Poll: Choose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Evident by the severely lopsided poll results, there isn't much to debate. If given the choice whether to lose a vital sense or lose something typically regarded as non-essential.. it's easy to imagine where the vast majority of opinions will be.

Now, if it were: Blind, Deaf or Paraplegic...

I do find it interesting, however, that the general consensus against going deaf would be the loss of 'music'

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Deaf. I can't really explain why, just seems the slightly less terrifying option of the 3, to me.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by FireFyre View Post
    I'd choose mute. I don't talk a lot anyway.
    Exactly my reasoning.

mute seems a clear winner haha, I guess you can still understand people and function better as a mute.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrona View Post
    Hmm, picked mute, but now that I think bout it, I'd rather be deaf. Would be pretty peaceful, and no more distractions (well..noise distractions anyways) while reading.
    I once read that deaf people can still get tinnitus. Imagine having that and can't have anything to cover it up.

I'd go with mute, I am a very silent person anyway. And if I was deaf I wouldn't be able to communicate with my mouth anyway as I would be using the hand language thingy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mute. I can’t live without being able to see or hear. /respect to the blind and deaf people. And the mute, of course.

Mute. Probably choose blind last.

Most things that come out of my mouth is wrong anyways so Mute it is

Mute, as much as I like to talk its the lesser of three evils.

Deleted
    Ehm, can someone explain me what mute is? Cause I don't think it fits with the others if it means you can't speak.

Not being able to speak is a far less severe limitation than being deaf. Because when you're deaf you can't here ANYONE speak, instead of just yourself.
    I really don't think mute should be part of this comparison. It's by far the least difficult thing to live with.

Anyway, in a choice between deaf or blind, I'd definitely choose deaf. Sight is the most important sense of humans.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyVT View Post
    I do find it interesting, however, that the general consensus against going deaf would be the loss of 'music'
    I find music the least important sound to be missing. It's much more important to hear people talk or to be able to hear the traffic around you.

Deaf, a world where you can't see is so scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mute all the way, but if the choice was deaf or blind. While I love music I would choose to be deaf. Being able to see is just to big to give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd choose mute.

I would F&*%ING HATE to be deaf. I love music far too much to be deaf. I could deal with blind I guess, but who needs to talk? Seriously..

Quote Originally Posted by FireFyre View Post
    So, if you had to choose. Would you rather be deaf, blind or mute?

I'd choose mute. I don't talk a lot anyway.
    Same here.

My eyesight is most precious to me out of the three, then comes my hearing, then my speaking.....
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande