.
    Last edited by Elv; 2012-07-16 at 04:17 AM.