Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    I find the race selection in GW2 to be not great, but decent. Not the variety of WoW, but still more interesting than games like SW:TOR.

The races are fantastic to some, OK to others and some will no doubt think that they are bad...that's just subjectivity for ya.

For me? Well I only plan to play the game on the side, and so far human female ranger seems like it'll be my choice since Norn felt too big, I didn't care for Charr female ranger and Asura/Sylvari feel...meh as far as my own immersion goes with their looks/story. I have all the variation in playable races that I need in my main game, I don't feel like I have to or want to go and make one of each in GW2 as well considering the fact that 1-80 is going to take me A LONG time.

Imo, if there's ONE race that tickles your fancy in GW2, then it'd be worth playing it.

Deleted
    Asura seems rather interesting, the races are fine imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I find the race selection in GW2 to be not great, but decent. Not the variety of WoW, but still more interesting than games like SW:TOR.
    Depends what you mean by 'variety'. Sure, WoW has a good selection visually...but many of the playable races are simply tacked on and don't really live up to their potential due to much of their lore being overlooked, retconned or just brushed aside. I'm hoping Guild Wars 2 adds new races in a much smoother and consistent manner that doesn't ruin portions of existing lore in order to accomodate them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    We can run too... >:D

<snip image>
    Alright, men. Ready the Charrzooka!

15+ Year Old Account
    You also have to remember that WoW has added a lot of races in its lifetime. It only started with 8 races.

So in a few years GW2 might have 10 races to choose from, we don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    So many technicalities o.0
    This is why it's easier to be an Asura. If it's not an Asura, it's just a bookah, easy.
    These bookah will never understand.

But all the races in WoW look like shit save for blood elves and draenei and the females faces are exact duplicates of each other just recolored, like everything in that game.. herp throw a recolor on it.
    Last edited by CatawasfailandsoarePandas; 2012-07-20 at 05:29 PM.