Poll: Should Female Pandaren Get More Options

Page 1 of 44
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Female Pandaren Complete NO FACE CHANGES AT ALL

Original Thread on World of Warcrafts official website linked here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...age=3#new-post I would appreciate your comments and feedback put there as well seeing that blizz hardly reads these side forums.

We have confirmation that the Female pandaren with the :3 face will not see any more options added.

The problem: Every female pandaren has the exact same base face (not head her face) when you remove the markings her face doesn't have any features (scars, different noses, crows feet, wrinkles, ect.) but the males, (and every other race) do have different faces like crows feet, scars, wrinkles, ect.:

And more shown here in color pay attention to the right side see the different shading and markings on the male but none on the female.

The current female pandaren facial options (or lack there of), is like being stuck with one night elf face (faces again being different nose mouth lips ect) and only being able to change the markings. Even female worgen have different nose options some are pinkish color, the size changes and the markings like wrinkles on the nose show more distinction:

(images by Seyna thanks for showing this)

What we hope to achieve by posting this thread: is to add more OPTIONS we DO NOT want CHANGES we want Choices. We hope to see some choices like these:

Scars, teeth showing, a no streak option (supposed to be added hasn't been yet this was confirmed by Neth Ill post the chat below and link proof), we also hope to have choice of base hair color. For example you could have a red panda with black hair, or a grey panda with red hair ect. The streaks would still be able to be chosen, or not chosen as well.

Mostly we hope to see a difference in faces (scars, age lines, noses, crows feet, ect.) rather than just plain old markings. Something different from the consistant smile :3 of the muzzle would be nice as well but most of us just hope for differences on the face. While her current face is great some of us would like a more serious look option like this:

We think it would be nice to have an option in the jewelery section that says left eye scar that you can choose to have and it look something like this:

Here is the link to the twitter discussion showing that the discussion for female pandaren options were brought to the table, currently there is no talk of change.
    https://twitter.com/Nethaera that is the link to her twitter go see her posts.

The conversation:
    Q Are the female Pandaren done? I hope not. Scars or choice of base hair color would be welcomed. Please let us know something. TY!
    Neth A The request for more facial options has been provided to the team, but as far as I'm aware, there are no plans to add. There should be an option for "solid" color hair already. (It had been slated to be corrected in character creation.) We'll try to keep everyone informed if that changes though.

Q So far the only options are if you choose red skin you get red hair, black skin black hair ect. and you cant choose streakless.
    Neth A I'll double check when I can, but I believe there is at least one that doesn't have a streak in it.

Please provide feedback on the beta forum so perhaps if we do have enough people asking for more options the issue will be re-visited and OPTIONS NOT CHANGES will be ADDED. Thanks.

COMMON COMPLAINTS WE HAVE SEEN AND SOLUTIONS TO EACH:

I don't see any difference in the faces at all.

Thats ok, some of us do. We would like to see Options added that doesn't change your current character at all, would that be ok with you? NOTHING will change on your character we will just have EXTRA options added.

Blizzard would be wasting they're time we have other important things to worry about.

All of the options we are requesting (scars, wrinkles, darker lips, choice of hair color) are already complete they just have to take a few seconds to add the options to the list. Its not new art its just making current art available.

Just emote to have different faces.

Emotes are not faces. If you smile does that mean you are old? If you frown does that mean you have a scar? If you look curiously and bite your finger nail does that mean that you have red hair and black skin? Emotes are ways of showing EMOTIONS not face features.

The males all have the same facial structure

Yes I agree they do all have the same facial structure, the females do as well. This is not the point, or what we are referencing. We are simply asking for scars, the males have scars the females do not. We are asking for wrinkles on the nose and under the eye like the males have, we are asking for choices like that.

It doesn't matter because you hardly ever look at your character.

I see other pandaren out in the world who all have the same blank face (aside from markings) I don't have to see my characters face to know that it is a clone of all other females. Also, you do see your characters face constantly it is CONSTANTLY located in the top corner of your screen. You see it every time you log in, you see it every time you take a screen shot, you see it in every pet battle you engage in, and if like some you role play then perhaps you pan your camera round to see it then. I wonder, if seeing your face doesn't matter then why should these options being added matter to you anyway because you don't look at your character. Some do, and they would like to have options. It wont affect you so why do you care? You don't have to take that choice if you don't want it.

Other races look exactly the same with face look at the Belf and Dranei

While they share the same faces they do not share the same single face. It would be like only having one face choice on a night elf and only being able to change her tattoos/markings the same face, no darker lips, no shading under the brow to give a stern look. All the same 1 face. Another example would be the forsaken, imagine if they only gave you the choice of having holes in your lips and no eyes. Sure you could add the staples, jawless or the cross straps over the eyes but you wouldn't have those options like no eyes no nose, or smooth face pale lips, or many others that are available. Changing the markings doesn't change the original face it just adds markings.

If they add these options in it will change the faces currently available.

Not if they add it in the jewelery section. Choose your face (makrings), hair style, hair color (hopefully base color, streak color, and a no streak option), and finally rename earrings to features and have choices like no earrings, loops, discs, spirals, loops 2, nose scar, mouth scar, eye scar, and wrinkles.

Ultimately if adding additions not making changes to current models is something you don't like then I'm sorry you don't like it and I would love to hear why you don't like the freedom of choice.

These are some of the complaints I have seen, the complaints are in bold, my response to each is in italics. I think this is what we are trying to tell you guys. Were just asking for added options not changes.
    Last edited by kajamere; 2012-07-19 at 02:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will do, I really wish EU players could post on the US forums

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the :3 face but I definitely would like to see a more serious and less cutesy version of the face >.<

Well, I'd also want the voice of female re-recorded, it just doesn't fit...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen just have different fur patterns as well.

I don't get why people are surprised? Any time the character could be construed as "sexy" Blizz will do everything in their power to make it "sexy".

We saw it with the Female NElf, All females in BC, the Female Worgen, and now Female Pandaren. Not to mention the fact all female armor is skimpy and useless in a real battle.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I'd love to put my 2 cents in on that thread but as a UK player I'm not allowed

But out of those 2 larger images you posted I Absolutly Love the 2nd version, She actually looks like an Adult 0_o instead of the Sickeningly Cutsie face that the're perma stuck with atm.

Just looking at that image and listening to their current (older woman) voice they have and it just fits perfectly <3

If they had that option I would definatly make a Fpanda rogue when it goes live. As it is I feel as if I'm being forced to make a male toon if I want a pandaran that has a serious and adult facial appearance.

After all, not all players are guys with furry cutsie animé schoolgirl fetishes >_>

While posting here is wonderful and appreciated I really wish you will post your concerns on the offical forum link at the top as well that way Blizz can see how many people are upset by this.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    I'd love to put my 2 cents in on that thread but as a UK player I'm not allowed

But out of those 2 larger images you posted I Absolutly Love the 2nd version, She actually looks like an Adult 0_o instead of the Sickeningly Cutsie face that the're perma stuck with atm.

Just looking at that image and listening to their current (older woman) voice they have and it just fits perfectly <3

If they had that option I would definatly make a Fpanda rogue when it goes live. As it is I feel as if I'm being forced to make a male toon if I want a pandaran that has a serious and adult facial appearance.

After all, not all players are guys with furry cutsie animé schoolgirl fetishes >_>
    Copy this thread and post it on the EU forums will you please? More people all over the world requesting these options might bring the issue back to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to have more options to the female pandaren. Same goes for the worgen. Blizzard seems a bit on the stubborn side on "more options", which makes me think: When they revamp the vanilla races, will they drop the faces for all females down to one face with options like "earrings/markings/etc"?

*shudder*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisune Soma View Post
    Copy this thread and post it on the EU forums will you please? More people all over the world requesting these options might bring the issue back to the table.
    Done, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4940045685#1

Weather you'll get any replies on there is beyond me, not that many people actually use the useless feedback forum as its generally ignored.

We have more chance of a Blue responding on mmo than on there LOLS

Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    I'd love to have more options to the female pandaren. Same goes for the worgen. Blizzard seems a bit on the stubborn side on "more options", which makes me think: When they revamp the vanilla races, will they drop the faces for all females down to one face with options like "earrings/markings/etc"?

*shudder*
    No change for tauren females then We've only ever had one face with about 4 or 5 different markings. Personally I just want my F.Tauren to grow some teeth. Male taurens have teeth, so why don't Female Taurens D:
    Last edited by mmocf5558b9282; 2012-07-15 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    They're probably not going to change anything.

Female worgen all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    No change for tauren females then We've only ever had one face with about 4 or 5 different markings. Personally I just want my F.Tauren to grow some teeth. Male taurens have teeth, so why don't Female Taurens D:
    I want my female tauren default avatar to have eyes.

Please go find two wild female pandas and tell me how different their skeletal structured face is.
    TBH I'm fine with the female panda face, it's people that bitch about it like this is what landed us in the current Worgen Female situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    They're probably not going to change anything.

Female worgen all over again...
    Eh, disagree strongly. The female pandaren isn't a bad model, it just lacks variety in facial expression types.

The female worgen head is just all wrong. There's nothing right about it. It needs a ground up remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post

*shudder*
    I might be wrong here but didn't Blizzard say that when they DO do the revamps, they will keep in an option to use the old models?

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Eh, disagree strongly. The female pandaren isn't a bad model, it just lacks variety in facial expression types.

The female worgen head is just all wrong. There's nothing right about it. It needs a ground up remodel.
    No it doesn't.
    The body is the same as the alpha's, the face is just what got fucked up.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    We saw it with the Female NElf, All females in BC, the Female Worgen, and now Female Pandaren. Not to mention the fact all female armor is skimpy and useless in a real battle.
    Hate to break it to you but when you are fighting a dragon as big as a city block, wearing full armour plate is useless when going for realism, unless you some how see an advantage in being crushed like a soup can in a trash compactor. Light armour isn't just "revealing" on females there's plenty that is "revealing" on males as well. Light armour serves a purpose for providing maximum mobility and MOST armour from the world was *light* armour. Just because European knights wore huge, lavish, heavy plate armour doesn't mean it was a standard or even practical in combat when compared to the rest of the world. They learned a hard, painful lesson about how ineffective and worthless heavy armour was against superior weapons wielded by Middle Eastern armies which defeated it as it weren't even there.

Granted this is a game and mechanics are different from actual combat, but the lore for races which wear "skimpy armour" like Night Elves and Orcs is based around evading weapon strikes.

everyone who loves the face their female character has now, be very afraid of the racial revamps. Very, very afraid.

Deleted
    OMG that female worgen is so ugly.. Blizzard really doesn't know how to make proper female eyes anymore.

Deleted
    Can happily say this is something I don't care about in the slightest. Not as if you can tell the difference at anything beyond 5 yards, forgetting helms entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    everyone who loves the face their female character has now, be very afraid of the racial revamps. Very, very afraid.
    You know, the more people 'doomsday' about faces and expect something spectacular, the more dissappointed they're going to be, and then they're going to complain and get it 'revamped' and ruined.

I give up on these forums, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

This is your opinion. Keep in mind some people like the model and would be perfectly fine with a few tweaks here and there to bring variety.

I personally don't like it. But what I think isn't universal.