Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The DI nurf does seem excessive, 1ppm on average is rather unacceptable. Honestly, if was too good as a talent it should have remained baseline as it was several builds back. If it was too good in multi-target, it should have been made to proc from Mind Flay or been given an ICD.

Really though, i would like to see the Mind Blast refresh just go away forever and have Haste scaling back; replacing Divine Insight's effect with something completely different. Something like:
    Divine Insight: Shadow
    Periodic damage from your Mind Flay has a 20% chance to increase the damage of your next Mind Blast by 20%, stacking up to 3 times.
    OR
    Divine Insight: Shadow
    When you cast Devouring Plague, there is a 40% chance it will refund a Shadow Orb.
    The SW:Inanity nurf is what caught me a bit off guard, making a extremely annoying and awkward spell even more unappealing is pants on head retarded, even if i would have never used it regardless.

The Mastery adjustment was needed, but i'm not sure if it is enough. Personally, I would like to see our mastery duplicate ANY shadow damage rather than just periodic damage. Letting all of our spells scale with mastery would help it out quite a bit. Ill need to test it out regardless before i make a judgment call.

All in all, I have no idea what where shadow is going, but i don't think i like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    After this patch shadow is a 100% useless spec. It seems Blizzard wants to all priests playing healing.
    Not a bad theory at all. Blizz wants more healers in LFR and LFD, so they nerf Shadow to annoying levels in hopes of pushing more priests into disc or holy. I wonder if they're doing the same thing to other classes with a healing spec, or if we're special because of having both our alternate spec be heals?

Actually I am not too concern about the supposedly changes in damage atm, they usually scale it way down and then scale it back up. I am eager to test it when it's released to the beta and figure out how the change will affect the play style. However, I find the changes on ShA a bit bizzare and I think blizzard is struggling with how to deal with ShA along with the shadow mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Not a bad theory at all. Blizz wants more healers in LFR and LFD, so they nerf Shadow to annoying levels in hopes of pushing more priests into disc or holy. I wonder if they're doing the same thing to other classes with a healing spec, or if we're special because of having both our alternate spec be heals?
    emotional much? there there... no need to get all depressed. things get better with time.

really guys. it's not a "shadow nerf only patch" check the datamined notes for ALL the classes. it's a nerf patch for nearly every class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    it's a nerf patch for nearly every class in the game.
    There are 11 classes. Of those 11 classes the damage of shadow, retri warlock and monks was nerfed. The two extreme outliers here were Warlock and Monk, shadow wasn't neither top nor bottom, but in the middle.

Not really a nerfpatch for every class in the game.

read what you quoted again. there's a teeny tiny "nearly" in that sentence.

and on one of my previous posts, i quoted some of that abilities which got nerfed AND also stated some of the changes to shadow spec were probably too harsh. but hey, as much as i'd like to cry and punch the walls as well, beta is beta. constructive feedback will always get more solid results.

Deleted
    would be nice, if we could test it on the beta. seems that the new built is not on the beta this time.

when do they update it?

Quote Originally Posted by nsj View Post
    when do they update it?
    Usually one day after (or at the same day) the patch is put on the file server. So expect a maintenance today.

Well, the most interesting test will be wether Mindbenders damage has been reduced or not.

Deleted
    To the one saying "Mastery makes up for it, multi-dotting all the way"
    - Are u retarded?

Mastery won't get NEAR to the nerfs they did.
    - "DI is okay with 5% , mastery fixes it!" oh okay, so 1 ppm without mastery, will make it 2 maybe :O wow thats the fix for it!" sigh..

If they think nerfing it to 5% will help it from not multidotting and gaining "endless" procs, then they must be stupid.. That will mean maybe a 4-6 procs i dotting two targets and gaining from mastery.. Yeah totally balanced..

So multi-dotting will still be OP for the spell, but wrecks single target dmg like fuck.. It is useless now!

As i said: they should either make it not proc if SW:P is on 2 or more targets or reduce the chance drastically if om more than 2 targets.
    With one of these options, they can buff it back to 10-15% and it will be a good single-target again.

Because seriously, i give a fuck about AoE - if our single target dmg is low as autoattacking dmg (metaphore)

Guess it's not gonna happen, and i will cry because i need to main one of my other toons. Healing is shit too anyways

Tone down the hostility. This goes for everyone. --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-07-19 at 03:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of the changes were just unfounded. From the few parses I've seen and videos, I haven't seen many spriests topping dps....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

@ripfull i've seen you a couple more times going all out cursing at people. try to tune it down a bit. you might have opposite opinions with someone, but calling them "retarded" is not gonna make your argument more valid.

nobody's saying that mastery fix will every single nerf that's been done. everybody is disappointed about DI nerf, everyone thinks that both scaling apparitions with crit AND reducing it's damage is wrong. in fact, none of us are against your thoughts, on the contrary, we all share the same opinions more or less.

and you should know that they're just playing with numbers right now. nothing's going live atm as they are.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you people for real? Has even one person done testing or are you all just assuming that you know more than a team of developers? And if you HAVE done testing, was the data significant, what gear were you using, what fights were you testing? What talents were you using. Did you test all the talents? There are a lot more factors that go into this than just nerfing shadow DPS. This is about balancing each tier of talents so you have equal and reasonable choices. DI was ridiculously OP compared to the other talents. Now they are balanced. Blizzard will balance around the new version of the talents. They will balance the classes reasonably by ship. They always have, they always will. Get over the constant complaining about each successive build and just wait. OR, actually test things and provide useful feedback to Blizzard, rather than just making assumptions and complaining about them.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    Are you people for real? Has even one person done testing or are you all just assuming that you know more than a team of developers? And if you HAVE done testing, was the data significant, what gear were you using, what fights were you testing? What talents were you using. Did you test all the talents? There are a lot more factors that go into this than just nerfing shadow DPS. This is about balancing each tier of talents so you have equal and reasonable choices. DI was ridiculously OP compared to the other talents. Now they are balanced. Blizzard will balance around the new version of the talents. They will balance the classes reasonably by ship. They always have, they always will. Get over the constant complaining about each successive build and just wait. OR, actually test things and provide useful feedback to Blizzard, rather than just making assumptions and complaining about them.
    Yeah, I know right its not like its ever a class or spec that is either way to good or way to bad... Silly me for thinking such thoughts.

^

The nerfs were harsh, and pretty likely too harsh. So what we need to do is when they deploy this build is to log on and do some testing to see how things work, what the best way for us to operate within these new perimeters, and then figure out where that puts us in comparison to other classes. Then we can go to them with specific info so they can change things. People making statements about the spec being dead and pointless now aren't helping anything.

Deleted

They are not balanced.
    - DI is now the worst talent

And i will bet my whole fortune that these changes will break us once again.

Now they are balanced.
    Regardless of the DI being balanced or not (and i'd say it's the weakest now), it's just a uninteresting and boring talent after that change. A 5% chance equals about 1 PPM. That's unnoticeable for your gameplay. And in the worst case, the proc will happen when Mindblast is nearly of cooldown.
    If the talent requires a procrate so low that you barely notice it to be balanced, then the talent design itself is flawed.

For SW:I - It was already worse then Mindbinder, it got nerfed A LOT. The only further conclusion is that Mindbenders damage was also nerfed alongside it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    DI is still the best for multi target fights. That is the intent of the talent. It isn't supposed to be balanced for single target. If that isn't obvious, you are not using your thinking cap. The developers goal isn't to have the talents all equal for the same situations. The intent is for each talent to have a benefit and a drawback in certain game situations.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Yeah, I know right its not like its ever a class or spec that is either way to good or way to bad... Silly me for thinking such thoughts.
    Blizzard is not in the business of making classes unusable for intended roles. That's not good business sense. I don't think you have to worry. They know how to balance the game pretty well - are they perfect? No. But they get them pretty close and adjust them as needed as they go.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

A request for thos who can:

Can you go witha heavy mastery build and do some testing at 3/4 training dummies?

(how much the mastery increases the extra tick chances? 1% each point of mastery?)

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    A request for those who can:

Can you go with a heavy mastery build and do some testing at 3/4 training dummies?

(how much the mastery increases the extra tick chances? 1% each point of mastery?)
    I plan to do just this.

(In the current build, if i divide my mastery rating by the percentage listed on the character sheet i get 179.387 Mastery Rating for 1% at 85, and 598.235 Mastery Rating for 1% at 90.)

You do realize that you are doing exactly what you are criticizing everyone else for. You have not tested anything and have no evidences that the talents are not horrible now. All the static dps evidence I have seen upto now showed that DI was equal with the other talent options as far as a DPS increase.