10+ Year Old Account

New to being a warrior.

So I started a warrior a few days ago as my 11th on my current realm. I am in love. This is such a fun toon to play. I am now 35 and one thing i want to know is about what stance I should stay in. I am leveling as fury, which I am sure some will say that I need to switch to Arms. I am sure it does not matter as much which stance i am in while leveling, But I also feel my dps is low and have gotten some grief about it. I did however switch to 2 one handed swords and have been doing a lot better. At 38 I will take TG and continue from there. My biggest questions here is what stance should i stay in and should I really worry about my dps in dungeons as I level? I really am a noob when it comes to a warrior, so any tips/advice would be great. I read the guide here which is great and some information makes sense, but I really do not want to fail.

Thanks,

PS if this does not make a whole lot of sense, I am sorry, I had a child in my face while I was writing this.......lol

Stance switching should be macro'd so you can flip between battle and bezerker. Whenever you are expecting to take a lot of damage switch to bezerker stance; otherwise stay in battle. DPS will come as you learn to prioritize your cd's. Fury doesn't have a set rotation, but it does have a base rotation that you add to depending on what is happening in the fight. GO here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warrior-Guide read and practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    like the guy above me said-just macro/keybind your stances so you can use them when needed.like if the tank dies you go d-stance and tank as along as you can.i have always loved arms so im a little biased but try it out sometime.arms has lower hit rating and you only need one good 2 hander.even more so if you ever want to pvp a s a warrior,arms =#1.so if you level as arms you be use to it making you better at pvp .

Prot is a lot of fun for leveling via instances if you havent tried it out yet btw.

Overall I wouldn't particularly worry about dps whilst leveling, just get comfortable with the class. I don't imagine your groups are going to be wiping because you are pulling slightly lower numbers than they want you to

Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    people who will tell you that you need to switch to arms are funny

a warrior who wanted to provide you with the best leveling experience would tell you to play prot, because there is no point in being warrior dps until you get colossus smash and nice trinkets. Protection Warriors will do more or equal DPS and have the better survivability.

but as a DPS Warrior you should be in Battle Stance, no matter what level you are. You switch to Berserker if there is large damage that is consistently dropped on the group or specifically on you and you will easily recover from. Defensive Stance is to pop cooldowns and avoid dying to damage that would otherwise kill you.

Honestly, TG looks cool and all but at low level it's like ninjas with katanas on their backs - cool, but impractical (the reason behind that is that a ninja could not easily unsheath a katana from the back). I leveled my second Warrior and SMF was the way to go. The amounts of strength you will need for TG to outweigh SMF's passive damage bonus won't be available to you for a long time, probably not until Cataclysm zones.

SMF is what I'd recommend up until you start doing level 90 heroics, where it will then be a matter of preference concerning performance.

Low level warrior dps is shit, it does not matter what kind of player you are (you could take warriors from top 5 guilds and get them, to play them at low lvl and they would still do crap non-gimmick dps lol). You should not worry about it, and if you are, you should just play protection for free dungeon queues and superior dps for most of your experience as a Warrior.

You can play a DPS spec if you really want to, but I play on a PvP server and the sheer lack of survivability the specs have to other class specializations just feels blatantly slanted, like Warriors are pigeonholed into tanking. Not to say that you can't play a DPS specialization and if you are on a PvE server, then more power to you. But I strongly believe that playing protection will offer an optimal leveling/class experience until 81+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    people who will tell you that you need to switch to arms are funny

a warrior who wanted to provide you with the best leveling experience would tell you to play prot, because there is no point in being warrior dps until you get colossus smash and nice trinkets. Protection Warriors will do more or equal DPS and have the better survivability.

but as a DPS Warrior you should be in Battle Stance, no matter what level you are. You switch to Berserker if there is large damage that is consistently dropped on the group or specifically on you and you will easily recover from. Defensive Stance is to pop cooldowns and avoid dying to damage that would otherwise kill you.

Honestly, TG looks cool and all but at low level it's like ninjas with katanas on their backs - cool, but impractical (the reason behind that is that a ninja could not easily unsheath a katana from the back). I leveled my second Warrior and SMF was the way to go. The amounts of strength you will need for TG to outweigh SMF's passive damage bonus won't be available to you for a long time, probably not until Cataclysm zones.

SMF is what I'd recommend up until you start doing level 90 heroics, where it will then be a matter of preference concerning performance.

Low level warrior dps is shit, it does not matter what kind of player you are (you could take warriors from top 5 guilds and get them, to play them at low lvl and they would still do crap non-gimmick dps lol). You should not worry about it, and if you are, you should just play protection for free dungeon queues and superior dps for most of your experience as a Warrior.

You can play a DPS spec if you really want to, but I play on a PvP server and the sheer lack of survivability the specs have to other class specializations just feels blatantly slanted, like Warriors are pigeonholed into tanking. Not to say that you can't play a DPS specialization and if you are on a PvE server, then more power to you. But I strongly believe that playing protection will offer an optimal leveling/class experience until 81+.
    i did not tell him to go arms,i just said try it out.hell play all 3 see what he likes the best.but what i said holds true,if he plans on doing pvp at max level,arms is #1.why wait until 90 to learn how to play arms?start now so your good at it and have all your keybinds/macros set.arms you only need one good 2 hander makes gearing a little easier and arms has less hit rating,again making it easy to gear/hit cap.

bottom line OP play what you like,but i would tell you try out all 3 specs and keep the 2 you like the best.