Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    "I'd rather not be forced to read a book to get a story from a game...
    Totally agree, that's why we pushed to get Theramore in-game as a playable event. But to get really inside a character's head - emotions, motivations, love story - well, that's good territory for novels to explore!"

Inb4 she's a trophy wife to Varian.
    Seems like she's going to be Kalecgos' waifu, Clark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    And give birth to a Dragonborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I think the quest designer for those Silverpine quests was rumoured to have not known or forgotten that Dalaran became neutral. Must've been a new kid.
    That's what I hear, though really, I'm surprised that kind of thing didn't get caught in the planning stages or testing.

It also doesn't explain Nethergarde Keep.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    That actually makes sense and I'm surprised that I never thought of that o.o Also if Dalaran becomes alliance only... its time to faction change... again... I need my flying piece of play time farm rock :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    That's what I hear, though really, I'm surprised that kind of thing didn't get caught in the planning stages or testing.

It also doesn't explain Nethergarde Keep.
    As far as I know, Nethergarde Keep was built during the Second War for the sole purpose of guarding the Dark Portal, not to attack the Horde (well, the present incarnation of the Horde anyway). Dalaran was part of the Alliance in that time, but the keep is necessary to guard the portal and justify a collaboration with the Alliance. Since the keep is not there to mount an attack against the Horde, Dalaran does not break its neutrality. Of course, if the Horde attacks Nethergarde, its inhabitants will defend it. Which is what happens in Blasted Lands. It's how I explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Whatever happens, its pretty damn obvious that the Dalaran in Northrend really isnt goin anywere, and neither is the Horde in said Dalaran.
    Doing so would force blizzard to create a new portal hub for the Horde, recreate/relocate the dailies for the Horde, make many changes to Horde/Neutral quests involving Dalaran, etc etc.
    I agree completely. There is NO way they would uproot Dalaran from being a neutral and CENTRAL part of NR just so Jaina can be in charge. So much work would go into a massive change like that.

More than likely, there will be a 2nd city. Maybe not called Dalaran but possibly in the same place it USED to be. Maybe New Dalaran?

EDIT: This is complete speculation (and I haven't gone through all the posts so excuse the repost if it's been said) but if Rhonin does die for some reason, then maybe they will call the new city Rhonin instead of New Dalaran. Just a thought....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They'll probably rename the crater to New Dalaran or something.
    Why in gods name would they put it back in hillsbrad. the place is surrounded by the Forsaken legion.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dangelo37 View Post
    This is complete speculation (and I haven't gone through all the posts so excuse the repost if it's been said) but if Rhonin does die for some reason, then maybe they will call the new city Rhonin instead of New Dalaran. Just a thought....
    I was about to shout "NO WAY!!" then I remembered they killed off Korialstrasz... How dare they! ;_; I support a political take over more as in perhaps Vereesa and the Silver Covenant working with Jaina, thought that would be a bit backstabbing considering she's married with Rhonin and they have twins which most likely won't be made into teenage super heroes in a future expansion. Hopefully.

Imagine that the flying city of Dalaran became full-Alliance.
    Now imagine that in the dark places of the Undercity the Forsaken have been building a necropolis.
    Now imagine Dalaran and the Necropolis going at war with each other in an epic air fight

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Now imagine that in the dark places of the Undercity the Forsaken have been building a necropolis.
    Now imagine Dalaran and the Necropolis going at war with each other in an epic air fight
    this. if horde is gonna lose the only city in northrend, then a necropolis would be good

Don't get your hopes up, Blizzard won't remove Dalaran from Northend, if they decide to bring Dalaran back there will two, one in Northend for both factions, and one in Hillsbrad for the Alliance.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    That would be very cool, but not really a route I see them go down. Then again the daily bombing runs would be awesome if Blizzard added this as the background sound. :P Then I could show them how I earned the title "Top Orc".

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Jaina spent all her youth and adult life (before the Third War) on Dalaran, as Antonidas' protegee. Kul Tiras is just her birth nation.

Anyway, the only assumption I dare to make is the Sunreavers will not escape this event, being some rogue agents or the entire organization. You can't have Jaina as leader of Kirin Tor with the Sunreavers on Dalaran.
    jaina isnt just going to take control of dalaran, dalaran is ruled over by a council. then again blizz doesnt care much for lore lately...
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

I don't really know how the quote relates to Dalaran at all but...

It would be great for the Alliance to have the old Dalaran location back, especially after the destruction of Southshore.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    jaina isnt just going to take control of dalaran, dalaran is ruled over by a council. then again blizz doesnt care much for lore lately...
    Jaina enters, kicks out Aethas Sunreaver who gives the Horde sanctuary in Dalaran and problem solved?

Rhonin is considered to be the leader of the Kirin Tor and I guess the "chairman" of the council, where we have Aethas, Modera as actual members of the six.

I don't know the fate of Ansirem and if he's still hostile to horde players after the changes back at the crater. Drenden I have no idea about anymore and if we should count Krasus/Korielstrasz as a member anymore idk. He hangs around Wyrmrest and died in the novels. So yeah.

I havent read the book and prolly wont but why would jaina kick out the sunreavers from dalaran thus kicking out the horde

Im not sure what information they got out of that horde spy in theramore but if i was aethas sunreaver i would just plead the fifth and say "dont blame me i didnt do it" and just deny everything sure she could have her suspicions but she wont the balls to throw them out of the kirin tor

Tbh i cant see them relocating dalaran any time soon if they was gonna they wouldve done it now in beta the time they bother to do anything with dalaran garrosh will be dead and her BFF will be back in charge of the horde and everything will be rosy again

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I havent read the book and prolly wont but why would jaina kick out the sunreavers from dalaran thus kicking out the horde

Im not sure what information they got out of that horde spy in theramore but if i was aethas sunreaver i would just plead the fifth and say "dont blame me i didnt do it" and just deny everything sure she could have her suspicions but she wont the balls to throw them out of the kirin tor

Tbh i cant see them relocating dalaran any time soon if they was gonna they wouldve done it now in beta the time they bother to do anything with dalaran garrosh will be dead and her BFF will be back in charge of the horde and everything will be rosy again
    depends on the book your talking about :P It's not about blaming him for what happened, but for supporting the faction that did it. Creating a public distrust to the faction said person is harboring in Dalaran. A city take over is quite easily manipulated when using fear to get the population on your side.

Just to sum it up:
    Garrosh invaded Theramore (its k)
    Jaina is mad
    Jaina is not set on killing Garrosh (not wiping out the orc race or anything in that line of direction, just the overly zealous ones).
    She knows she have powerful influence within the Kirin Tor and the mage society
    Aethas Sunreaver allows the horde to stay, as in he's favoriting the horde. He doesn't have to do anything wrong, but the people he stands for have been doing some crazy stuff lately and the Garrosh hate vibe can be found within the game. It's like Garrosh is doing a wave with no intention of stopping. As in the movie "The Wave".

Most of this is speculations and will continue to be speculations until the event will be "released" or playable. Or just read the next book :P

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    depends on the book your talking about :P It's not about blaming him for what happened, but for supporting the faction that did it. Creating a public distrust to the faction said person is harboring in Dalaran. A city take over is quite easily manipulated when using fear to get the population on your side.

Just to sum it up:
    Garrosh invaded Theramore (its k)
    Jaina is mad
    Jaina is not set on killing Garrosh (not wiping out the orc race or anything in that line of direction, just the overly zealous ones).
    She knows she have powerful influence within the Kirin Tor and the mage society
    Aethas Sunreaver allows the horde to stay, as in he's favoriting the horde. He doesn't have to do anything wrong, but the people he stands for have been doing some crazy stuff lately and the Garrosh hate vibe can be found within the game. It's like Garrosh is doing a wave with no intention of stopping. As in the movie "The Wave".

Most of this is speculations and will continue to be speculations until the event will be "released" or playable. Or just read the next book :P
    I really doubt jaina will risk a civil war in the kirin tor (hey that rhymes lol) by kicking out the sunreavers and alienating alot of kirin tor members that are belfs just cause they support the horde

Really sounds to me that shes pissed but will get over it

Regarding her being rhonin successor what does that mean exactly does that mean she already is the successor or just next in line when rhonin either retires or meets his maker which could be years away

And for all this "We haven't seen it in beta yet so it's not going to happen" - Well, it probably won't be at launch, but they will do something with it in the future content. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Successor =/= new ruler.

Kirin Tor; the ruling/advising counsel of Dalaran, are simply appointing the next in-line should something happen to Rhonin. Not that I would be sorrow stricken if something were to happen to him. Beside that, they're not going to take Dalaran away, there's a quest or two tied there that wouldn't make sense having else where.
    True, but Rhonin is the foremost leader in the Kirin Tor now so being his successor does kind of suggest Jaina would lead it. Sure, it seems odd that Jaina, who is NOT part of the Kirin Tor, would be chosen to lead it. But then Rhonin wasn't one of the six either before he was. As I recall Night of the Dragon basically said they asked him to lead them because he was good at thinking outside the box or something.