Deleted
    +19

Give mods -8 and a 20 minute cooldown I say.

Nevermind, i behaved like a dumbass, forgive me Worgen.

+20
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Calm down first Worgen, we're not gonna talk about the wins now, was just giving an example. i'm not against the people that doesn't post numbers, nor mods etc. it is just that when someone start blaming people for not posting numbers, or start enforcing the rules just to make people upset.........ah.....

Slacker is not a nice word you know...
    It's meant as a reminder more than anything. I don't usually insult people intentionally as I'm not a person who is ever serious of anything. Today's pvm has become more about chatting a lot and their post count and barely posting numbers till someone suddenly remembers than the numbers as well. I stopped posting as much a while ago and now when I do decide to post a number, I usually see the last one was on the previous page after plenty of posts on the current one. We almost had a full page of no numbers at all(which has probably happened somewhere where I skipped) and I've never seen that. A lot of the stuffs that are talked about nowadays don't really interest me as much also. I'm not saying that the current posters are boring, but compared to even after Jona first left, they're not as fun. It likely won't get better, but I'm still here and yet people don't care. Also, have you ever bugged Skel about him leaving? What about Rixis? What about Dragon? I don't like being called out for not posting as much when I'm still like # 7 or something in this thread and I'm ahead of plenty of others. (again with the whole post count thing. Jona and I posted loads yet most of our posts were done between the 10 minute rule rather than ignoring it entirely.)

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPyramid View Post
    +19

Give mods -8 and a 20 minute cooldown I say.
    That would be the same as they are now though :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    That would be the same as they are now though :3
    Not exactly. This would make mod strikes a bit harder, without taking the power from those mods away who post regularly over a period of time. On the other hand it encourages them to drop by for one post. Or it'll "slow down" the game for mods and they'll forget to post after 20 minutes.

I have no idea if it would have an impact on the game and if it would turn out good or bad. It's just an idea. :x

+22

Skel just quitted not sure why
    Rixis got Banned on the last post he made here.
    Dragon don't know...

Hey i'm not gonna investigate everyone's life.

The fact that Jona left doesn't mean that we all have to slow down.

+23

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 01:00 AM ----------

I don't want to talk about this anymore so goodnight Worgen and Pyr.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Skel just quitted not sure why
    Rixis got Banned on the last post he made here.
    Dragon don't know...

Hey i'm not gonna investigate everyone's life.

The fact that Jona left doesn't mean that we all have to slow down.

+23

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 01:00 AM ----------

I don't want to talk about this anymore so goodnight Worgen and Pyr.
    G'night Treann.

Skel probably left b/c of Jona leaving.
    Rixis isn't banned anymore though, right?
    Dragon...well...no idea lol

I'm not saying you have to, but I'm just wondering why you get on my case for me not posting as much when others have quit entirely after posting just as much or even somewhat).

No, and I didn't say that. I said the focus is less on numbers and more on post count than it ever was before.

And I see what you're saying somewhat Pyr, but at the same time, it wouldn't change anything unless the modstrikers get bored and leave before they can post again or something. We'd still have insufficient numbers to counter what would still be -4m(m being the number of mods) every 10 minutes on average(assuming they're posting numbers at 20 minutes on the dot) :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't post numbers all that often.

I don't post to get a higher post count.

I post to talk to the others in here. Isn't that the actual point of ANY (every) thread? I know this is technically a game, but it would get old real quick if that's what was focused on.

Just my opinion. I'm going back into lurker (mostly afk catching up on tv shows) mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I don't post numbers all that often.

I don't post to get a higher post count.

I post to talk to the others in here. Isn't that the actual point of ANY (every) thread? I know this is technically a game, but it would get old real quick if that's what was focused on.

Just my opinion. I'm going back into lurker (mostly afk catching up on tv shows) mode.
    Nono, you fail to see what I mean. Back in the day it was like post a number and chat and then chat chat chat and chat some more in between the 10 minute rule and then post a number again. Nowadays it's more like chat chat chat chat chat chat OH SHIT WE CAN POST A NUMBER chat chat chat chat chat.

Deleted
    Night Treann.

And I see what you're saying somewhat Pyr, but at the same time, it wouldn't change anything unless the modstrikers get bored and leave before they can post again or something. We'd still have insufficient numbers to counter what would still be -4m(m being the number of mods) every 10 minutes on average(assuming they're posting numbers at 20 minutes on the dot) :3
    There are those mods who stay til they win and those who think a modstrike is posting one time, so it would even buff modstrikes, if I think about it. :x

Other games have like 20 parameters and hundreds of skills, it's funny that we can't balance this simple game.^^

+24

10+ Year Old Account
    Nono, you fail to see what I mean. Back in the day it was like post a number and chat and then chat chat chat and chat some more in between the 10 minute rule and then post a number again. Nowadays it's more like chat chat chat chat chat chat OH SHIT WE CAN POST A NUMBER chat chat chat chat chat.
    Yeah I get what you're saying. I avoided the thread back then as I didn't really get the point of it. It's only because of Mafia that I ever started posting here and I did so for the chatting since non-game related chat was mostly avoided back then.

This "Nowadays it's more like chat chat chat chat chat chat OH SHIT WE CAN POST A NUMBER chat chat chat chat chat." is basically a description of me in this thread. The numbers are something I mostly ignore and I couldn't even tell you who has won more games between mods and players nor can I even guess how many games have been played in this thread.

I'm not trying to say you are wrong for thinking the way you do. You come to this thread for the reasons you do. That's fine. I was just giving my opinion on why I post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Treann.

There are those mods who stay til they win and those who think a modstrike is posting one time, so it would even buff modstrikes, if I think about it. :x

Other games have like 20 parameters and hundreds of skills, it's funny that we can't balance this simple game.^^

+24
    Well, it's balanced if mods would post, but they don't and sometimes when they do, they decide they want to win like 3 times in a row and call a modstrike. Hell, sometimes it's Elyaan that calls it and it's like YOU'RE A PLAYER >_> idc if you're a fluffy kitten, you're not modding so you're playing for us >_< Modstrikes are a recentish thing, they never used to happen, but then again, the mods were so badly balanced that they stood no chance anyways. I feel a buff to like -5 or even -6 would be good for those that do play and would encourage not doing modstrikes as they'd actually have a chance to win without needing to. Also, modstrikes seem to happen a lot when we're holding our ground in the negatives. Those are the ones I hate the most. I'd rather fight tooth and nail to defend against a -50 than see it just grabbed in 5 seconds b/c someone decided a balanced game isn't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Treann.

+24
    It's almost impossible to balance a game that is based on the participation of a random amount of players. If people had to sign up to play (No, I am not even coming close to suggesting that this would be a good idea) then you could balance it based on how active those players are.

The way this game is though you will have people like myself who will disappear for days at a time and then there will be days where I spend a number of hours here posting a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I get what you're saying. I avoided the thread back then as I didn't really get the point of it. It's only because of Mafia that I ever started posting here and I did so for the chatting since non-game related chat was mostly avoided back then.

This "Nowadays it's more like chat chat chat chat chat chat OH SHIT WE CAN POST A NUMBER chat chat chat chat chat." is basically a description of me in this thread. The numbers are something I mostly ignore and I couldn't even tell you who has won more games between mods and players nor can I even guess how many games have been played in this thread.

I'm not trying to say you are wrong for thinking the way you do. You come to this thread for the reasons you do. That's fine. I was just giving my opinion on why I post.
    I honestly don't care if you don't post a number, especially with how little you post, but if you're like Joy who has like what, 9k posts and like less than half are numbered posts and many of those numbered posts are much further than 10 minutes apart, then I'm like >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    + 25

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost impossible to balance a game that is based on the participation of a random amount of players. If people had to sign up to play (No, I am not even coming close to suggesting that this would be a good idea) then you could balance it based on how active those players are.

The way this game is though you will have people like myself who will disappear for days at a time and then there will be days where I spend a number of hours here posting a lot.
    I'm not saying it needs to be perfectly balanced all the time, but there are times where we're down at like -40 or something and holding the mods from gaining ground while we ourselves aren't gaining anything either, that's perfect, I love it, it makes the game fun and gives it a sense of DON'T LET THEM SCORE!!!! And then someone will call a modstrike and that fun is instantly gone as they win within minutes and then go on to win another game or two.

Deleted
    +26

Hi Gem. I'm fine. Hope you are, too. Dunno if you saw my last response. :x

Morning people God I hate being up so early :S
    How are you guys?

+27

10+ Year Old Account
    +26

Hi Gem. I'm fine. Hope you are, too. Dunno if you saw my last response. :x
    Eh, I'm alright I suppose. Just somewhat anxious about getting my eyes lasered.