Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    What you just said is illogical. The failure line in Zelda is like dying in WoW; it happens as a technicality but it doesn't actually happen.
    When the creators of the game officially say it happens, it happened. No way getting around that.
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    MM isnt as universally loved as ocarina.

MM is eaither loved or hated.
    True, but for the people who love it, they looooove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Yeah, um...no. If it's going to be the same kind of "remake" that OoT 3D was, then forget it. Nintendo needs to stop churning out cheap "3D" remakes with no new content.
    It's what the fans want, Nintendo tends to listen to their fans. That's why the OOT remake happened.

I'd love the MM remake, but only after a new Zelda is released.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather a remake of the original. I want to hear my sword go chwt bweeuhh again

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I would rather a remake of the original. I want to hear my sword go chwt bweeuhh again
    Zelda 1 is already on the 3DS. I have it at least. Make aLttP happen please Nintendo.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    You can't really say that. OoT3D was completely redworked from the ground up by Grezzo. They polished it and really brought out the beauty of the game. The new UI worked really well. The sleep feature was nice; I love the ability to refight old bosses, albeit without all your current gear.

Although I will say that pushing a game like this just for the sales of a new device is silly, but it worked.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 09:25 PM ----------

I second this motion. I was really dissappointed when they launched the game missing two full dungeons. For those that don't know, the Fire and Water temples in WW were scrapped and replaced with the islands that you get the iron boots and the power bracelet. All for the sake of getting it out on time.
    That's just more excuses for Wind Waker being a shit game. Honestly, I never want that atrocity to see the light of day again. Either take out the fucking sailing along with all the other god awful methods of travel that Nintendo has invented since Wind Waker, and design the game like a traditional Zelda title where you can either walk or ride a horse, then maybe the games get better. But honestly at this point I don't want to see another Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks piece of garbage with a stupid on rails travel system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's just more excuses for Wind Waker being a shit game.
    Hey look at me, my opinion is fact.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any honest Zelda fan knows and would admit that Wind Waker was horrendous for gameplay. Good graphics and art, but the story was weak and the sailing was brutally painful. I guess it's their attempt at making what would have been a short game with a more convenient travel system, longer. The whole design of sailing felt weak, they could have made it better and more effective, but like removing levels to meet launch day, they didn't really tweak it at all. The song that could increase your sailing speed by changing the wind direction could have given you a better sustained speed boost for one, or ship upgrades would have helped you travel faster. If Nintendo has the gall to remake Wind Waker for the Wii U, they need to really revamp the mechanics of sailing and try to make it feel less painful, plus include all the dungeons.

Any honest Zelda fan knows and would admit that Wind Waker was horrendous for gameplay. Good graphics and art, but the story was weak and the sailing was brutally painful. I guess it's their attempt at making what would have been a short game with a more convenient travel system, longer. The whole design of sailing felt weak, they could have made it better and more effective, but like removing levels to meet launch day, they didn't really tweak it at all. The song that could increase your sailing speed by changing the wind direction could have given you a better sustained speed boost for one, or ship upgrades would have helped you travel faster. If Nintendo has the gall to remake Wind Waker for the Wii U, they need to really revamp the mechanics of sailing and try to make it feel less painful, plus include all the dungeons.
    Honest Zelda fan? Your opinion is not as factual as you would like to believe. Skelington rates it low because he didn't like the sailing and triforce gathering. The story and gameplay are fine. It's not like cutting two dungeons out and replacing them with mini-dungeons makes it a shit game, much less was it really a big deal.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-07-19 at 11:49 PM.

Any honest Zelda fan knows and would admit that Wind Waker was horrendous for gameplay.
    Really? So what's an honest Zelda fan? You know what other Zelda cut out dungeons? OOT. Why is it a big deal for WW and not OOT?

Deleted
    I vaguely remember Majora's Mask, I recall not liking it even close to as much as I loved Ocarina of Time, but I still thought it was a really fun game. The only part I was greatly disturbed by was the constant fighting against time, I easily get stressed if I have a time limit and I can't enjoy it as much as otherwise. I would still love a remake of it to play through it again, after all these years it would be wonderful to see what I thought of it today opposed to back then.

To this day, one of my favorite game sound tracks:
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-07-20 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much arguing about which games where good/bad, people have different opinions geez.
    Personally I disliked majora's mask a lot, to me it was just a really weird game that felt kinda rushed and unfinished. And then ofc you got the fact that it was very short, and the whole time aspect of it was annoying.

A link to the past, ocarina of time, wind waker and skyward sword have been my preferred zelda games.

Sure the sailing in wind waker got tedious after a while, though the first time I played it it didn't bother me all that much. What really made me love wind waker though was probably the camera control and controls overall, it was pretty much perfect in my opinion.

Wasn't there that article awhile back that talked about MM in the pipepline for a remake after LttP is done?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    The only part I was greatly disturbed by was the constant fighting against time, I easily get stressed if I have a time limit and I can't enjoy it as much as otherwise.
    This is exactly why I hate MM. I love being able to explore at a lazy pace in Ocarina.
    While I can respect what the time limit did for the game it just put me off it totally.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Majora's Mask deserves a remake/up in graphics, it's just such an amazing game/story. Gah I'd love to play it on a newer console again. <3
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    This is exactly why I hate MM. I love being able to explore at a lazy pace in Ocarina.
    While I can respect what the time limit did for the game it just put me off it totally.
    Yeah, when I was a kid playing MM for the first time I hated the time limit, mostly because I had no idea what I was doing since I rented the game and picked up from some other guys save. But playing it again the time limit isn't that bad, especially if you use the reverse song of time to slow it down. It's just an inconvenience to have to play the song of time everytime you complete a temple. And it's especially annoying if you like to take in the scenery in the game, you get like no time to really explore unless you start from day 1 to just walk around and collect masks/heart pieces.
    The thing I really don't like about sailing is that there's barely any islands, in each quadrant of the map there's generally only one island and maybe some outpost/subs.

I found the gameplay excellent, when it comes to items and generally how the game plays and feels, I find it to be the smoothest out of any Zelda title to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Personally I disliked majora's mask a lot, to me it was just a really weird game that felt kinda rushed and unfinished. And then ofc you got the fact that it was very short, and the whole time aspect of it was annoying.

Sure the sailing in wind waker got tedious after a while, though the first time I played it it didn't bother me all that much. What really made me love wind waker though was probably the camera control and controls overall, it was pretty much perfect in my opinion.
    Yeah it was rushed, but they made the game in like a year, which is quite impressive. I really enjoy MM for the length of the game compared to the rest, always gives me the incentive to replay it thoroughly. Whereas new Zelda games I'll start playing for a while and then realize I'm only half way through the game and I just stop for weeks-months at a time before I want to pick it up again.

I love Wind Waker's camera, they should really use it for all future Zelda titles. Should be staple in the Wii U Zelda game since it has 2 analog sticks on both the tablet and the pro controller.

I want MM over LttP.

Think about it. MM can only be played on the N64, so very old with an awkward controller, or on the GC, so slightly newer but fraught with bugs and overall pretty goddamn shit.

LttP can still be bought in its GBA version and played on any DS (I can't remember if the 3DS has GBA compatibility like the original DS. If not, original DS are easy to get) and is fine on there for me. It doesn't need a rerelease, it looks as fine as it needs to and is really awesome. MM really could use a boost to a new console.

Edit : What was good about the WW camera? I can't remember even noticing it at all, let alone thinking it was better or worse then any of the other games cameras.

That said that may be because I was noticing how completely and utter shit everything else in the entire actual game was.

Thank god it can't be justifiably rereleased soon, because cel-shaded graphics age so fantastically (yes, I loved the graphics of the game, it was only... everything else about it which kinda sucked).
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-07-20 at 11:57 AM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I wish you luck. But I also know they are debating a remake of Link to the Past or Majora's Mask. LttP being the greatest Zelda *of all time*, I can't get on any boat that supports Majora's Mask.
    Isn't there already two A Link to the Past why would they remake that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It's not like cutting two dungeons out and replacing them with mini-dungeons makes it a shit game, much less was it really a big deal.
    Actually it was a big deal, because it ended up making the game so short they needed to pad it out with the triforce hunt among other things.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    As long as they make it so you can wear Fierce Deity's Mask anywhere. Can't wait to get stuck in the water temple again (from my point of view, even worse than other infamous water temples).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    But a real 3D revision of A Link to the Past would be another game entirely imho as all map/boss designs where made with 2D in mind... not sure if I'd like that.

Concerning a 3DS remake of MM... yeah why not. Would buy.
    Yeah good point then maybe like how the new pokemons are how the characters are 2D and the buildings and what not would be 3D.

Now that I think about it yeah that would be the better idea the more I think of a 3D LttP the more i think it wouldn't work out right. Whatever Nintendo plans to remake whether it be Majora's Mask or Link to the Past I will be happy with whatever they choose. Hell they might just go and remake them both eventually.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe