Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bleep it... Can we give both factions what they want already? Bring life back into the world....
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    how you know she wont?

where was that said?

in the new audio she joins Dalaran... Even back during CAT's hype Developers slipped and stated she and Thrall were somehow joining the Council of the Guardian, which sounds Neutral to me.. just saying..
    It was said in some dev interview where someone asked about what would happen to Jaina with the whole Theramore thing. Only had to go back a page to find someone quoting it,
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    "Jaina's response to Theramore will be explored in Christie Golden's upcoming novel, and later in the Mists patch cycle. Neutral? Pah!"-Dave Kosak
    and some quick googling leads to https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status...72812030742528 where he actually said it.

Sigh. I think it's pretty clear from audio files that Jaina wanted to use focusing Iris to destroy Orgimmar. Calec reasoned her and she gave up. That's why Kirin Tor choose her as successor. Jaina isn't neutral, never was - Varian is her king and Garrosh is her enemy, at least for now. But Kirin Tor has much more important duty - to guard magic realm. To think that Dalaran wil risk civil war for this Varian brute bidding - that's preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Oh okay, so a huge ass city with 3 inns, two banks. Ya that's a load of crap

theramore = stonard

especially when stormwind got -all- of their textures redone and the city looks beautiful... I am so tired of looking at dated lame ass red rocks.
    Theramore = Stonard?
    Isnt Southshore, pyrewood, ambermill, hillsbrad fields, dun garok, gilneas, bael modan, village in stonetalon, whole ashenvale devastaded by horde = Stonard, Taurajo?

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Sigh. I think it's pretty clear from audio files that Jaina wanted to use focusing Iris to destroy Orgimmar. Calec reasoned her and she gave up. That's why Kirin Tor choose her as successor. Jaina isn't neutral, never was - Varian is her king and Garrosh is her enemy, at least for now. But Kirin Tor has much more important duty - to guard magic realm. To think that Dalaran wil risk civil war for this Varian brute bidding - that's preposterous.
    They were involved in the war before Jaina even got the title. The Horde made enemies of the Kirin Tor when they stole the Focusing Iris from them.

There's no logical reason for them to remain neutral after that. But neutral factions have overlooked the Horde's actions even though it didn't make sense before (Cenarians not caring about the Horde razing Ashenvale, Sylvanas kidnapping a member of the KotEB, etc.) so it's more a question of whether or not Blizz will actually have the balls to make the Kirin Tor an Alliance-only faction or if gameplay will dictate they stay neutral even though lore says they shouldn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Oh okay, so a huge ass city with 3 inns, two banks. Ya that's a load of crap

theramore = stonard

especially when stormwind got -all- of their textures redone and the city looks beautiful... I am so tired of looking at dated lame ass red rocks.
    So now you're comparing the NIGHT ELF capital with the goblin town? Ok, Then Darnassus = Orgrimmar+Bilgewater Harbour by your logic since the goblins stay in Orgrimmar as the worgen stay in Darnassus.

And lol, you're comparing the fully remade but not damaged orgrimmar to the fully remade but with some large holes sw? You don't like Org? Good, Stay in Undercity. Stay in TB, stay in SM. It doesn't change that Org is a majestic town, and SW is a town with holes in it. And they're both the "de facto" capitals of their alliances.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Theramore = Stonard?
    Isnt Southshore, pyrewood, ambermill, hillsbrad fields, dun garok, gilneas, bael modan, village in stonetalon, whole ashenvale devastaded by horde = Stonard, Taurajo?
    Pyrewood was never Alliance, neither was AMbermill.
    People seem to either ignore or just dont know that the reason why Hillsbrad was made into a Horde zone was to fix (to a degree) the PRE-EXISTING Horde/Alliance zone imbalance.

Either way. These constant "faction favoritism" debates are all petty anyways.
    Its like me QQing that the Blackhorn fight takes place on an Alliance gunship, if I did, people should look at me if i was retarded and petty

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    . It doesn't change that Org is a majestic town, and SW is a town with holes in it. .
    Org is a shit-hole and Stormwind is a city of awsomeness that poops out awsomness - I can twist words to suit my views too.

Plus that is an opinion not fact.
    Personally I love the new Horde buildings, but I know others that hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theramore is absolutely more important than Stonard, both in lore and in-game. If nothing else (in-game), it's the Alliance's point of travel to eastern Kalimdor. I'm not sure what would be done to replace it except perhaps to make Alliance go to Ratchet, and making Alliance take boats that send them squarely into Northern Barrens - Horde territory - after what happens to Theramore seems a little extreme.

I am going to toss in my own speculation here, based on the post-event map: Theramore will not be completely destroyed and will continue to be a quest hub. The boat from Menethil Harbor to Theramore will still run. My reasoning? On the map, the docks and a flight path are still there.

Deleted
    Yay, murder

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Pyrewood was never Alliance, neither was AMbermill.
    They were friendly to Alliance and hostile to Horde but they werent Alliance.. Makes sense. Anyway you have wowwiki or wowpedia before you write some ''facts''

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    They were friendly to Alliance and hostile to Horde but they werent Alliance.. Makes sense. Anyway you have wowwiki or wowpedia before you write some ''facts''
    must be why you had questing there... oh wait you didnt

They were in Forsaken territory, wtf do you think was gonna happen to them.
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-08-06 at 12:40 PM.

While the audio on the front page isn't final, like Boub stated in the vid itself - if it is sort of an indication of her final verdict, I think Blizzard might have backpedalled on their initial idea which was Jaina going alliance and hostile against the horde. Or at least the last half of the audio leads me to believe that.

If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me if it was partially due to the whine-age about being hostile not fitting Jaina and that it's lorelol and idiotic to make her hostile.

Myeah..

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    lol, that place is so insignificant I didn't even remember it until you brought it up. You can't seriously compare that to Dalaran, please. The whole city is magnificent, full with unique NPC's, lore, vendors with unique gear plus unique achievements. It has an AH and portals. Bilgewater Harbor has a few trainers and quest NPC's so you can get to Twilight Highlands. The whole place was designed for the Horde questline to get to Dragonmaw Port. That's it. But I think Blizzard will see this and won't be stupid enough to give you another city and give us nothing.

If they gave you Dalaran and ever updated Northrend, I'd have a problem. If you don't mess with my Dalaran, do as you please. I'm a proud mage who loves the Kirin Tor, I love my city.

"Give us nothing"?

I play both Alliance and Horde but the entirety of Cataclysm was filled with "giving" your "us" something and the alliance's "us' nothing, nothing but losses - unless you, like the mass of screaming horde fans count Taurajo as an atrocity of war and more than a compensation for all the losses of the alliance.

If you don't mind, I don't think Blizzard owes your "us" anything at all, even if I'm sure that they'll get the horde something out of it while it's the alliance who loses a NEAR capital city.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    While the audio on the front page isn't final, like Boub stated in the vid itself - if it is sort of an indication of her final verdict, I think Blizzard might have backpedalled on their initial idea which was Jaina going alliance and hostile against the horde. Or at least the last half of the audio leads me to believe that.

If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me if it was partially due to the whine-age about being hostile not fitting Jaina and that it's lorelol and idiotic to make her hostile.

Myeah..
    The audio file indicates nothing of the sort. All that we know is that she was going to do something that Kalecgos prevented. That does not mean she will be neutral. Only that she will be less extreme in the way she will fight the Horde.

And I'm sick of reading that Jaina was neutral with the Horde and that she suddenly "turns" Alliance. Jaina always was a staunch supporter of the Alliance. Just because she advocated peace with the Horde does not mean she was less loyal to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    They were involved in the war before Jaina even got the title. The Horde made enemies of the Kirin Tor when they stole the Focusing Iris from them.

There's no logical reason for them to remain neutral after that. But neutral factions have overlooked the Horde's actions even though it didn't make sense before (Cenarians not caring about the Horde razing Ashenvale, Sylvanas kidnapping a member of the KotEB, etc.) so it's more a question of whether or not Blizz will actually have the balls to make the Kirin Tor an Alliance-only faction or if gameplay will dictate they stay neutral even though lore says they shouldn't.
    I'm sorry, when does the stole Focusing Iris? From Blue Dragonflight? You think of Eye of Dalaran probably, and that was Second War. Old Story.

And logical reason is easy, frankly. If you stop and think. It will lead to civil war.

First of all, there are horde members among archmages and in the Council of Six.

Then, a lot of mages had long relationship with dragonflights, some of them to the point of dragonsworn. They simply don't think of themselves as Alliance, they don't care of this petty war. They think of a far more noble destiny.

And third, Kirin Tor cares the most about studying magic. No one will dare to attack Dalaran now. So Kirin Tor are free to learn magic. With the help of Blue Dragonflight. Inside the Nexus.

Why would they want to join war effort on the other side of the planet, again?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, when does the stole Focusing Iris? From Blue Dragonflight? You think of Eye of Dalaran probably, and that was Second War. Old Story.
    Read up some on the Fall of Theramore event, and listen to the speech files that have been posted on the front page - how Garrosh GOT it hasn't been addressed in any detail as yet (I suspect that will be in the novel), but yes... the Horde has the Focusing Iris, and they use it as a weapon against Theramore. So no, he's not talking about the Eye of Dalaran at all.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    And I'm sick of reading that Jaina was neutral with the Horde and that she suddenly "turns" Alliance. Jaina always was a staunch supporter of the Alliance. Just because she advocated peace with the Horde does not mean she was less loyal to the Alliance.
    You got that right.

Even Jaina being a supporter of peace meant that she is "neutral"
    Then half the Horde cast is also neutral. So suck on that QQers

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Read up some on the Fall of Theramore event, and listen to the speech files that have been posted on the front page - how Garrosh GOT it hasn't been addressed in any detail as yet (I suspect that will be in the novel), but yes... the Horde has the Focusing Iris, and they use it as a weapon against Theramore. So no, he's not talking about the Eye of Dalaran at all.
    Exactly, we don't know IF horde actually got Iris, and if they actually did, how.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    You got that right.

Even Jaina being a supporter of peace meant that she is "neutral"
    Then half the Horde cast is also neutral. So suck on that QQers

Agreed. Thrall is a supporter of peace and as Earthen Ring member he is technically neutral. Doesn't mean that his is not loyal to the Horde.

We know the Iris was in the Kirin Tor's possession after Dragon Soul. We know it was stolen, and that a Sunreaver was apparently involved, and we know it's used by the Horde to destroy Theramore before it's recovered by the Alliance.

We may not know every little detail of what happens, but we have enough of an outline to know that the Kirin Tor should be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    We know the Iris was in the Kirin Tor's possession after Dragon Soul. We know it was stolen, and that a Sunreaver was apparently involved, and we know it's used by the Horde to destroy Theramore before it's recovered by the Alliance.

We may not know every little detail of what happens, but we have enough of an outline to know that the Kirin Tor should be upset.
    We know that Horde tried to use Iris to destroy Theramore and had it briefly in possession after attack. Show me exact quote that it was stolen before attack.

To me sabotage scenario makes more sense, than outright stealing. It's risky, takes a lot more effort and time, and brings unwanted attention of dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know that Horde tried to use Iris to destroy Theramore and had it briefly in possession after attack. Show me exact quote that it was stolen before attack.

To me sabotage scenario makes more sense, than outright stealing. It's risky, takes a lot more effort and time, and brings unwanted attention of dragons.
    How 'bout we read the actual from-the-publisher summary of the book:
    http://www.fictiondb.com/author/chri...r~310857~b.htm

Dark news arrives in Jaina’s beloved city, Theramore. One of the blue dragonflight’s most powerful artifacts -- the Focusing Iris -- has been stolen. To unravel the item’s mysterious whereabouts, Jaina works with the former blue Dragon Aspect Kalecgos. The two brilliant heroes forge an unlikely bond during their investigation, but another disastrous turn of events looms on the horizon. . . .

I even bolded the pertinent part for you.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.