10+ Year Old Account
    Zer, I really don't believe that you're as ugly and fat as you think you are, I think you're too hard on yourself and find flaws that no other person would ever be able to find.

It's not like being fat is a life sentence (especially your "fat" as you are not very much overweight) people can change especially physically.

Also, I love how we both thought of Jesse Cox when we thought of overweight (I looked him up again on youtube when we got on this subject).

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    People really shouldn't hold themselves up to another person's standards. Everyone's special in their own way.

And seriously, if you people are comfortable in your skin, why do you give a fuck about criticism?
    True, but sometimes it's just hard with the standards people have these days. I don't fall into the typical image and I'm really insecure about my looks and body. It's just easy to forget that as long as you're happy with yourself, that's what matters.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 03:17 AM ----------

+ 20

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    True, but sometimes it's just hard with the standards people have these days. I don't fall into the typical image and I'm really insecure about my looks and body. It's just easy to forget that as long as you're happy with yourself, that's what matters.

+ 20
    As long as people don't put me in the spotlight, I don't give a fuck what they think about me.

In every single category, there are standards. With our society, there'll always be someone better than you. But you should think for yourself and be yourself. It's all about independent self identity and being content with yourself.

Fuck their standards. Be yourself.

+21

Look what you did Zer!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    As long as people don't put me in the spotlight, I don't give a fuck what they think about me.
    I've gotten more comfortable about it as I've gotten more age. I was really skinny when I was a kid, and I mean unhealthily skinny. You could see my ribs if I wasn't wearing a shirt. I was really picky about what I ate which pretty much caused it. I ate like a mouse. With age I got past that and I went from skinny to chubby. I had that "kid chubbiness" for a long time and it has only started to vanish in the past few years. I've only started getting compliments on my looks during these years as well and I'm still a bit causious if people are genuine about it or not. I'm still a bit chubby, but I've kinda grown to be somewhat okay with it. I have figures and my body is a bit oddly shaped as I mentioned earlier. My hips are wider than regularly and if I'd lose a lot of weight, the bones would be sort of sticking out and I don't want that.
    Meh... Maybe it still gets a bit easier with time.

Deleted
    Luckily for me, bullied in school I somehow now just give two shits about what people think of me, I'll do my thing I am doing and ignore the rest, with the exeption of my mother.

Ohh, and I just woke up because of a bad dream where I crashed a car... Did t knew I thought about that, I must be broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    As long as you feel happy with your body, there's no real reason to change (1.95m 98kg pure fat ish myself) I can do everything I want and need to do without any problem. Sure, I could go to the gym and lose 20kg, but I don't really see the reason to put in that much effort for little gain when I could invest that time in other things that are more fun/needed.
    That's the thing. I'm not happy. I would much rather not be as big as I am. My main issue is that I have no motivation to fix it. In my mind, even if I lost weight it wouldn't fix anything because I'm still gorram ugly.

From experience, the cutest guys (and even girls) are those that are judgemental of their appearance and they call themselves ugly. In most cases, you're really not.

People really shouldn't hold themselves up to another person's standards. Everyone's special in their own way.

And seriously, if you people are comfortable in your skin, why do you give a fuck about criticism?
    I'm fairly certain I'm an exemption to your experience. I unno. I guess I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Also, I mostly don't care what other people think. My issue is one that's so irrelevant and stupid that it bugs me that I even care. http://Basically, http://i0.kym-cdn....Untitled-1.jpg is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Zer, I really don't believe that you're as ugly and fat as you think you are, I think you're too hard on yourself and find flaws that no other person would ever be able to find.

It's not like being fat is a life sentence (especially your "fat" as you are not very much overweight) people can change especially physically.

Also, I love how we both thought of Jesse Cox when we thought of overweight (I looked him up again on youtube when we got on this subject).
    Eh. I dunno. I've pretty much given up hope for myself (which, admittedly is mostly the depression and self-esteem issues)

And I really only thought of him because I was watching a Q&A at the time. But I still can't think of anyone who fits that example better.

Deleted
    In every single category, there are standards. With our society, there'll always be someone better than you. But you should think for yourself and be yourself. It's all about independent self identity and being content with yourself.

Fuck their standards. Be yourself.
    I know. But it just is easy to forget it when the standards get shoved at you through every medium there is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Look what you did Zer!
    I know

I should have just stayed quiet! Or added a number then launched PS2!

-_-

10+ Year Old Account

+ 20
    Yeah, there's a reason that the only time I leave my house is when my best friend forces me to.

Something.

Deleted
    Yeah, there's a reason that the only time I leave my house is when my best friend forces me to.
    Hehe, yeah. Same here. I'm not that type of girl who spends her weekends out. Even if I'm asked to join a party or something it takes some time before I'm actually persuaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten more comfortable about it as I've gotten more age. I was really skinny when I was a kid, and I mean unhealthily skinny. You could see my ribs if I wasn't wearing a shirt. I was really picky about what I ate which pretty much caused it. I ate like a mouse. With age I got past that and I went from skinny to chubby. I had that "kid chubbiness" for a long time and it has only started to vanish in the past few years. I've only started getting compliments on my looks during these years as well and I'm still a bit causious if people are genuine about it or not. I'm still a bit chubby, but I've kinda grown to be somewhat okay with it. I have figures and my body is a bit oddly shaped as I mentioned earlier. My hips are wider than regularly and if I'd lose a lot of weight, the bones would be sort of sticking out and I don't want that.
    Meh... Maybe it still gets a bit easier with time.
    I can count every single one of my ribs just by looking. A year ago, if I doubled my weight, I wouldn't be overweight. You give me hope that I'll be normal weight when I'm older.

Good morning Joy. That sounds like a terrible dream.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 06:34 PM ----------

Hehe, yeah. Same here. I'm not that type of girl who spends her weekends out. Even if I'm asked to join a party or something it takes some time before I'm actually persuaded.
    At least you're invited to parties.

Something.

Deleted
    I can count every single one of my ribs just by looking. A year ago, if I doubled my weight, I wouldn't be overweight. You give me hope that I'll be normal weight when I'm older.

Good morning Joy. That sounds like a terrible dream.
    Ehh it wasn't that bad, I just woke up sweating

I'll try and get more sleep, cyas!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post

Okay, goodnight and good luck.

Something.

Deleted

At least you're invited to parties.
    I got some stuff in the way to see the ribs now anyway. Seriously though, I'm a bit chubby nowadays. If I did lose some weight, both my ribs and the bones on my hip ('scuse me, I'm not that good with anatomical word stuffs like bones) would be sticking out pretty nastily. So while I would like to lose some weight, I don't want to lose a lot since it'd look just weird after that.

And I mean rarely. It's basically just one of my friends and her husband (+a bunch of other guys who are there randomly) I spend some time with. I normally don't even go to anything else. Like parties put up by our school. Just not my cup of tea.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 03:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post

Hope you'll have more pleasant dreams than a car crash, Joy Joy!

I know. But it just is easy to forget it when the standards get shoved at you through every medium there is.
    Be strong!

But yeah, I was pretty much overweight growing up. A few years back, it got to me and I ended up going through a phase of bulimia. Overcame that with help, kept off the weight (my appetite slowly diminished and I don't eat as much anymore, some say not enough but I'm content with it, and I'm very picky about what I do eat) and I'm happy as can be today.

+ 22.

Night Joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, you don't sound like you're really overweight or anything, you sound like you're fine the way you are.

Well, that's still a party, except for school ones, school sponsored things, at least in Utah are always really lame, and that's saying a lot coming from me, if I say something is lame, it's probably REALLY lame.

Something.

Deleted
    Be strong!

But yeah, I was pretty much overweight growing up. A few years back, it got to me and I ended up going through a phase of bulimia. Overcame that with help, kept off the weight (my appetite slowly diminished and I don't eat as much anymore, some say not enough but I'm content with it, and I'm very picky about what I do eat) and I'm happy as can be today.
    Luckily I've never had my situation in an extreme situation like that. I'm not sure if I'd be strong enough to get through it. I'm tipping my hat for you for going through that! I'm not as picky about what I eat, but I have a lot of "issues" that affect my eating. I don't eat a lot in general. I eat healthy portions and I snack now and then, but I'm not gulping down goods like crazy. I have a lot of allergies which naturally make me a bit picky. And the allergic reaction coupled with my asthma doesn't always end up in pleasant results.

But in the end I'm happier about myself than I've been before. My boyfriend is one of the major things that have slowly started to turn my head around to see that I have no need to be as insecure as I am. But I still have work to do.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 03:51 AM ----------

Meh, you don't sound like you're really overweight or anything, you sound like you're fine the way you are.

Well, that's still a party, except for school ones, school sponsored things, at least in Utah are always really lame, and that's saying a lot coming from me, if I say something is lame, it's probably REALLY lame.
    I'm a bit overweight if you use the typical scaling, but I don't suffer from obesity or anything. It's still giving me some issues due to my low self-esteem, but I'm trying to work on it.

The parties in my town are just boozing parties and I'm not a big fan of that. I'd rather stay in with my friends, maybe have a few drinks and play some games or something. I'd pick that choice over big parties anytime.

+ 23
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-11-25 at 01:51 AM.