Page 1 of 45
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alliance Dalaran

Dave Kosak's tweet :

""Jaina's response to Theramore will be explored in Christie Golden's upcoming novel, and later in the Mists patch cycle. Neutral? Pah! ""

Dalaran will no longer be a neutral city given its leader won't be neutral either. Jaina will remain an Alliance character, she will remain committed to the war, and Dalaran will be Theramore's replacement for sure.
    Last edited by elbleuet; 2012-07-17 at 05:48 AM.

I could actually see something like this happening. She gets uber pissed about theramore, travels to Dalaran, and literally uses her insane amount of magical power to throw the horde off of the flying city, thereby killing thousands and really lighting the fire of the renewed war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that would be cool for sure, I can't wait for the book, but the Question is will Dalaran still be in Northrend or back Hillsbrad Foothills. (Lordaeron)
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-07-17 at 12:44 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

((SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS))

It's been found in voice files that she is made the new leader of the Kirin Tor so this is actually a pretty safe bet. If she's the leader of the Kirin Tor and she's not neutral then she's not going to allow the Horde in her new city.
    Last edited by Brendanb; 2012-07-17 at 06:00 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well that would be cool for sure, I can't wait for the book, but the Question is will Dalaran still be in Northrend or back in Arathai Highlands (Lordaeron)
    maybe she'll fly it into garroshs throne room!! lol wouldnt that be a sight.

As far as placement of Dalaran, I would love to see her turn it into her version of the S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ; just a gigantic flying warship....

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Dave Kosak's tweet :

""Jaina's response to Theramore will be explored in Christie Golden's upcoming novel, and later in the Mists patch cycle. Neutral? Pah! ""

Dalaran will no longer be a neutral city given its leader won't be neutral either. Jaina will remain an Alliance character, she will remain committed to the war, and Dalaran will be Theramore's replacement for sure.

1. Dalaran is NOT lead in any way, shape or form by Jaina. Rhonin has lead since the reconstruction of Dalaran.

2. Dave's tweet was verifying what we already know about the novel. Shit goes down. Jaina is angered to the point where she gives up on the peace she strove for.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well that would be cool for sure, I can't wait for the book, but the Question is will Dalaran still be in Northrend or back in Arathai Highlands (Lordaeron)
    If it's not going to be in both places at once, (Which, it very well could be considering different timelines) then it will most assuredly be back in Hillsbrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosepie12 View Post
    1. Dalaran is NOT lead in any way, shape or form by Jaina. Rhonin has lead since the reconstruction of Dalaran.

2. Dave's tweet was verifying what we already know about the novel. Shit goes down. Jaina is angered to the point where she gives up on the peace she strove for.
    VF says he's gone or will be soon
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

((SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAD79...ature=youtu.be

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a bit ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendanb View Post
    If it's not going to be in both places at once, (Which, it very well could be considering different timelines) then it will most assuredly be back in Hillsbrad.
    Nothing stops from rebuilding Old Dalaran near Alterac Mountains, and have two similar cities.

If Northrend's Dalaran would be moved, Northrend would become most hated zone due to complete lack of coherence with WoW's transportation system (in example, Icecrown would become Bloodmyst Isle #2), which in itself is already not so coherent.

Deleted
    Whatever happens, its pretty damn obvious that the Dalaran in Northrend really isnt goin anywere, and neither is the Horde in said Dalaran.
    Doing so would force blizzard to create a new portal hub for the Horde, recreate/relocate the dailies for the Horde, make many changes to Horde/Neutral quests involving Dalaran, etc etc.

The Human Kingdoms are coming back in power! After Dalaran it will be Kul'Trias and Stromgarde. Then Gilneas. Then straight to Lordaeron! Glory to the Alliance!
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

If this is all true I wonder if there will be 2 Dalarans.
    Like a present day Dalaran in Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor.

Since going to Outlands and Northrend may still be "Back in Time", before the Theramore Incident.

is she even powerful? what has she done, i don't read the books but i mostly here about what she DOESN'T do which is "get involved in anything".

For the same reasons you still do quests to kill the LK in the Wrath content you will not get locked out of Dalaran as a horde player.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    is she even powerful? what has she done, i don't read the books but i mostly here about what she DOESN'T do which is "get involved in anything".
    One of the strongest mages in the world.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Nothing stops from rebuilding Old Dalaran near Alterac Mountains, and have two similar cities.

If Northrend's Dalaran would be moved, Northrend would become most hated zone due to complete lack of coherence with WoW's transportation system (in example, Icecrown would become Bloodmyst Isle #2), which in itself is already not so coherent.
    it's all in a vacuum anyway. they've said that a few times, mainly to cover their asses and avoid extra work, but it's like a trip back in time is how they want us to view it.

they're not above putting multiple dalarans in multiple places. we still go to outland at level 58 to stop the burning legion

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    One of the strongest mages in the world.
    based on what though, what has she done, nothing in game but like i said i don't keep up with the books really because after reading harry potter i got burned out on that whole scene for a while

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=120146

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=53142

The plot thickens. There's a new Dalaran portal spell added in Mists of Pandaria.

I'm banking on there being two Dalarans. The one in Crystalsong (In the Wrath timeline) and the one in Hillsbrad in the current timeline.

Blizzard wouldn't take away the capital city of an expansion.