Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    RMAH is solely there to facilitate secure real-money trading (and to give Blizzard a cut of the cake of course). It's Diablo. Real-money trading would be happening whether the RMAH existed or not, people tend to forget this.
    I just can't fathom HOW people manage to forget this. Back when I played D2 the item market was pretty damn prevalent, and I'm told it got worse after I stopped playing.

Hell, a quick Google search shows that there are Diablo 2 item trading/selling sites STILL running.

Its a free to play custom SC2 Map.
    Take that for what its worth

And lol deserves its throne. Riot games is one of the few gaming companies out there that provides quality service. Blizz never supported the MOBA scene when Dota started, despite the constant nagging of its fans. Blizz is now getting into MOBAs, a decade later, because they saw that you can make money on it. That company deserves to rot for all I care.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2012-07-16 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    i never had xfire when i used to play wow.. so its not accurate at all imo. It totally ignored steam games.. so i guess mw3 would have been even higher on the list.

wasnt the article from forbes aswell lol
    Forbes picked up the story (I think it was Gaudiosi, he always writes about gaming), but I don't think they were the ones that broke it or anything.

And MW3 wouldn't change much. It has fewer players than CS 1.6 or CS:S on Steam and is usually below the top 5 but above in top 10. It's not that popular on PC (especially compared to Xbox).

It's not all inclusive numbers, but it gives a pretty damn good sample size to pull from.

bliz really missed out on moba gaming lol

Deleted
    Thrall is going to be a support character :-(

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Its a free to play custom SC2 Map.
    Take that for what its worth
    And thats all it will be, should be, and is being made to be. Only reason anyone thinks it will be any better is because of those "news" sites blowing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I just can't fathom HOW people manage to forget this. Back when I played D2 the item market was pretty damn prevalent, and I'm told it got worse after I stopped playing.

Hell, a quick Google search shows that there are Diablo 2 item trading/selling sites STILL running.

Okay so let me ask you this then. Plenty of 3rd party sites sell gold and power lvl for characters in world of warcraft. Since it still happens today and since it clearly provides a service that many people are using (to their own detriment in many cases as it can leave them vulnerable to being hacked) should Blizzard just sell gold and levels?

LoL, HoB, Dota 2 and now this? Good luck getting money from this Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    3rd party sites sell
    Correct. Third party sites also sell maphacks for sc2 or custom hacks for other games. Just because there is a market it doesn't mean that it is automatically in the best interest for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Correct. Third party sites also sell maphacks for sc2 or custom hacks for other games. Just because there is a market it doesn't mean that it is automatically in the best interest for everyone.
    Okay so then the question becomes where do we draw the line? Why is it okay for Blizzard to provide the service that 3rd party sites used to (and to some extent still do) in d3 but it wouldn't be okay for them to offer gold selling or power leveling in wow? Hell they facilitate the sale of gold in D3, I don't see why it would be that much of a leap in World of Warcraft...

Also my apologies to the mods if this is getting off topic, it's just a bit of an interesting digression.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-07-16 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to trying it when it comes out. Haters gonna hate.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

This is getting off topic. If you want to create another topic to discuss this (and not make the topic overly flamebaity, especially considering it's a bit of a sensitive topic for some people), feel free to do so. But let's keep this on Blizzard All Stars

ive played hon for about 2 years now, i tried LoL and i didnt like it compared to HoN. If this is a sc2 map addon i doubt id play it but i would at least try it if it was a standalone title. Just my 2 cents

Havent they said that Dota allstars is supposed to be F2P? That pretty much rule out that its a mod for SC2 since you then have to buy SC2 to play it making it not F2P...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Okay so let me ask you this then. Plenty of 3rd party sites sell gold and power lvl for characters in world of warcraft. Since it still happens today and since it clearly provides a service that many people are using (to their own detriment in many cases as it can leave them vulnerable to being hacked) should Blizzard just sell gold and levels?
    You make missing the point an art form. But if you would like to show me where Blizzard is selling gold and levels on the RMAH, you're welcome to do so.

The point was that players have always been selling items to other players. But since it was always done as an underground market kind of thing there were people getting scammed and ripped off left and right. The RMAH allows people to do what they have always been doing safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    LoL, HoB, Dota 2 and now this? Good luck getting money from this Blizz.
    It will be free to play with microtranaction(it is not confirmed but I am sure there will be a way for people to buy something) for sure. It is being made by SC2 editor. It's like they are making another custom game. Blizz have almost nothing to lose here.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Havent they said that Dota allstars is supposed to be F2P? That pretty much rule out that its a mod for SC2 since you then have to buy SC2 to play it making it not F2P...
    It's free to play. You will be able to play it with just starter edition of SC2 but there will be some limit for sure.

I doubt I prefer it over DotA2. Especially with amount of casualness involved. Their target audience is lazy-asses who cba to search information about the game they play. This is what I get from this video.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-17 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the vid and some of the things they change is really good. Like killsteals. because right now it sucks when you do 90% of the damage on a hero and you get 40 gold and some random gets 300 (talking LoL here). I also like the idea of not having buffs and instead have a minion fight for you.

I'm not really sure if I like the direction they are taking the game, so I'll probably just stick to Dota 2 for now. But I'll keep an eye on it and see where it goes.