Thread: Last Telent.

Last Telent.

Hello I am curious how epic last talents are in this game?
    Visually or in any other sense?
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, visually they aren't all that exciting. If you're talking about usefulness- well... its definitely my main ability.

Sabotage Gunslingers fire bomb/napalm grenade didn't seem to be so epic. I could never tell if it was actually making a difference in how fast mobs were dying, if they were in the range or if they started getting hurt if they ran into the range after i threw it. That was before patch 1.2 though so i dunno if they made it stronger or better visually.

That was the only final talent ability that was underwhelming for me so far.

Merciless slash isn't overwhelmingly cool to look at but is essential and otherwise awesome.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-07-16 at 08:32 PM.

It's something that varies widely by class/spec. For Sentinels the last ability in both the Watchman and Combat trees are our bread and butter. The animations aren't amazing, but they are both skills that we use a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It's something that varies widely by class/spec. For Sentinels the last ability in both the Watchman and Combat trees are our bread and butter. The animations aren't amazing, but they are both skills that we use a lot.
    Very true, Annhilation (for Sith) is just...rediculous. 4k crits easily and I'm only edging my gear up to full Rakata.

Lightning Sorc 31 pt talent (Thundering Blast) is pretty cool. Aesthetically pleasing and hits pretty hard as well (4-5kish).

only 36 with my gunslinger but 50% more energy regen and 10% alacrity rating and reset cd of speed shot for 10 sec is pretty damn good.Only 45 sec cd.

Darkness Assassin, Wither is one of your main Aggro tools, and now that it's a smart AoE it's even better. It's high threat. doesn't break CC, and adds to your stacks of Harnessed Darkness, which is what we use to self heal.

Thunderous Blast (Lightning Sorcerer). One of my favorite abilities. It's basically a purple ki blast. It has an awesome visual, and the sound effect is superb. My character sounds like a thunder and lightning storm when I play this spec.

Flechette Round (Scrapper Scoundrel). Another favorite. Mechanically and visually I like this. The animation can be spammed out of combat, which is a big plus from me. You pull out your shotgun and load in a round. While this seems basic it's the subtle flair that does it for me. Mechanically I love the concept of sneaking behind a boss, loading in a special round, and blasting him. It makes me feel like I am truly a scoundrel and the boss ignoring me will be his downfall.

Plasma Probe (Engineer Sniper). Mechanically I enjoy the synergy of this ability with the rest of the tree, and it's more DoT and AoE. Visually I wish the "plasma" was represented differently, but it's still fun to summon robots from the sky that just drench people in chemicals. I also enjoy placing this on rooftops and sides of buildings.