Deleted

Justice and Honor Points

Has it been announced if Justice and Honor Points will be erased when the expansion is released, to put everyone on even ground? Also, on a related note, will Justice Points provide gear or will they only upgrade gear that you have, as Valor Points will do?

In the past what has happened is that Valor --> Justice and you hold onto the JPs (up to the 4k max).

Historically (meaning WotLK to Cata) points weren't reset, rather VP became JP up to the cap, then was converted to gold beyond that. Same for honor points if I'm not mistaken. Faction vendors would like to say hello to your JP / VP in Mists (haven't logged in to the Beta for a while and the new patch broke on my computer - can't bother myself to fix it this late in the beta cycle so I can't verify which points they actually take).
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    In the past what has happened is that Valor --> Justice and you hold onto the JPs (up to the 4k max).
    As far as I remember, Justice and Valor Points were only implemented in the patch 4.0, and the badges that you had from WotLK and TBC were switched to money. Or was that with arena points and battleground marks, while the raid badges were converted to Justice Points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    As far as I remember, Justice and Valor Points were only implemented in the patch 4.0, and the badges that you had from WotLK and TBC were switched to money. Or was that with arena points and battleground marks, while the raid badges were converted to Justice Points?
    He was basically right, though. The Valor equivalent, Emblems of Frost, were converted to Justice Points (along with the other Emblems and Badges of Justice), and you kept all of those Justice Points up to the cap. I assume Arena Points were converted to Honor Points as well. So everyone started with a blank slate on Valor and Conquest, but not necessarily with Justice or Honor.

However, the costs of gear are high enough that you can only buy one or two pieces anyway, due to the cap, so even if you reach 90 with 4000 JP you won't be very far ahead of someone who reaches 90 with 0.

Points were added a few weeks before cata, people had time to grind some but valor were converted to justice the day Cata launched. It will be exactly the same for MoP.

It has not been offically anounced no. But if you currently copy a character to beta your vp gets turned into jp. conquest into honor etc. And it was not like this before on beta, it was changed only a few days ago. So taking that info and looking at last expansion I'm fairly certain you will be able to go into MoP with 4k jp and 4k honor with 0 vp and 0 conquest.

Also currently vp is used to purchase gear from faction vendors, and there is as far as I am aware nothing on the beta to upgrade gear with vp. I know they talked about that, and they could still add it ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    Also currently vp is used to purchase gear from faction vendors, and there is as far as I am aware nothing on the beta to upgrade gear with vp. I know they talked about that, and they could still add it ofc.
    The interface to upgrade items is in the game files (it was displayed on the front page a couple weeks ago), but as far as I know it's still not possible to interact with the main Valor NPCs to use it.

Officially we don't know, but there is little reason to assume it won't work like a normal new tier. Valor points will be converted to Justice Points and Justice points remain.

Blizzard prefers avoiding currency wipes, and players would only be able to buy 1 or 2 items because of the 4k point cap so it's hardly game breaking.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.