Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are dumb, sad as it is their stupidity is the cause of their death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Yea, the average, so if a 100 year old man dies of a heart attack, you need a 30 year old to bring that average down. So it's not unfeasible that an 18 year old can have a heart attack.
    My post was in a response to a post about how millions of people play games, millions of people die from heart attacks, so since a guy died from one while playing a game, that's the only reason this is news worthy.

I think the most newsworthy thing from it is the fact that it seems like more gamers die from heart attacks at a young age, and from the population, I doubt it's any where near millions for the one's having heartattacks being around the ages of 20.

I get addicted to a lot of things. I became addicted to video editing recently.
    I was addicted to WoW during all of TBC and mid-to-late WotLK.
    I am still addicted to counter-strike.

But I will never understand how people can play a video game any more than an hour without moving. Even when it's summer, I'm unemployed and have 0 responsibility around the house, I have to get up every hour and socialize/walk/stretch/etc. I used to get up every hour to two hours and play with my dog, talk to my family, maybe get some water/snack on some food, but I don't return to the computer for 5-10 minutes at the very least. Sometimes a lot longer.

How do you people do it? D:

edit: Hell, how do the people who die in the original post even manage to stay more than 10 hours is unfathomable to me. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post

But I will never understand how people can play a video game any more than an hour without moving. Even when it's summer, I'm unemployed and have 0 responsibility around the house, I have to get up every hour and socialize/walk/stretch/etc. I used to get up every hour to two hours and play with my dog, talk to my family, maybe get some water/snack on some food, but I don't return to the computer for 5-10 minutes at the very least. Sometimes a lot longer.

I know a guy who plays WoW from 4pm until like 8am at night, every single day with two or three other people who do the same thing. literally eats at the computer, never leaves the chair, yeah, people like that exist and they are not hard to find. they can do it because it`s a life to them.

OT: regardless of if sitting there for 2 days constantly while playing a game was the ONLY reason, and not some other thing, truth is something like that can effect your health, especially if it wasn`t the first time, and especially if you have a medical condition you aren`t aware of. although, i can`t sympathize with stupidity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    I agree.

I mean I see how people can be like "Oh hey, private room, I can basically charge hotels rates", but there should be some kind of basic human interest tied too it. I mean if say a group of friends rented a room for a gaming party, it's prolly safe to say they'll remember to eat and so on, but when you have one guy, paying some money for a room to himself, for that long of a time, just to play a game... something might be wrong with that guy.

Like I said in an earlier post, addiction can be a crazy thing, and it's guys like this those cafe's need to watch out for. I'm sure people dying in their places is bad for business..
    No to the guy you quoted, and no to you.

The companies do NOT need to be held personally responsible for how someone abuses their product or service. Its the guys fault and no one elses, don't try to turn this isn't a lame blame game by saying someone shoulda done something. The guy was playing video games, not swallowing swords.

Also, you clearly haven't spent much time in Asia. This will not cause the business any problems at all. If anything it will attract more business by proving they actually respect your privacy in a private room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    Its ironic to see the other victims, a list full of asians only. i have yet to see a western person dying because of their own idiocy
    Apparently you have never watched the news..........EVER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post

edit: Hell, how do the people who die in the original post even manage to stay more than 10 hours is unfathomable to me. @_@

You keep using this word, 'addicted'.

It does not mean what I think you think it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Apparently you have never watched the news..........EVER
    Guess i never watched the news with that being aired.

There is a reason game boxes come with a warning saying something along the lines of "don't play for extended amounts of time."

Those crazy Easterners, they take hardcore gaming to a whole new level!
    Personally, I think that people should just take better care of themselves and not be stupid about how long they are playing. =/
    I know, myself, if I have one of those days where all I want to do is game and I play for up to ten hours a day, I'll take at least six breaks or so to grab some food, or go for a quick walk or something. I at least take care of myself when I play video games for a long period of time!
    My Armory Page - My YouTube Page - Tumblr

<Stage Clear> US-Kil'Jaeden - World: 426 - US: 91 - Realm: 2

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else have no sympathy for these losers that collapse and die after playing too much video games?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Its ironic to see the other victims, a list full of asians only. i have yet to see a western person dying because of their own idiocy
    really i can think of enough western people dying cause of their own idiocy, although none come too mind when its dead by too much gaming though.

If you're going to keel over due to a video game, at least make it a good one.

What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Taiwanese player collapses after 40 hours in front of Blizzard's online action role-playing game, pronounced dead at hospital.
    A Taiwanese man collapsed and died over the weekend after playing Blizzard's Diablo III for 40 straight hours. The Australian Associated Press reported the story, citing the Taiwanese United Daily News as the source of the information.

According to the report, the 18-year-old man entered an Internet café in southern Taiwan around noon on Friday, booked a private room, and played almost two days without stopping to eat. On Sunday morning, an employee of the café entered the room to check on the man and found him resting on a table. Shortly after being roused, the man collapsed and was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.

As of press time, a Blizzard representative had not returned a request for comment.

This is far from the first time a marathon gaming session has ended in tragedy. The AAP reported that another Taiwanese man died in February after a 23-hour gaming jag ended with a heart attack. In 2007, a 30-year-old man collapsed and died in Guangzhou, China, after gaming for three straight days, In 2005, a 28-year-old South Korean man died after a 50-hour gaming session. In 2003, police in Hong Kong cited a six-hour stint playing Diablo II at an Internet café as a contributing factor in a 28-year-old man's death. In 2002, a 24-year-old South Korean man died after 86 uninterrupted hours of gameplay. That same month, a 27-year-old Taiwanese man lasted 32 hours before succumbing to death by exhaustion.

Source http://uk.gamespot.com/news/gamer-di...rathon-6387472

Thoughts?
    Is this the same guy that died in the first 4 days of D3 being out? I remember an article about that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Stop being foolish. By the way you're talking, you sound like you somehow managed to avoid problems. Did you ever stop to think that you got extremely lucky? You could have easily ended up in the hospital or even worse. You might not have been so lucky the next time around.
    Please tell me your reply isn't genuine and you believe what the guy said? He definitely didn't stay awake for "entire weeks" whether "banging chicks" or playing with himself.

Since I've seen no HC jokes yet, he was playing Bliz's new difficulty guys, Ultra Hardcore. You die in-game you die IRL.

Deleted
    cant be the game who killed him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Why is it always asian guys
    Every fucking time.

"Diablo character looses player in Life on Hardcore mode"

Guess i never watched the news with that being aired.
    No, I mean westerners die because of stupidity all the time lol