Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My GPU load has peaked at 98%, gtx 580 if that matters.

I like when the masses say a game runs "smooth" for them and that it must be something on the other person's end. Yes, hovering around 30-60fps could be considered "smooth", but most enthusiasts definition would be 80+ fps.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While yes a few things need to still be fixed..we are MILES from BWE1 and 2. Lots of improvements have been made. Its running just fine on my rig *amd 2.9x4, 4 gig ram, 6850 HD 1gig* and I have faith that they will iron out the last of the problems b4 launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I like when the masses say a game runs "smooth" for them and that it must be something on the other person's end. Yes, hovering around 30-60fps could be considered "smooth", but most enthusiasts definition would be 80+ fps.
    Smooth is a locked 60fps vsync.

Or maybe 120fps if you have a 120hz monitor.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Smooth is a locked 60fps vsync.

Or maybe 120fps if you have a 120hz monitor.
    Lol, please don't get me started on the whole vsync debate. But yeah, I have a 120hz monitor so hopefully they can get their issues sorted out so I can actually take full advantage of it. 40-75fps doesnt cut it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Lol, please don't get me started on the whole vsync debate. But yeah, I have a 120hz monitor so hopefully they can get their issues sorted out so I can actually take full advantage of it. 40-75fps doesnt cut it for me.
    Not really much of a debate. Page tearing looks awful.

Currently, adjusting the core clock speed of the GPU or CPU typically results in lower performance.
    It is advised that you leave core clock speeds at factory defaults.
    From the official forums and a known problem.

Maybe this is why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    With a system like mine (see my sig), I'm lucky if I'm breaking 40 FPS in the human starting zone right now with no one around. GPU usage is next to nothing, and it's 100% maxing my i5 2500. Not to mention I have AA off and shadows on medium.

With only a month until release, this has me worried. It's not like they can drastically recode the game at this point...
    You have everything maxed and on a high resolution I wager?
    Your graphics card isn't THAT amazing. Might explain it. You haven't really shown what your CPU is at either.
    If you have overclocked anything on your PC, that might be the reason it loses performance. As someone else mentioned, they've stated it officialy.

I'm running it fine. No probs at all. Then again, my PC is better than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Your graphics card isn't THAT amazing. Might explain it. You haven't really shown what your CPU is at either.
    If you have overclocked anything on your PC, that might be the reason it loses performance. As someone else mentioned, they've stated it officialy.

An i5-2500 is locked, it's not a 2500k.

10+ Year Old Account
    My computer is running fine with my i5-3550k and 5850 radeon hd.

I have a feeling they are doing this shit on purpose. Compared to the other companies, ArenaNet has made this entire beta weekend feel like mainly a demo. I think they are waiting for release, and then they will optimize everything, and blow everyone's mind.

I hope this doesn't turn into another SWTOR part 2 performance issue. Where it runs "great" for some but like garbage for others.

Think I'll wait to see what happens after launch before slapping the money down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post

I have a feeling they are doing this shit on purpose. Compared to the other companies, ArenaNet has made this entire beta weekend feel like mainly a demo. I think they are waiting for release, and then they will optimize everything, and blow everyone's mind.
    Uhhh...really? Because they've been most emphatic that it's anything but. Optimization is an interesting thing, some changes will improve performance while other changes will improve performance in one metric but decrease performance in other metrics (rebalancing load). Different hardware, especially different generations and vendors, will react to changes in different ways (particularly graphics related).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I hope this doesn't turn into another SWTOR part 2 performance issue. Where it runs "great" for some but like garbage for others.

Think I'll wait to see what happens after launch before slapping the money down.
    ...this is Guild Wars 2.

Jus' sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post

That'd be pretty funny, and awesome.

As for FPS...I mean, it's hard to tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS sometimes. I know people say some people can't see the difference, which is true in certain circumstances. Though, there are plenty of places you can see a difference in a 30 FPS gap. However, I think if you're constantly in a state where you can identify yourself as not lagging, then it's pretty solid.

Like I said, I was always hovering around 60 with a build like yours, just the processor had 1.6 ghz on you. If it's still proc based, then that's why. Maybe pose the question/concern to the developers on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    ...this is Guild Wars 2.

Jus' sayin'
    That may be, but hearing about performance issues on strong hardware this late in the game is a bit disturbing.

That may be, but hearing about performance issues on strong hardware this late in the game is a bit disturbing.
    Hearing about and experiencing are two completely different things. I have heard lots of people bitch about performance problems, but on the 3 PCs (My PC, Fiancées PC and my gaming laptop), all with very different specs, I have yet to see any performance that wasn't reflective of their respective builds.

OMG WOW RUNS GOOD. Who the fuck cares...WoW is an 8 year old game with minor graphical updates ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

While my setup isn't stellar, it's far above average, and miles ahead of requirements.

Regardless, as I've stated before, my GPU usage isn't breaking 25-30%. That's obviously not the issue. My 2500 is just that, a 2500, so it's not overclocked. I also dropped from 1080p to my secondary monitor which is 720p. I gained a few FPS which was expected, yet it didn't prove drastic.

OT: I swapped back to WHQL drivers and disabled speedstep (power saving), still no change. As far as the exact setting causing the problem, it seems to be shadows. Changing -any- other setting from lowest to highest only nets a 1-2 FPS change. Shadows from medium to off increases my FPS by over 30. However, even with them off I'm not holding 60FPS, frequently dipping into the 30s whenever I run around or turn my camera.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-07-20 at 08:52 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Hearing about and experiencing are two completely different things. I have heard lots of people bitch about performance problems, but on the 3 PCs (My PC, Fiancées PC and my gaming laptop), all with very different specs, I have yet to see any performance that wasn't reflective of their respective builds.

OMG WOW RUNS GOOD. Who the fuck cares...WoW is an 8 year old game with minor graphical updates ffs.
    Disagree about WoW, it may be an old engine, but it certainly isn't running the same level of detail of 8 years ago. I'm not much of a WoW fan anymore, but MoP beta looks amazing, and runs just as amazing. I have to hand it to Blizzard, if nothing else, MoP is incredibly optimized, and the art department is doing their job.

But this isn't about WoW, and nothing will kill a game in this genre faster than performance issues. The demographic that plays this sort of game usually isn't on high end hardware. ArenaNet needs to make sure this game will run smoothly on mid pack hardware.

But this isn't about WoW, and nothing will kill a game in this genre faster than performance issues. The demographic that plays this sort of game usually isn't on high end hardware. ArenaNet needs to make sure this game will run smoothly on mid pack hardware.
    You are right, it is not about WoW, though the comparison tends to get brought up a lot in the handful of threads that appear every BWE.

The problem as I am seeing it, is not people on mid-pack hardware who have the good sense to turn down their settings, it is people in mid-high who are complaining that they cant push 60 fps at max on a 1920x1080 with a 200$ video card.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    From the official forums and a known problem.

Maybe this is why?
    Thanks, I've removed my GPU overclocked which has now somehow doubled my FPS. Strange bug.
    Performance still isn't great though, only about 30FPS on max settings with reduced shadows.