Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Still heavily unoptimized

With a system like mine (see my sig), I'm lucky if I'm breaking 40 FPS in the human starting zone right now with no one around. GPU usage is next to nothing, and it's 100% maxing my i5 2500. Not to mention I have AA off and shadows on medium.

With only a month until release, this has me worried. It's not like they can drastically recode the game at this point...
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing on an asus laptop and im perfectly fine. I just let the game auto-detect my settings and im sitting with no lag with over 20 people doing random events with me :P
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

I have a 5 year old computer and I used their auto-detect. Ended up with most settings on High and I have no lag in the mist with people spamming abilities

My fiancée has a old ass e8500 OC'd @ 3.9 and a 560ti 448 core, and was hitting ~45-50 fps last BWE. By comparison, I was 60+ the whole time.

It still uses your videocard, I think you're overestimating your videocards capabilities.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    lol i have a 11 year old pc quad core 2.8ghz asus P5nD GTS 250 4 gb ram i am haviung no problems >.>

I'm doing fine but my power supply almost killed itself on high settings... seems I need a new one to support GW2 in high graphics, thought my computer was gonna explode rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    My fiancée has a old ass e8500 OC'd @ 3.9 and a 560ti 448 core, and was hitting ~45-50 fps last BWE. By comparison, I was 60+ the whole time.

It still uses your videocard, I think you're overestimating your videocards capabilities.
    Not really. I'm sitting here with EVGA precision open on my other monitor, noticing my GPU usage never going above 35-40%. All the meanwhile the game's 2nd thread is absolutely thrashing my 2nd core to 100%.

There's tons of complaints on the forums already if you look of people losing drastic performance since the last beta.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Not really. I'm sitting here with EVGA precision open on my other monitor, noticing my GPU usage never going above 35-40%. All the meanwhile the game's 2nd thread is absolutely thrashing my 2nd core to 100%.

There's tons of complaints on the forums already if you look of people losing drastic performance since the last beta.
    You never stated you lost performance, you only stated it wasn't running well.

Was it better for you last beta?
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CatawasfailandsoarePandas View Post
    I'm doing fine but my power supply almost killed itself on high settings... seems I need a new one to support GW2 in high graphics, thought my computer was gonna explode rofl.
    Lol, I like your user name.

And OP i'll post me stats once I get in game..

patching.

Booo urns

Weird my 6970 is using 96%-100% and ~70% on my i5-2500k @ stock clocks, Nvidia driver issue maybe? Not dipped under 40fps acording to fraps and over 80fps in empty areas. (Max everything ofc!)
    Last edited by Lyaral; 2012-07-20 at 07:30 PM.

Yep, the same performance issues remain. 60-90% GPU usage with an erratic framerate between 20 and 60 and my hardware is perfectly capable of higher and more stable framerates on better looking games.

Seriously, nobody is getting a constant 60 all the time. You are talking rubbish. Go and put on a framerate counter and watch it.
    Last edited by Rodpad; 2012-07-20 at 07:15 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexise View Post
    lol i have a 11 year old pc quad core 2.8ghz asus P5nD GTS 250 4 gb ram i am haviung no problems >.>
    They didn't make quad core 2.8ghz computers 11 years ago.

Deleted
    yup, similar issue

my laptop (duo 2.2 ghz 4 gb ram gtx 460M) runs wow at 100-200 fps in high population areas, in GW2 in medium population areas i get 20-40.

its seriously annoying D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    yup, similar issue

my laptop (duo 2.2 ghz 4 gb ram gtx 460M) runs wow at 100-200 fps in high population areas, in GW2 in medium population areas i get 20-40.

its seriously annoying D:
    Comparing the performance of a game that's almost 8 years old (and runs on an engine that's even older) with one that hasn't hasn't even launched yet is not a valid complaint.

With a system like mine (see my sig), I'm lucky if I'm breaking 40 FPS in the human starting zone right now with no one around. GPU usage is next to nothing, and it's 100% maxing my i5 2500. Not to mention I have AA off and shadows on medium.

With only a month until release, this has me worried. It's not like they can drastically recode the game at this point...
    I have an i5 2500k (OC to 4.8) and GTX 560 ti, and the past 2 BWE I had everything maxed and probably never dipped below 40 unless it was in a very heavily compact area... (I mention it since it's similar to yours, save for...yeah, the huge OC..)

Not sure about now, will let you know when I get home.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm pretty sure it's something on your end, I'm still using a 9800gt which is super super old by tech standards most places don't even sell it anymore and my graphics are set to high and i'm getting very good fps and there's tons of people around me.

Any overclocks? Downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers (counting Beta drivers)?

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Any overclocks? Downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers (counting Beta drivers)?
    Have my 560 ti at stock settings and just double checked if there were more recent beta drivers available. I'm gonna jump back to the latest WHQL and report back.

I think the major issue that I've noticed though is that the first thread of the game maxes itself to 100% while leaving all the other threads (and cores) hovering around 30%. That makes little sense to me, and seems to be the reason why the game is choking itself out. It's essentially running on one core.

build pics

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    This guy is part of the IT Crowd, and very smart.

Check connections and hardware. Maybe RAM also...I mean...not breaking 40 is very odd. If it truly still is only optimized for Processor, then maybe that's the problem. I don't think so though...