Hunter Challenge Pets in MoP

Would you want more challenge pets like in Molten Front? If so, what challenge would you like to see in game? If not, why?

I am definitely hoping for some new challenge tames. More "clever use of mechanics," maybe a mob that requires a certain number of strikes within a certain window of time to be tameable-- requiring hunters to use Stampede and Dire Beast?

To say the true, I was a bit disappointed by firelands challenge pets - they weren't really hard to tame, just given various mechanics, plus those mechanics were on internet everywhere in a day or so after the patch, so not so much challenge with them.

What is not on the internet a day later?
    Even raid-boss tacs are available.... but still the execution demands some effort and practise.

Well as an example - firelands trash farnimg tactics were also on internet everywhere, but it wasn't that easy even if you knew how people do it. A secret mechanic would be a challenge in a single player game, probably, but not in online one. A secret mechanic and some smart/complicated way to overcome it - it can be a challenge

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    Well as an example - firelands trash farnimg tactics were also on internet everywhere, but it wasn't that easy even if you knew how people do it. A secret mechanic would be a challenge in a single player game, probably, but not in online one. A secret mechanic and some smart/complicated way to overcome it - it can be a challenge
    Raid vs Solo is Apples to Oranges. In a raid you have 9 or 24 other ppl to mess things up. Solo requires your own skill. The tactics being posted and properly executing those as a solo person are vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Raid vs Solo is Apples to Oranges.
    It's not raid vs solo, it's soloing the raid

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    id only like to see more of this if they instance it. on a busy pvp server its a nightmare getting the challenge pets.

By the way, it made me thinking about making special 1 player instances, like chronicles in Rift (yes, they borrowed some things from Rift already, please don't fanboy about it ) for hunter challenge pets, you just can't deny that soloing certain old raid bosses for mounts, etc. is much more of a challenge than kiting Deth
    Last edited by Zauber; 2012-07-18 at 10:00 AM.

I have a very special memory of coming back to WoW and exploring the Molten Front for the first time. A friendly mage told me that Deth'tilac was up and that I should try to tame it. When I took a moment to look the mob up online; I thought the Mage was trolling me and just wanted to see me get eaten. But she actually helped me kite it around and let it eat her Mirror Images to help the taming process along. It took a couple pulls to really figure it out but she stuck with me until the beast was tamed. I ended up naming the spider after the Mage. I'm not sure how flattering that actually is, though, looking back on it.

Even if these things are "figured out" online; I think the fun is in the execution. That tame wouldn't have been memorable at all if it had been a standard one. So I totally support more "challenge tames" cropping up in the future.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Not to mention you could just like... not read the strategies online. I didn't read them all, had to figure a few out for myself. And honestly, even that wasn't really difficult. Read tooltip on the pets buff... come up with a plan accordingly, test, repeat as needed. Like the others said, the fun is in the execution. It's a hell of a lot more interesting than freezing trap > tame beast.

I'd like to see it taken a step further; Put a pet inside a dungeon, and give it straight up boss fight style mechanics. Give it adds for the tank to deal with, raid damage for the healer to deal with, then let the Hunter deal directly with the beast, kiting/trapping/stunning/whatever until you can complete the tame. I know that's a lot of work just for what really only amounts to a unique skin for a pet, but damn that would be cool.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Cant wait to get back in the game.. seems alot has changed