Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh my goodness. Can't imagine how much fun that would be.. Guard detail.. for the Olympic games!

Whoa, that is TDY I would only dream of landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Bah, it's only 203 meters. You call that big!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimitz_...rcraft_carrier

Now these are some big ass ships.
    its not an aircraft carrier (ocean that is) its a helicopter platform. Our two new carriers are smaller than the US carriers but are still very large. Not too many years away from being in service now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_E...rcraft_carrier is only about 280M and the nimitz class is 333M

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    We are not prepared. We have to deploy the army as the private contractor didn't get enough men.
    It should always have been armed forces guarding it. I don't see why we would sub-contract out to people less capable.

We are not prepared. We have to deploy the army as the private contractor didn't get enough men.
    The army should have been doing the security from the start, lets face it. They are far better trained in both the ability to stop and prevent an incident, and dealing with anything that does happen.

Passing security off to a private firm was in my view beyond idiotic hen you have a perfectly good trained resource ready for use.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's not a matter of showing off, it's a matter of "we don't want another 9/11".
    That's my birthday, I have it every year and I too wish I didn't.. :roll:

You don't have any high buildings, so that's not a problem.
    You probably mean 7 july 2005.

Setting up rockets on public buildings helps ofcourse, now the people bombing don't need to bring their own explosives, you provide them.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

15+ Year Old Account
    I find the posting of SAM's in central London as a bit funny.
    Yes! we hit the plane taken over by terrorists now lets roll the dice and see in what part of London it crash causing mayhem!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I'd rather have the army than private security guards with a couple of hours training... Trained and armed soldiers vs spotty greasy haired teenagers who couldn't get anything else or are only there so they don't lose their dole money. Who would you trust more to deal with a terrorist plot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post

Setting up rockets on public buildings helps ofcourse, now the people bombing don't need to bring their own explosives, you provide them.
    We have Europes tallest building afaik

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shard

as well as this area
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_wharf

granted its not New York by any means!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes! we hit the plane taken over by terrorists now lets roll the dice and see in what part of London it crash causing mayhem!
    Random part of London > Olympic Stadium

When you are under attack, the best situation you can hope for is to choose where the attack happens. If you can't choose that, the next best is to choose where it doesn't.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Deleted
    Heh, it looks as if they're preparing for an assault by some foreign military or something rather than a few people with bombs strapped on to them. If anything, it just makes the whole event a bigger and juicier target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthawk45 View Post
    What are your views on this?
    Not freaky at all. People are just really gullible. That image of the supposedly "bombed out stadium" is from this Holden advert:

Whoever suggested otherwise on Disclose.TV is either delusional or deliberately yanking chains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    China showed how awesome and big their drum-line was.

England wants to show how awesome and big their military is.

No it's because the private security company the government had a contract with had a shortfall of 3500 security staff, there was large enquiery about it last week it was very unpleasant to watch people getting roasted and made to feel very small. Because it was too last minute to get another contract the government had to use the army to make up the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post

The worst that'd probably happen in a high building in London would be a Dalek/Cyberman attack at Canary Wharf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I hope it hits Chelsea.

Seriously though, this isn't a national dick-waving exercise on behalf of the military... The government contracted the security to the private sector and it went totally Pete Tong. "G4S" were supposed to provide the security and they screwed it up. There's all sorts of rumours flying around about the Home Secretary knowing about the short-fall for quite some time, but no-one can make the mud stick.

They've asked the Military to step in and cover, because, unlike the private sector we can mobilise thousands of trained people at no extra cost within a matter of weeks without security checks and our logistic chain takes care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post

I know I'm not Rich, but I'd steer clear of London while its going on.
    What if I work for them lol. We have been taught that safety was a none-issue for us. Everything would be just fine. Only recently I have heard that London got security problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    The commute traffic and the issue of human stupidity when large numbers of people come together would be reason enough to stay the hell away from there if you aren't going to the olympics. The fact that the security firm is just as guilty of being a clusterfuck of an event and making the additional security a rushjob is also a concern.

The sponsorship whipping the organisers in to denying entry people in their own terms is another thing I don't like about this event, as well as the fact that prices in a city where things are already ridiculously expensive will sky-rocket. All of this with the added threat to peoples safety is setting this up to be one of the worst olympics ever, in my opinion.

I don't understand how anyone would want to go to see the olympics in the flesh considering all of that.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at this site, it's full of conspiracy crazies.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    The commute traffic and the issue of human stupidity when large numbers of people come together would be reason enough to stay the hell away from there if you aren't going to the olympics. The fact that the security firm is just as guilty of being a clusterfuck of an event and making the additional security a rushjob is also a concern.

The sponsorship whipping the organisers in to denying entry people in their own terms is another thing I don't like about this event, as well as the fact that prices in a city where things are already ridiculously expensive will sky-rocket. All of this with the added threat to peoples safety is setting this up to be one of the worst olympics ever, in my opinion.

I don't understand how anyone would want to go to see the olympics in the flesh considering all of that.
    haha stop being such a massive kill-joy! People will want to see it because it's the only time, in our lifetime that we'll get to host it in our Country and go see it first hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    haha stop being such a massive kill-joy! People will want to see it because it's the only time, in our lifetime that we'll get to host it in our Country and go see it first hand.
    and I bet it rains all day!

I'm being a massive cynical ass, I know, but the horrible organisation behind this and the sponsorship calling the shots as much as they are is making me bitter about the whole thing.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-07-25 at 08:17 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Yeah might have something to do with that they wanted Ex-Military, Security cleared personnel but only willing to pay £3500 for 10 weeks work...
    Works out to £8.75 an hour.

Sorry to say but it wasn't work my time after the commute to London daily and the risk involved (guarding Heathrow)