Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Behold, the Blingatron 4000!

This is the new engineering toy coming in MoP who will give shiny gifts to anyone who speaks to him. The item has been known about for quite some time but the model has only recently been added and I haven't seen it shown anywhere yet.

What do you think? I can't say I like the silver beanie cap or that creepy smile. He is awfully shiny though!

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=87214

Assembles the incredible Blingtron 4000, a robot of infinite wealth. Bling, as he likes to be called, will give out a random gift to anyone who talks to him, but only once per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd rather have updated bombs/grenades/smth usefull >.<

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lololololololol^^

exactly what engineers want!
    more bling!

Should never have dropped Engineering, now I have to drop a profession again.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    This is amazing Can't wait to have my engineer friends drop this little badass for some shizzle and bling!!

That's a nice shiny bugger we got there, gonna be fun to have a new toy. Hoping we get more super awesome stuff, even after the first patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool! I am curious what gifts he gives.

Gratuitous exploitation of a racial stereotype that is literally decades behind being culturally-relevant.

I can't help thinking that the entire concept behind this isn't just something amusing to idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Gratuitous exploitation of a racial stereotype that is literally decades behind being culturally-relevant.

I can't help thinking that the entire concept behind this isn't just something amusing to idiots.
    Did you lift this right out of a transformers 2 review?

/confused

I didn't know this thing represented a race that is stereotyped this way. Could you please explain? All I see is a mechano-gnome made of gold and decked out in jewels.

Yea, gold-plated gnomes are people too. You should respect their ranging culture that extends outside of this one instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    Did you lift this right out of a transformers 2 review?
    Very applicable too!

By the way, if you datamine the game files, you can hear the following dialogue, true story --

I totally agree. When I saw this I was thinking "omg they added Puffy P Daddy's Diddy" to the game!

Does Blingatron 4000 allow you to repair? We haven't had a new repair bot since Jeeves.

...Man, I wish there were some usable bombs in MoP. Engineering had tons of bombs in vanilla...!

10+ Year Old Account

Wow...u mad bro? Chill out lil buddy...I'm sure someone will make you one.

Deleted

One could ask the question if a racial stereotype stops being a stereotype as soon as it starts to become culturally irrelevant. Part of the joy I get from playing WoW are the pop-culture and in general cultural references, oftentimes subtle, sometimes shiny bright and full of bling. To play with stereotypes is one part of these references, I wouldn't call it amusing and appealing to idiots only, because "high" culture such as literature, art, as well as music use the same techniques and it is widely considered a sign of quality in these genres.

Engineers are getting an awful lot of fun stuff in Mists, I gotta say.

Two new mounts to create and sell to anyone, a new pet, Blingtron 4000, a portable forge, a new wormhole generator, enhanced gathering goggles (BoE and not requiring engineering!), in addition to all our usual stuff...if they can keep on adding new content for engineers like they do for the other crafting professions, this expansion could turn out to be a good one.

Fingers crossed.

Well, Cata was very lacking for Engineering. Most of the good stuff that we currently have is from WotLK.