Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Focal View Post
    Ughh, it's so ugly imo , I don't think I'll be using travel form again
    Wait, you think it's uglier than the Badlands cheetah model? What? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    I dunno, worked out OK for Trion -- Their petulant "BLIZZARD SUCKS BLIZZARD SUCKS" CEO-announcements managed to successfully sucker 200,000 of the more bitter ex-WoW players into clogging the pipes of Rift. I mean, if I had to compare the communities of WoW and Rift, Rift wins hands down for being a more throughly wretched pile of nonconstructive bickering/pandering I've ever seen.

And by "bitter" I mean, if anyone dares post any sort of constructive feedback anywhere on Trion forums, it's normally flooded out by 80 people going "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO BACK TO WOW" in about a half hour before the thread gets locked.

I mean, at least half of the threads I see on the General forums for WoW are people joking about crap. Nearly all I normally see on Trion's Rift forums are just full of trolling and anti-WoW lol-ing.

Trolololo.... wait you are being serious. Blizzard sucks now, they are changing a moderately challenging game, to a six year old i want t play pokemon, and have no idea what talent points are game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Limstella View Post
    Trolololo.... wait you are being serious. Blizzard sucks now, they are changing a moderately challenging game, to a six year old i want t play pokemon, and have no idea what talent points are game.
    And the award for terrible arguments goes to this guy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    "I walked out of the bar, reeking of smoke. The rain was pounding the pavement hard, just like my heart was pounding in my chest. Damn that Barbarra... Seductive and suave, a snake in a woman's skin. One drink turned to two, one word ran into sentences, one touch lead to a kiss. Droplets of water ran down my leather trenchcoat, mingling with sweat."

"I hailed a druid in stag form on the pavement, and he trotted by. "Where to, guv?" he asked, his miss-shapen lips struggling to bleat out the words correctly. "Away from here," I muttered, "and step on it."

Ugh...those blue posts about the tier skipping were painful to read. The players had some legitimate points, and it's disheartening to see a blue dismissing opinions that a large amount of the playerbase, including myself, share (not to mention how poor the arguments he presents are).

Quote Originally Posted by daoer View Post
    "I walked out of the bar, reeking of smoke. The rain was pounding the pavement hard, just like my heart was pounding in my chest. Damn that Barbarra... Seductive and suave, a snake in a woman's skin. One drink turned to two, one word ran into sentences, one touch lead to a kiss. Droplets of water ran down my leather trenchcoat, mingling with sweat."

"I hailed a druid in stag form on the pavement, and he trotted by. "Where to, guv?" he asked, his miss-shapen lips struggling to bleat out the words correctly. "Away from here," I muttered, "and step on it."
    lol...........

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertydood View Post
    Ugh...those blue posts about the tier skipping were painful to read. The players had some legitimate points, and it's disheartening to see a blue dismissing opinions that a large amount of the playerbase, including myself, share (not to mention how poor the arguments he presents are).
    Legitimate points? He refered to Bethesda and Skyrim as his examples! Those were not legitimate points - it was crappy arguments.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

awesome . cant wait anymore .

An Alliance stag versus a Horde stag...the Alliance stag would win! Why? Bigger horns! XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And that is a viable reason to lock people out of content, because people somehow feel unjustly treated when someone months later gets something they got when it was a bit harder. Boo-effin'-hoo.
    Be aware that your kind of attitude doesnt help this issue. And for your information people are not locked out of content, they never were, never will be. It is only them themselves locking them up with excuses and QQing. Every ounce of time and doing put into whining and asking for nerfs could be used for actually working out how to bypass this "impossible" brick wall.

Also it would be great if you actually take a look into that 100+ page thread and see how blue deliberetly avoids commenting on lack of consistency with Blizzard "play for challenge" attitude. Example: They bother to give custom exclusive armor sets for transmog in MoP as a incentive but somehow they have problems giving the same incentive right now with turning off the buff?. Unintended shortcoming eh?

Same with Heroic in general. If they want players to "Play for challenge itself" Why Heroic reward better loot then? Isnt challenge itself enough?

Face it... Because of Blizzard's lack of spine WoW is one huge inconsistent mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And that is a viable reason to lock people out of content, because people somehow feel unjustly treated when someone months later gets something they got when it was a bit harder. Boo-effin'-hoo.
    No one is locking anyone out of any content. There are 3 skills levels available for everyone to enjoy. Nerfing content is simply not a good solution.

Stag Form looks awesome imo. I can't wait to see what the Moonkin will look like (when they decide to update it).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of all the QQ about nerfs to raids.

EDIT: I'm tired about all of the QQ about LFR and LFD and skipping tiers and pretty much every single comment made in all of that.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-07-20 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valor of the Ancients A little easier to get valor points on alts now. Don't know when they added this though, could be old news :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    "Is your worth as a raider valued by what others achieve, or what you, by yourself, achieve?
    Prestige is not doing something anyone else can't do, prestige is doing something better than anyone else and being recognized as a consequence."

Fuck me, every blue post just reads as one big contradiction on this subject... Someone please explain to me how you are supposed to be recognised in achieving something in a game where it feels like everyone else is achieving the same thing?!
    First off, let me just point out... You were never recognized. Lower level players never looked up to you as the pinnacle of WoW playing. Not in vanilla, not in BC, not in WotLK, and, sensibly, not in cataclysm. You ask a newer player "So, what do you think about *hardcore raiding guild* being the first to kill HM DS 10 on your server?" Their response will not be "I hope someday to be as awesome as them!" It will be " what's 'HM 10 DS, and what's a *hardcore raiding guild?*" So don't fool yourself. The only people that care about hardcore progression are other hardcore guilds, and from experience they seem just as likely to demean each other in trade chat as they are to congratulate one another for... anything. If you were under the impression that anyone beyond this small group of people cared, ever, you were deluding yourself.

If what I've said is false, and you are truly after prestige for prestige's sake, then it would stand to reason that knowing that you cleared content first, got better gear first, and obtained achievements first would be enough. But that clearly isn't the case.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    The whole gearing up talk is just silly.

Honestly, if you rerolled a character in vanilla, when everyone were raiding AQ40, chances were that you would probably never get that character to AQ40.

Since every raiding guild, would focus their raiding hours on AQ40, and you had to start on MC, or could perhaps get a free run through BWL, although that was highly unlikely, since you wouldnt be able to tank or heal it, and the dps classes usually had something they still wanted from BWL (Hello asscandy)

Sure you could pug it, and roll 100 for gear, but by the time you would be ready for BWL, naxx would have launched, and you were at ground zero, trust me it sucked bigtime.

And anyone who were on BT in tbc, but had to run SSC to gear up new healers that your guild needed badly, hated it aswell, several months of terrible SSC, and you were back again, since it was the only option.

Now, guilds don't have to consider gear as much when recruiting new players, it's a catch 22 for Blizzard, "hardcore" raiders as they like to call themselves, hate going several steps back in tiers, to gear up new members, but heck if they want to see the same people, beeing able to gear themselves up to join them.

Obviously Blizzard arent going to change, they tried the old tier grind, and it sucked, you'd have the same people back whining tomorrow if they rolled it back with the "wtf we can't find any geared healers for our guild?!?!! QQ"
    you say that old way of doing things sucked. i say it's the holy grail of how an MMO should be. if you don't HAVE to do the previous tier to get the current tier, there is absolutely no reason for those tiers to exist. i wouldn't care how easy/hard the raids were if they'd just make it mandatory to go through every previous tier.

that said, i dont care what you think of me. if you think that ideology makes me an "elitest" then hell yes i'm an elitest AND PROUD OF IT! no I never reached endgame in vanilla OR bc. i started right before the release of aq40 and it was just like you said. AND I LIKED IT! when i finally reached the endgame in wrath, i felt robbed of the experiance. EVERYBODY had the gear i had. i had spent so many years looking up to these people that had the time and skills to get the best of the best. then when i was finally able to stand shoulder to shoulder with them, it meant absolutely nothing. i had been handed one of those stupid pointless "you participated" statues for 27th place.

that being said, i don't look down on people that can't accomplish the endgame as lesser gamers. like i said, i played through the difficulty like that and was one of them. as far as i'm concerned, i still am one and would be even if i gave enough of a shit to do the cata endgame. the fact that it is so readily available to me not want to try. so yeah, if i'm an elitest i'm one that doesn't live up to his own standards.

YAY MOP IN SEPTEMBER......when freakin COLLEGE STARTS...GG Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Focal View Post
    Ughh, it's so ugly imo , I don't think I'll be using travel form again
    The Alliance-White version looks exactly like Malorne, it has some incredibly awesome lore behind the new form. I'm totally stoked.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by daoer View Post

A most excellent first post, sir.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Stag, cool... Now, wheres my spirit wolf, tired of looking like a lvl 5 wolf....
    You are not a shifting master of many shapes. You lowly Shamans have been allowed your petty Ghostwolf shift, be grateful.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

If PVE trinkets are so damned powerful, they give one race an ability that allows them to use two PVE trinkets without any drawbacks. No one ever said their designers were brilliant.

Deleted
    Shit game, i had hope after beta was anounced for 1 time, but this class and overall changes ; iam done with blizzard and their games.