Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post your WORKOUT routine

Monday - Chest (with hanging leg/knee raises bonus sets)
    Tuesday - Triceps/Back
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Legs (with hanging leg/knee raise & dips bonus sets)
    Friday - Biceps/Shoulders
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Rest

Here is my current CHEST workout day for Mondays.

Exercise 1) Flat bench-press (bar) 3-4x Sets (4-12 reps)
    Exercise 2) Flat bench-press (dumbbells) 4x Sets (4-12 reps)
    Exercise 3) Incline bench-press (dumbbells) 4x Sets (4-12 reps) -For the large DB weights on Incline I do it with a bar since can't without spotter to get DB's into position.
    Exercise 4) Incline Flyes (Dumbbell) (8-12 reps)
    Exercise 5) Push Ups - (3 in 1) 4x Sets (Reps = till fail) -3 in 1 means, I start with diamond-close grip pushup, then move to standard pushup, then lastly position to a wide-grip pushup

10+ Year Old Account

Stronglifts

Stronglifts 5x5 " Intensity matters not quantity"

5 sets/5 reps, I currently do it mon/wed/fri.

Workout A: Done monday/Friday
    -Squat
    -Bench Press
    -Barbell Rows

Workout B: Wed
    -Squat
    -Overhead Press
    -Deadlift 1x5

I personally vouch for this type of workout program just for gaining raw strength and size. I'm only showing numbers to show what I've worked up to over the past year and im still going. I weighed 130 beginning of my senior year, 2010 and now in 2012, shipping out to basic July 30th I feel much more confident in myself after giving my heart and soul to Stronglifts 5x5 workout! Any questions I would be more than glad to answer!

All in pounds
    Weight-150, 19 y/o
    Bench Press-235
    Squat- 230
    Deadlift- 270
    Press- 120/125
    Power snatch- 115

"Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat. ~Ann Landers" Work hard everyone and never give up!
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Copious amounts of sexual activity. I am completely serious.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Walk 5 miles every morning with a 30KG pack on. 30 minutes of weights afterwards from curls to working my chest, upper back and shoulders.
    I walk 15 miles with a 30KG pack at least once a week. I'd do it more often, but it takes 3-4 hours.

I'm 6'4 and 266 lbs if that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sex is an amazing cardio workout
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Don't just do the same exercises all the time. Your body gets used to it and your progress will slow. I work muscle groups rather than doing fixed exercises and do a different exercise week to week and change weight and rep/set numbers regularly. Every month or two I will change up what days I do what muscle groups. Right now my schedule looks like this:

Monday: Chest, Triceps and abs (alternating from high weight low rep to high rep low weight every couple of weeks)
    Tuesday: Cardiovascular training session. One hour boot camp with variable exercises.
    Wednesday: Back, Biceps and abs
    Thursday: Another bootcamp session
    Friday: Legs and Core
    Saturday: Random exercise day/rest
    Sunday: If I had a rest on Saturday I make up for it here.

Overall my workout routine is pretty loose. I find it gives you much more real world strength with the exercise variation. It also stops things from getting boring.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheersbrah View Post
    Monday - Chest (with hanging leg/knee raises bonus sets)
    Tuesday - Triceps/Back
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Legs (with hanging leg/knee raise & dips bonus sets)
    Friday - Biceps/Shoulders
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Rest

Here is my current CHEST workout day for Mondays.

Exercise 1) Flat bench-press (bar) 3-4x Sets (4-12 reps)
    Exercise 2) Flat bench-press (dumbbells) 4x Sets (4-12 reps)
    Exercise 3) Incline bench-press (dumbbells) 4x Sets (4-12 reps) -For the large DB weights on Incline I do it with a bar since can't without spotter to get DB's into position.
    Exercise 4) Incline Flyes (Dumbbell) (8-12 reps)
    Exercise 5) Push Ups - (3 in 1) 4x Sets (Reps = till fail) -3 in 1 means, I start with diamond-close grip pushup, then move to standard pushup, then lastly position to a wide-grip pushup
    Bro.. where's your decline presses at? Decline is essentially, and technically, the best chest exercise you can do. Try this:

Ex. 1) Decline
    Ex. 2) Incline
    Ex. 3) Flat Dumbbell Flyes.

Your chest will be completely smoked, and if it's not, you aren't doing it right/not enough weight. Your first 2 sets should be "warm-ups". Light weight with moderate strain. Your last set should be heavy weight, intense strain until failure. If you have someone to spot for you, work the negatives.

I regress. To each their own. I'm doing something very similar to a Dorian Yates routine that can be found here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ek-trainer.htm

Week 1
    Day 1) Chest & Biceps
    Day 2) Delts & Triceps
    Day 3) Jog (1.5 - 2.0 miles)
    Day 4) Rest, give your entire system time to recover.
    Day 5) Chest & Biceps
    Day 6) Back
    Day 7) Jog (1.5 - 2.0 miles)

Week 2
    Day 1) Delts & Triceps
    So on, so forth. Actually getting to where I want to do multiple major muscle groups in the same day but after 3 days of high intensity workouts (exclusive dumbbells, I love using stabilizing muscles) and jogging 3 times a week, I just feel really bombed and have to take 24-48 hours off; give my system time to fully recover.

I don't super set anything with this routine, although my other is based entirely around supersetting. 4-5 exercises done back to back with no rest, high weight but I find that I "pace" more with it than the above routine which doesn't really promote as much growth.

http://i.imgur.com/JpVjd.jpg

Here's my summer program. It's just a Madcow's spreadsheet (adapted 5x5 program kinda like Stronglifts).

Interesting, I'm rather new going to the gym and I've basically have been doing an assortment of machines lifting 12 times at the most weight I can manage and doing the same thing each day. What is the benefit of working a set pair of muscles each day and why not go to the gym everyday?

10+ Year Old Account
    Outdoor Running: 2.5 - 5 miles (5 - 10 miles if the weather is nice)
    Pushups: 100 reps
    Mixed Calisthenics and Free Weights for an hour

========>>>>>>>>> Seven days a week

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Interesting, I'm rather new going to the gym and I've basically have been doing an assortment of machines lifting 12 times at the most weight I can manage and doing the same thing each day. What is the benefit of working a set pair of muscles each day and why not go to the gym everyday?
    The benefit is growth. The following muscles need, at the least, 24 hours of rest between workouts: Pecs (chest: upper, lower), Back (Traps, Lats, Lower), Biceps and Triceps, Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Calves, and Deltoids. You can work your core every day of the week and not really suffer from a "burn out".

What you described is you just lifting a heavy weight 12 times and calling it a day for that particular exercise. I'm assuming you aren't hitting muscle failure nor are you working negatives. Repetitions do NOT matter. Setting the weight so that you can hit a particular number is called "pacing". It doesn't promote as much growth as "maximizing" does (enough weight to where you can perform a random number of reps but you eventually cannot lift it anymore, which is called "muscle failure" and approximately between 6-8 reps). The more damage (burn, fatigue) that is caused to your muscles the stronger they become.
    Last edited by Epiphanes; 2012-07-16 at 04:08 AM.

Monday : Sit on couch, watch Wrestling
    Tuesday : Sit at computer, play video games
    Wednesday : Drive through McDonalds
    Thursday : Sit at computer, listen to music
    Friday : Lift chicken nuggets, into my mouth
    Saturday : Smoke cigarettes
    Sunday : Go on internet, post stupid things on forums

My routine doesn't seem to be giving me results....

I think I would actually work out if I was rich, then I could buy nice equipment or afford a gym membership

Otherwise, I'd have to jog around a neighborhood that's all up and down hill with no sidewalk in traffic... and lift free weights....... doesn't feel worth it...

I once lost 50 pounds when I was dating a chick who's apartment complex had a free gym in it, but have since gained it back over the years. Treadmills seem to work wonders but I can't afford to buy one of my own -_-
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-07-16 at 04:19 AM.

My workout varies day to day but a general weekday is:

0630-0800 Cardio (5+ mile run/sprints) or Crossfit
    1130-1230 Pool (20 lap minimum with 4 different things (push-ups, hand release push-up, sit ups, supine bicycle etc...) with 75 reps in each category (swim a lap do 15 reps of 1 category, swim a lap do 15 reps of a different category 20 times )
    1730-1900 Gym working all upper body doing burn-outs (low weight until muscle failure 3 times on each machine)

on weekends I exclude the morning workout. It's really tiring but i have noticed a huge difference in muscle tone.

Don't really have one

I don't plan what exactly im going to do in terms of what excercises for my muscles.

Tuesday Legs/abs
    Thursday Arms/Shoulders
    Saturday Chest/Back

Inbetween is cardio. I believe in doing different excercises each time so i'll do what ever I can to train that muscle for that day so I just have a routine for what muscle im going to train on that day and ignore how im going to do it.

P90X, bring it!!

I usually start the day with a few instances on my Arcane mage, maybe throw in a few on my Elemental Shaman. Or just go running for an hour or so. Whichever I'm feeling for the day.

Monday - Chest/biceps/abs

Tuesday - cardio or day off

Wednesday - Back/Triceps

Thursday - Delts/Traps/Abs

Friday - Chest/biceps/abs

I vary up the weight/reps/sets and exercises every few weeks. But mostly I do 2 warmup sets with half~ weight then I finish with a proper set of heavy weight to failure.

LOL Epiphanes. Nice bro science you got there. No really, classic stuff man. I love reading people's bro science. Comedy gold.

Deleted
    P90x
    10 chars