Poll: What rating would you give amnesia the dark descent?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scariest game that is out there by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonTurky View Post
    you dont really beat the game, you more or less finish the story made by the designers. i myself have finished it long ago but it always remains fun ;p, cant wait for amnesia 2, its going to be AWESOME
    Okay, I haven't finished it yet then . I always end up starting over again when I get to a place I can't make myself go through, just to build up some courage. The farthest I got was right after the Sewers. I really wanted to get to the end, but as soon as I heard a grunt when I reached out for a door I just thought ''fuck that shit'' and haven't played since.

Deleted
    I personally liked Call of Cthulhu : Dark corners of the earth more when it came out, but oh well, might just be nostalgia too. Man, Loved that game.

I think it's an amazing game. I'm very bad with horror games so I didn't really wanna play it but I bought an Indie Bundle which included Amnesia and I thought, "you know what, fuck it, I'll try it, I've seen playthroughs, can't be as horrifying when I know what'll happen." So I tried it late evening and by the time I got to the first big "hub" room I went, "fuck this! I'm waiting till it's the middle of the day!".

Next day I then played it all the way through and my god, I'd have gone mad if I played it at night, but during the day it was a great balance of, "OH FUCK SHIT WHY I WANNA GET OUTTA HERE!" and "This. Is. AWESOME!". I really loved crawling around in the dark, avoiding monsters or in some cases, run away like a little girl.

Since I don't play much horror I can't compare it to anything, but I think Amnesia is a great game, definitely a must-play if you like horror and even if you don't and like challenging yourself a bit in the mental stability level, give it a shot. =)

My reaction to Amnesia, in a nutshell:

Has anyone else ever seen Alexander's painting on low sanity? I experienced it in quite a creepy way...

I was in the Study room looking for stuff, and I've seen Alexander's portrait on normal sanity. He looked like a healthy guy, and when I opened a closet full with skulls, his portrait suddenly looked... disturbing. I looked away for a few min, I walked back and the painting went back to normal.

I can't wait to see if they can deliver those creeps in their sequel A Machine For Pigs. But I doubt walking pig-men will be scarier than grunts

Great game and tells a great story IMO. It does a fantastic job in creating the perfect environment which just draws you into the game.

The game is good. The custom stories and full conversion mods are even better, though. Tenebris Lake, White Night, and The Attic are a few that come to mind.

I find it hard to immerse myself in the game. I just don't get scared by it enough to feel the adrenaline, I got more jumps from playing Slender, and even more from playing Silent Hill 1. I managed to get to the elevator(the part past the flooded basement) and I had no idea where to go so I quit out of boredom. Bottom line the game wasn't fun for me.

How can people rate this game lower than a 4? Even if its not your type of game, you can still admit that for an indie developer they did a pretty amazing job.

Deleted
    I'm too scared to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    How can people rate this game lower than a 4? Even if its not your type of game, you can still admit that for an indie developer they did a pretty amazing job.
    So we are giving free points to games just because they are made by independent developers now?

Tried playing it 2 times, both times quit. Just not my game I guess. No, it's not really scary, just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So we are giving free points to games just because they are made by independent developers now?
    I'm not saying you can instantly give them a rating between 7-10 or just free points because they're an indie developer. But a decent reviewer should atleast look at:

- Gameplay
    - Sound
    - Value
    - Graphics
    - Difficulty
    - Atmosphere
    - Music

Stuff like that.
    But most people are more like ''I didn't like that game, I'll give it a 1'' or ''I liked that game, I'll give it a 10''. If a developer has an extremely low budget, but can still make a masterpiece, you can give them credit for their work. Blizzard has an extremely huge budget and still take 10 years to make Diablo 3, you'd expect them to do a better job.

Scary game. I gave it an 8 for being indie and horrifying at times.