Poll: Will you Subscribe/buy gametime After the free trail.

Deleted

Free Trail worked on me.

So ive been playing the free trail, maxed out a jedi on it, trying a few other classe's races atm, but the story has intrigued me enough that i will deffo be getting 60days of game time to carry on lvling my jedi.

Im curious if many others feel the same?

Mod warning: Keep this thread on the topic of the free trial and whether or not it helped you make a decision to play or not play. I don't want to close yet another thread because people derail it to no end. Thank you ~ Dakia
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-07-18 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the brotherhood!

Have fun playing. I know I do... Well will again after Projects & Exams are over.

I had to quit because of university, can't wait to go back! Miss it heaps It's a great game for those who want to invest into it!

Welcome to SWTOR, OP. Ignore the raktrolls.

Deleted
    I had the same thing, started of my trial on a RP server and I fell in love with the game. Players are actually everywhere, I don't feel alone or anything, I just arrived on Tatooine and the Jedi Knight story just turned into HOWLY SHIT.

Still sitting on the fence. (I played the 7 days of welcome back thing)

I'm not really liking the stories and quests on the Republice side, and it's going get repetitive since I've got many characters already in their 20-30s.
    My question is: how does the quests and stories on the Sith side compare? (I'd preferably like to RP as chaotic good/neutral)
    Do keep in my mind I'm poor, so 15€/month is a big deal for me.

Thanks
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    My question is: how does the quests and stories on the Sith side compare? (I'd preferably like to RP as chaotic good/neutral)
    Personally I like the the way lightside plays on the sith side of things MUCH better than how it goes on the Republic. To me lightside Jedi seems like a bunch of boyscouts who never do anything wrong or feel anything; whereas as a sith it plays much more like you are an honorable person who makes some hard choices sometimes because you are stuck working within the confinces of a flawed system, but you are working to make it better. Idk if you ever watched Fullmetel Alchemist but lightside Sith Warrior feels a lot similar to ROy Mustang's story in that. (trying to not give too much away).

As for the other planet quests... it seems mostly the same to me on both sides.

Make a brand new trial account and check em out.

Deleted
    Friends and me decided to give it a whirl already before the free trial was announced. Free trial sealed the deal. I expect to level one guy to 50 per faction minimum, most likely more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Still sitting on the fence. (I played the 7 days of welcome back thing)

I'm not really liking the stories and quests on the Republice side, and it's going get repetitive since I've got many characters already in their 20-30s.
    Do keep in my mind I'm poor, so 15€/month is a big deal for me.

Thanks
    I had the opposite problem, I disslike playing a Sith cus well... if you have to start killing random people just for some dark side points *shrug* just something I disslike...
    On the other hand, I enjoy being a Light side Jedi Knight, however I do decide my choices from an emotional point of view but thats just the way how I like to RP with this character.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Friends and me decided to give it a whirl already before the free trial was announced. Free trial sealed the deal. I expect to level one guy to 50 per faction minimum, most likely more.
    If you decide to do so, do it on the same server. That way, since both factions are under the same legacy, you will be able to unlock HK-51

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    If you decide to do so, do it on the same server. That way, since both factions are under the same legacy, you will be able to unlock HK-51
    Don't forget if they are of a non mirrored class you get the buffs also. So if you level a Jedi Councelor & a Bounty Hunter both past chapter 2 you unlock those buffs for all your characters. It's pretty sweet.

Thus far, I like what I see. It is pretty much what I expected (basically a multiplayer sequel to KOTOR). I has been playing nearly every day since the launch of the free trial, I got a Trooper, Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior to 15, working on Jedi Consular and Imperial Agent right now. My computer is actually way below the minimal requirements, so graphics is rather lacking - everything is on minimal, in order to run at all. So I am not going to subscribe right away, as I need to save money to build a decent computer first, so I could enjoy the game in full splendor.

I got two concerns though, and the trial does nothing to alleviate them (perhaps even on the contrary). First, planets feel somewhat limited, everything is too close to everything else and there is no incentive to come back after you're done with a planet. Yes, it is very true to the KOTOR concept, but I can't help but think it is not a very MMO-friendly approach to zone-building. Second, there doesn't seem to be much socializing going on in the low-level zones. Everyone's sitting in the fleet, apparently, and nobody bothers coming back to Tython or Dromund Kaas, if only to have a chat with lowbie newcomers. I find it hard to believe there isn't an ongoing Sith acolyte / Jedi padawan roleplay going on in starter zones, with those huge empty buildings just waiting to be employed. Does it get any different later on?

But yes, I can safely say free trial works for me, and I do intend to buy the game eventually, at least to play through the character storylines if nothing else.

Well the starter planets are small but they get bigger as you go along. For your Class quest it tends to send you back from time to time then there's the world arcs that also sends you back to various planets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Thus far, I like what I see. It is pretty much what I expected (basically a multiplayer sequel to KOTOR). I has been playing nearly every day since the launch of the free trial, I got a Trooper, Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior to 15, working on Jedi Consular and Imperial Agent right now. My computer is actually way below the minimal requirements, so graphics is rather lacking - everything is on minimal, in order to run at all. So I am not going to subscribe right away, as I need to save money to build a decent computer first, so I could enjoy the game in full splendor.

I got two concerns though, and the trial does nothing to alleviate them (perhaps even on the contrary). First, planets feel somewhat limited, everything is too close to everything else and there is no incentive to come back after you're done with a planet. Yes, it is very true to the KOTOR concept, but I can't help but think it is not a very MMO-friendly approach to zone-building. Second, there doesn't seem to be much socializing going on in the low-level zones. Everyone's sitting in the fleet, apparently, and nobody bothers coming back to Tython or Dromund Kaas, if only to have a chat with lowbie newcomers. I find it hard to believe there isn't an ongoing Sith acolyte / Jedi padawan roleplay going on in starter zones, with those huge empty buildings just waiting to be employed. Does it get any different later on?

But yes, I can safely say free trial works for me, and I do intend to buy the game eventually, at least to play through the character storylines if nothing else.
    I'm not sure on wich server you play but there is alot of interaction on my server... and some planets are small, others are big.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i am already in the game (for as long as my brother's account is up) and i got the free trial for my gf who refuses to believe that she is a nerd. she is now loving the game and wants to buy it herself (the subscription is a turn off for her though)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein