Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Giving credit where credit is due

I know haters are going to hate and probably going to hear a lot of negativity for making this thread but I don't care. I see threads where a lot of the time it seems like it turns into a Blizzard bashing fest. I am here to praise and give credit where credit is due to Blizzard. I think they have done a truly amazing job with MoP. You have to stop and realize how many man (and woman) hours have been poured into this game and then stand back and go "Wow...just wow" The detail in the art work of the zones is fantastic....don't believe it? When Jade Forest re-opens just fly up high and park yourself somewhere with a view and look around...it will blow you away. The quests are many and entertaining...not something your dread. Same goes for dailies. Lots of stuff to do from scenarios to dungeons to now the popular pet battles. Pet battles are just yes...nothing else to say. I look in my guild roster and have to smile when I see 15-20 level 90's in low zones...catching pets...and perfectly happy to be doing so. I am yet to personally talk to anyone that doesn't like them.....trade chat doesn't count...those are the minority. People like to complain about stuff being broken or overtuned or undertuned or just not working right. That's what we're here for....to break stuff.....and tell them...not gripe and moan...because you have to admit eventually it gets fixed. So I just wanted to say I tip my hat to you Blizzard...a big kudos and +1,000,000 internets. Keep up the good work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brave. So brave.

Pfft, nice try Ghostcrawler.

MoP is going to be teh suxxors because some kids on the interwebs said so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I salute you good sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Pfft, nice try Ghostcrawler.

MoP is going to be teh suxxors because some kids on the interwebs said so.
    I'm not Ghostcrawler and I'm definatly not a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I'm not Ghostcrawler and I'm definatly not a kid.
    He was trying to be funny, don't take it seriously

Of course it is but people find it easier to complain about what is bad than to praise what is good.

The two most important words in the entire OP are "I think". I think the OP is 100% wrong. But both the OP and my post are opinions.

Nice to see a bit of Optimism and positive thinking/thoughts on here Most of the time the positive gets overshadowed by all the negative.

I'm in agreement, I think Blizzard have done a fantastic job over the years, I truly believe they care about this game and put so much love and care into it. And try their hardest to make it fun for all.

Sadly they can't always win, whatever they do is scrutinized to death. Thankfully these people are a minority (just seem to be the loudest lol) It's great to see that other people out there share the same thoughts and values when it comes to our community.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I am yet to personally talk to anyone that doesn't like them.....trade chat doesn't count...those are the minority.
    Apart from being crit by a wall of text this is the only problem I have with your post. I have not played the beta (yes I have access to it, I've chosen not to bother), but you can't say "these people saying they don't like it don't count because there's only a couple of them". You can not exclude people saying they don't like something simply because you don't know them and have only seen them complaining about it in a place that is usually associated with trolls. I am not saying they're not trolling and that their opinion is valid, I have no idea what they said, just that you can't say they don't count simply because there's only a few of them.

One the plus side, I might not be interested in playing the beta or even playing long term once MoP is live, but I am looking forward to at least leveling once and seeing all the new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickname View Post
    Apart from being crit by a wall of text this is the only problem I have with your post. I have not played the beta (yes I have access to it, I've chosen not to bother), but you can't say "these people saying they don't like it don't count because there's only a couple of them". You can not exclude people saying they don't like something simply because you don't know them and have only seen them complaining about it in a place that is usually associated with trolls. I am not saying they're not trolling and that their opinion is valid, I have no idea what they said, just that you can't say they don't count simply because there's only a few of them.

One the plus side, I might not be interested in playing the beta or even playing long term once MoP is live, but I am looking forward to at least leveling once and seeing all the new zones.
    If you think about it, he's probably right. The folks trolling away in trade chat are the ones not doing anything. There's likely many more times the number of people out there doing stuff, but they can't respond to those trolls because... they're out there doing stuff.

Oh he's almost definitely right, still doesn't mean he can exclude them. It is possible (although there's only a small chance of this) that there are legit complaints about the pet battle system in trade chat. Intellgent conversation do take place once in a blue moon, and once in a hundred of those blue moon conversations one doesn't get interrupted by the trolls.

Are you trying to say that people can complain constructively in trade? TRADE?!? You have never played WoW, I don't care if you played for a bajillion years you must have done it with trade off. Even if they did try to complain constructively which is a HUGE LEAP why trade?
    @ OP: great to see some Blizz love, tired of MMO-Champion becoming a place for WoW fans to discuss, to a "WoW is dead" or my new favorite "Blizz should do this because my opinion is fact.".

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 03:34 PM ----------

Oh he's almost definitely right, still doesn't mean he can exclude them. It is possible (although there's only a small chance of this) that there are legit complaints about the pet battle system in trade chat. Intellgent conversation do take place once in a blue moon, and once in a hundred of those blue moon conversations one doesn't get interrupted by the trolls.
    Define intelligent conversation.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Define intelligent conversation.
    Hah, now there is something I refuse to do with fear of having the trolls tear me apart. I usually hide trade, but I have spent a fair amount of time in there myself back before LFD was around and only some people watched LFG chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I shouldn't have said those people in trade who don't like pet battles don't count...wrong wording...sorry. It was more on the thinking that they just want to get arguments started by trolling. Probably in reality they just stop to troll when they're at the pet healer Who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember at BlizzCon, one of the art directors for MoP had his mom level a character so she could see his work.

we give them credit once a month in the amount of $15.

when you go to mcdonalds to you sit back in awe at the cheeseburger you have just received?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there is one last hope to get people out in the world, it has to be pet battles.

Let's hope Blizz doesn't ruin it by keeping this "rare pets on the AH are unbeatable by common pets you catch in the wild" system.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post

when you go to mcdonalds to you sit back in awe at the cheeseburger you have just received?
    No, I enjoy eating it.

Too often we only notice when things suck and not when things are superb.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yes...I say thank you after taking my order and thank you when I receive it and heck if I'm like the only one there and no one is in line I say "Have a good (night,day)".
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I don't, I do say thank you after receiving it though that's about it.

I think Mcdonalds was a bad analogy, I think it could be more comparable to thanking your internet company or phone company after having paid for their services each month.