Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's all in a vacuum anyway. they've said that a few times, mainly to cover their asses and avoid extra work, but it's like a trip back in time is how they want us to view it.

they're not above putting multiple dalarans in multiple places. we still go to outland at level 58 to stop the burning legion

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 02:15 AM ----------

based on what though, what has she done, nothing in game but like i said i don't keep up with the books really because after reading harry potter i got burned out on that whole scene for a while
    She is also the most powerful human sorceress on Azeroth. (and that's based on her current peaceful state).

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Dalaran, but part of it's beauty and allure is the fact it's open to both factions these days. I'd get to keep Dalaran as Alliance anyway, but it wouldn't feel right towards all the people Horde side that love Dalaran.

Much as Jaina seems to be poised to take over in Dala, I don't see it happening that Dala becomes Alliance again, and kicks out the Horde. They might force the Horde mages in there to stop giving support to Garrosh, because of the Mana-bomb, with some of the more zealous ones leaving then, but that's about it. We'll see though. Exciting times again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect the blood elf magisters to take this kicking-out so lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yes, sure, but they would still have to come up with a replacement for Horde characters.
    Why? Dalaran would still be in Northrend and it would still be neutral. Yes, there would be two Dalarans in the game and that's not a problem. It's simply a progression of: you go through Northrend, at the time Dalaran is neutral to you. You finish your Northrend content and move to the post-Cataclysm world and the Dalaran there is hostile to you because of things that happened after you left Northrend. When you go to Northrend you are effectively going back in time, as far as the storyline is concerned. Same thing with Burning Crusade stuff: when you go to Outland, Illidan is still alive and kicking, when you go to Sunwell, Kael'thas is still trying to summon Kil'jaeden.

Here's a current example of what I'm talking about: Nesingwary isn't getting erased from Outlands and Northrend just so he can show up in Pandaria. He's in all those places in-game, because the stories are not happening at the same time.
    Last edited by Holtzmann; 2012-07-17 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Don't expect the blood elf magisters to take this kicking-out so lightly
    Ah yes, the Sunreavers.
    Thems the ones that will make Theramore's destruction possible in the first place, yes?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Why? Dalaran would still be in Northrend and it would still be neutral. Yes, there would be two Dalarans in the game and that's not a problem. It's simply a progression of: you go through Northrend, at the time Dalaran is neutral to you. You finish your Northrend content and move to the post-Cataclysm world and the Dalaran there is hostile to you because of things that happened after you left Northrend. When you go to Northrend you are effectively going back in time, as far as the storyline is concerned. Same thing with Burning Crusade stuff: when you go to Outland, Illidan is still alive and kicking, when you go to Sunwell, Kael'thas is still trying to summon Kil'jaeden.
    Again, it wont happen. Whats the point of copy/pasting a capital city? And what use would it serve in Hillsbrad? As again just another capital? While the exact same capital is also in Northrend?

1+1=2 here folks, really. Until Blizzard ever decides to go back and redo Northrend, this whole "Double Dalaran" theory isnt gonna fly (pun intended).
    Nothing will change to Dalaran ingame untill then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post

Here's a current example of what I'm talking about: Nesingwary isn't getting erased from Outlands and Northrend just so he can show up in Pandaria. He's in all those places in-game, because the stories are not happening at the same time.
    But the point of this thread was that Dalaran will go Alliance.
    If you're saying let's have an Alliance Dalaran somewhere, and keep the old Northrend Dalaran where it is... nah.
    It works with NPCs, but not so good with a whole town. It would be a bit confusing.
    If they teleport Dalaran back they better make it disappear in Northrend. And put in a placeholder. Like those faction hubs in Crystalsong.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-07-17 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But the point of this thread was that Dalaran will go Alliance.
    If it does lorewise, so be it. But those changes will not be shown ingame, until they ever redo Northrend as i mentioned before.
    Blizzard would not just drop a complete copy of an already existing capital just for the book's sake.

Not to mention the issues this would give, for example mechanic wise. What would the map tell you where you are when you are in this copied Dalaran? Dalaran? New Dalaran (makes no sense for the Alliance to dub it that). Not to mention the confusion to players.
    Last edited by mmocf06effc4be; 2012-07-17 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Again, it wont happen. Whats the point of copy/pasting a capital city? And what use would it serve in Hillsbrad? As again just another capital? While the exact same capital is also in Northrend?

1+1=2 here folks, really. Until Blizzard ever decides to go back and redo Northrend, this whole "Double Dalaran" theory isnt gonna fly (pun intended).
    Nothing will change to Dalaran ingame untill then.

Urm.. they've kind of already done this. you can go to Wrymrest temple in northrend where its still being attacked by blue dragons. And yet in dragonsoul, the temple is destroyed, the orb shattered, and old gods corrupt the land around it.

They will leave wrath content as it is, saying 'they happened in the past and doesn't need to be changed (despite them changing all vanilla content around), and then there make another dalaran probably floating over hillsbrad or pandaria or whatever, and have it move to floating over durotar in a raid instance for the attack on orgrimmar.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    If it does lorewise, so be it. But those changes will not be shown ingame, until they ever redo Northrend as i mentioned before.
    Blizzard would not just drop a complete copy of an already existing capital just for the book's sake.
    Exactly my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Urm.. they've kind of already done this. you can go to Wrymrest temple in northrend where its still being attacked by blue dragons. And yet in dragonsoul, the temple is destroyed, the orb shattered, and old gods corrupt the land around it.

They will leave wrath content as it is, saying 'they happened in the past and doesn't need to be changed (despite them changing all vanilla content around), and then there make another dalaran probably floating over hillsbrad or pandaria or whatever, and have it move to floating over durotar in a raid instance for the attack on orgrimmar.
    That is a raid though. Changes to towns work better when they are permanent. See Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Theramore.
    Dalaran might work, since it can be teleported, but it's still a bit meh.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-07-17 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Thats why the Wyrmrest Temple in Dragon Soul is INSTANCED. Because of this, it cannot create any confusion to any players. Not to mention it doesnt serve any other purpose while inside Dragon Soul.

I think Dalaran will likely become the "mobile" platform base-camp for the Alliance during the Siege of Orgimmar.

Copying this from my post in another similar thread.

We know that the Sunreavers are involved with the mana bomb that destroys Theramore. Somehow Kalecgos and the blue fight is involved, and it's entirely possible that the Sunreavers are the ones that stole the focusing iris. It would make sense that Jaina takes it back with Kalec, and the Sunreavers get angry about this.

Something apparently happens to Rhonin. Maybe he'll go crazy, maybe blizz has another role for him, maybe he'll die, but it's entirely possible that the Sunreavers may be scheming against him, perhaps to gain control of the Kirin Tor for Garrosh, or on their own ambitions.

Now more than likely this isn't going to happen, but I could see that Kirin Tor removing the Sunreavers from their ranks over these shenanigans and returning to the Alliance. Keep in mind, the Horde also kill and raise several Dalaran mages in Silvermpine which I could see really making the Kirin Tor mad.

"But Florena, Dalaran is still a neutral city!" You might say. Yes, it is. And at TOC, Thrall is still the Warchief. Rhonin is still in Dalaran leading it. Garrosh can still be seen in Garadar. Kael'thas is still in Tempest Keep even after his appearance in Magister's Terrace, when you travel to Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight there are no signs of the events of Dragon Soul. Blue dragons bombard it instead of black and twilight. Nalice is even still there despite many rogues having assassinated her. The Kirin Tor could become Alliance only without affecting past content. And just like the Pandaren cannot speak cross faction because blizzard admits that in certain cases game mechanics trump lore, the same could be said for the Dalaran portal in the Shrine if the Kirin Tor DID go Alliance. Blizzard does not have a track record for going through and adjusting old content to fit current lore.

That said I freely admit I could be entirely off. But keep in mind that Dalaran in Northrend is set in the past, during Wrath of the Lich King. I'm not saying this is necessarily what blizzard is doing, but it IS possible. There was once a time I never thought they'd spend time redoing the old world or replace racial leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why the Wyrmrest Temple in Dragon Soul is INSTANCED. Because of this, it cannot create any confusion to any players. Not to mention it doesnt serve any other purpose while inside Dragon Soul.
    The purpose it serves in the progression of the story, by lore, wrymrest accord is disbanded and the temple ruined/corrupted, including all the dragon shrines inside the temple.
    Dalaran now is meant to be moved on from the northrend campaign, and yet if they did that it would mean having to completely revamp northrend to accommodate for dalaran no longer being neutral. They can't just do that given dala is a central hub for lv 80s, so they will likely leave dala in northrend, say its not canon now in the timeline or related to the current story, just ignore it, and believe that dalaran is no longer good with the horde.

also the fact there are so many achievements and even a dungeon linked to dalaran, making the lv80 wrath dalaran suddenly hostile to horde players because of the current story in mists of pandaria would mess up the gameplay for those leveling though more then you can guess.

I personally say this progression of the story is bs, since the horde helped save dalaran's ass along with the alliance against the blue dragonflight, and yet because of Jaina none of that matters.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-07-17 at 01:14 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't gonna happen. Dalaran will stay neutral. Allaince are gonna cry about Jaina being one more Alli figure "going" neutral, nevermind the fact that she's been neutral pretty much since go. Gameplay demands like for like, so what happens to the Horde if they do make Dalaran Alliance?

Personally, if this does happen, I hope they run the Aldors and all the rest of the Alliance out of Shattrath. I always liked it better anyway. That would be a twist, have the actions of Garrosh and Jaina finally instigate action on the part of the Naaru, who unexpectedly back the Belves. I always thought the belf story of overcoming demonic influence fit more in line with the Naaru than the Draenei "let's run away from it and destroy innocent worlds in the process" strategy anyway.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Until Blizzard get sidetracked and the story of the war gets put on hold for like the millionth time
    Wrathion questline indicates it already.
    Yeah, I would like Jaina as an Alliance character, too many have goon neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I want you to imagine Jaina piloting Dalaran to land straight ontop of Garrosh's throneroom. With -and this is important- the 'truck backing up' beeping sound.
    Hahahaha, that had me laughing much harder then is appropriate. Nah, the beeping sound would just warn him of what's coming. Although, with Garrosh's intellect you never know if he would figure it out in time before it crushed the roof of Grommash. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    That big hole in the side of Stormwind would be the right size for Dalaran to fill up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    That big hole in the side of Stormwind would be the right size for Dalaran to fill up.
    Wow that was brilliant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's all in a vacuum anyway. they've said that a few times, mainly to cover their asses and avoid extra work, but it's like a trip back in time is how they want us to view it.

they're not above putting multiple dalarans in multiple places. we still go to outland at level 58 to stop the burning legion

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 02:15 AM ----------

based on what though, what has she done, nothing in game but like i said i don't keep up with the books really because after reading harry potter i got burned out on that whole scene for a while
    in one of the first warcraft 3 missions Arthas tells the "captain" that she is one of the most powerful mages in the world/dalaran