Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    can someone tell me the use of having a war ship in the thames?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    can someone tell me the use of having a war ship in the thames?
    In case the Americans invade. They have guns because they are afraid the British will invade them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yo Rich, arent you in the British army? Tell me, how "safe" are the olympics really? Ive read that you guys had some trouble with private security groups....

from my understanding (which is bad, i have very little interest in the olympics and not followed it really). but the security contract was given to the company "G4S", and about a week before the games begin they failed to get enough people, so the army had to stand in and replace them as security. it should have gone to the army to begin with really.

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    In case the Americans invade. They have guns because they are afraid the British will invade them.

lol, dont even think Americas biggest boat would fit up the thames! how did they get it past all the bridges/barriers?!

but it just seems useless, whats that going to stop? if there was a terrorist attack, they probably wont be doing it by boat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Y'all burned Washington, we still have to burn London

It's only fair

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 05:38 PM ----------

from my understanding (which is bad, i have very little interest in the olympics and not followed it really). but the security contract was given to the company "G4S", and about a week before the games begin they failed to get enough people, so the army had to stand in and replace them as security. it should have gone to the army to begin with really.

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 01:12 AM ----------

lol, dont even think Americas biggest boat would fit up the thames! how did they get it past all the bridges/barriers?!

but it just seems useless, whats that going to stop? if there was a terrorist attack, they probably wont be doing it by boat.
    We blow up your bridges, that is how we get past them.

And your river too small? We make it bigger, then invade
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Don't see why the services of terrorists would be required given that the Olympic eye-candy Boris Johnson will already be blowing everyone away.

What I'm wondering is if we're going to see David Tennant carry that torch or not, he did afterall do it in Doctor Who.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    What I'm wondering is if we're going to see David Tennant carry that torch or not, he did afterall do it in Doctor Who.

probably wont, he would have carried it in Scotland if he was going to, i think.

Deleted
    it should have gone to the army to begin with really.
    Nah, I don't mind them using us begrudgingly to help the country out in a time of need -or- in this case, a private company flat out falling on its arse... We've got enough things to be dealing with like fighting a war in Afghanistan and all the training / fall out / logistical clusterfuck that goes with fighting war to be used as commercial security for public events.

I know guys that are veterans of 4 tours of Afghanistan, decorated war heroes - and they're stood in London checking bags and security tags... It's fucking depressing.

Warships are the perfect mobile platform to launch operations from. We Marines can project miles inland within a matter of minutes from one of those bad boys via air or sea and deliver maximum violence exactly where it's needed. You can also park it right outside the games which is a massive bonus. All the logistics of running air and sea assets are self-contained as well.
    Last edited by mmoc36f8af66e9; 2012-07-26 at 12:51 PM.

rofl

I hope the troops get some kind of bonus, the most boring job asignment I can imagine, esp if anyone is forced to do it when they were supposed to be on leave.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Nah, I don't mind them using us begrudgingly to help the country out in a time of need -or- in this case, a private company flat out falling on its arse... We've got enough things to be dealing with like fighting a war in Afghanistan and all the training / fall out / logistical clusterfuck that goes with fighting war to be used as commercial security for public events.

I know guys that are veterans of 4 tours of Afghanistan, decorated war heroes - and they're stood in London checking bags and security tags... It's fucking depressing.

Warships are the perfect mobile platform to launch operations from. We Marines can project miles inland within a matter of minutes from one of those bad boys via air or sea and deliver maximum violence exactly where it's needed. You can also park it right outside the games which is a massive bonus. All the logistics of running air and sea assets are self-contained as well.
    This pretty much, having the ship in the Thames which is central to London will mean the helicopters/other transports can get the troops where they might be needed in the least amount of time. Makes sense.