Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My only problem with GW2 camera is it's FoV. It's not really related to the playstyle which was great, but rather than an aesthetic issue. I would greatly appreciate if they would lets change the FoV in order to appreciate the awesome looking landscapes with a better view.
    Look how much space is covered by the floor in the camera view when trying to look around.

I remember a youtube video of a guy with a visual powerhouse playing GW2 (5x1 120hz Eyefinity 5400x1920) was a perfect example of the FoV issue. Look it up, though beyond that issue, it was quite breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    i use the mouse to move and it's still sluggish and slow compared to WoW

but i guess im wrong cuz i dont think gw2 is the great messiah which has come to save us from our sins and will reincarnate on easter sunday.
    The fact that you use WoW to base your opinions off of other games sums up just about everything.

"If it ain't like WoW, don't fix it!" loool

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 11:21 PM ----------

did i claim it was a universal fact? i never said anything. i just said what i experienced. that's all.

maybe you need reading glasses? >_>
    You didn't say it wasn't either

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.
    Can I make this my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    The fact that you use WoW to base your opinions off of other games sums up just about everything.

"If it ain't like WoW, don't fix it!" loool

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 11:21 PM ----------

You didn't say it wasn't either
    of all the complaints people have for WoW (and there are a lot, even i have loads of complaints about WoW and Blizzard but w/e) ive never heard anyone criticise its movement/camera responsiveness, control, or whatever verbs and adjective you want to use to describe the issue EVERY SINGLE OTHER mmo experiences. this leads me to believe that WoW has the best movement/camera responsiveness (widely agreed?) ... if its the best at something, why would you change it?

... to the 2nd part ... i also didnt call you smart, thus that must mean you're stupid (which would make sense for making that statement in the first place)

of all the complaints people have for WoW (and there are a lot, even i have loads of complaints about WoW and Blizzard but w/e) ive never heard anyone criticise its movement/camera responsiveness, control, or whatever verbs and adjective you want to use to describe the issue EVERY SINGLE OTHER mmo experiences. this leads me to believe that WoW has the best movement/camera responsiveness (widely agreed?) ... if its the best at something, why would you change it?

... to the 2nd part ... i also didnt call you smart, thus that must mean you're stupid (which would make sense for making that statement in the first place)
    Good lord. I...wont even bother.

This would be like talking to someone on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Can I make this my sig?
    Of course
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Good lord. I...wont even bother.

This would be like talking to someone on youtube.
    You should have seen the post before he edited out the first analogy he used. :/
    Along the lines of gayness and then got progressively more vulgar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I haven't played the game at all and it's hard to see things even through you've gone through the trouble of making a video, this is one of those things that must be "felt" and can't really be seen.

Here's my main question, is the GW2 movement system IDENTICAL to WoW's movement system or not? I'm a WASD player who uses the mouse solely for strafing, turning (holding right click while moving) and camera control.

Basically what I'm asking is, if I dropped WoW right now and jumped into GW2, would I be able to use exactly the same movement with WASD/mouse-strafing? And would the camera, turning and movement feel as instant and responsive as WoW's?
    (Note: Anyone saying "but that's not realistic!" needs to lock themselves in a room for a LONG time and think very hard about what they want from the game, because realism can go fuck itself when it comes to critical things like camera/turning/movement. Sluggish/slow/delayed movement and controls are unacceptable, period).

WoW's movement is basically the absolute perfection of movement controls and when another MMO tries to do anything else, it feels like a giant step backwards. I was able to get into Rift because it's camera/movement was an exact copy of WoW's. In some other MMO's the camera and turning felt so slow and sluggish (developers aiming for "realism" no doubt) I didn't even make it past level 1 before getting frustrated.

It would be like playing a first person shooter with your aiming "realistically" slowed down (because a real person can't turn that fast while holding an LMG!). Yay for realism but I'll still end up breaking my mouse out of frustration because the camera feels like moving through a sea of glue.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-25 at 05:32 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Basically what I'm asking is, if I dropped WoW right now and jumped into GW2, would I be able to use exactly the same movement with WASD/mouse-strafing?
    I could, and didn't have problems with it. Felt perfectly responsive to me, and I've seen others respond to this thread saying the same thing. I guess your mileage may vary or something.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I could, and didn't have problems with it. Felt perfectly responsive to me, and I've seen others respond to this thread saying the same thing. I guess your mileage may vary or something.
    Same here. I fiddled with my camera move speed for a few seconds and I was good to go. No problems since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    This vid sheds a bit more light on it:

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    That video is a bit out-dated, so I don't know how accurate that really is. There's keybindings for all the "targeting" things in that video that he brought up now, including call target. And also, usually what happens is when you fire a ranged attack, and you have a target, your character turns to aim the attack at the target, so he's off about "facing" to a degree. They could avoid the attack if they move right, but that's not the same thing.
    They also have the "free camera" toggle in options now, that prevents the camera from forcibly being positioned behind your character.

More to the topic of the discussion, look at the 4th minute. You'll see he uses the Guardian Greatsword #2, applying a symbol. You might note that the very moment the character pulls out the sword to use the move, the camera stops moving/spinning. Not floaty there in the least.

I think the issue that most people are having is that they're not used to circle-strafing in MMOs, since they can't do that while casting? I dunno. I circle-strafed all the time with my Enhance Shaman and my Rogue, so I'm used to using proper facing while circling the target.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Closing this. I think we've argued enough circles around, "I have an issue/think there is an issue with the camera in the game." and "Nope, works fine."