Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Don't insult them. It's the fault of Blizzard that the wording is indeed misleading. If any account can play on two different 'sub accounts' in the battle.net panel then the blue announcement 'you can not play on the same account' is completely unneeded. Say nothing if you can still let everyone play both on 1 battle.net account.
    The issue is that Blizzard worded it VERY poorly.

Previously, you needed a Beta Account, Beta Launcher, and Beta Install to play Beta, and a PTR Account, PTR Launcher, and PTR Install to play PTR.

Now the "Beta Launcher and Install" are the same as PTR. And you have a normal, PTR, and Beta account.

I cannot play PTR on my Beta Account, and vice versa, as the GM (poorly) said, just as I cannot play Cata content on my older (and inactive) Wrath account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The issue is that Blizzard worded it VERY poorly.

Previously, you needed a Beta Account, Beta Launcher, and Beta Install to play Beta, and a PTR Account, PTR Launcher, and PTR Install to play PTR.

Now the "Beta Launcher and Install" are the same as PTR. And you have a normal, PTR, and Beta account.

I cannot play PTR on my Beta Account, and vice versa, as the GM (poorly) said, just as I cannot play Cata content on my older (and inactive) Wrath account.
    I would just say "You can play both on the same battle.net account, though take care to use a different sub-account *or whatever it's called properly in the settings panel".

All this "you can not play both on the same account" is misleading bs, pardon the french. (even if it's technically 'complete')

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I would just say "You can play both on the same battle.net account, though take care to use a different sub-account *or whatever it's called properly in the settings panel".

All this "you can not play both on the same account" is misleading bs, pardon the french. (even if it's technically 'complete')
    They need to develop a better wording system. Even "Sub Account" is wholly incorrect (not insulting or anything). I currently have 5 Accounts.
    1 Main Cata
    1 Old BC (Inactive)
    1 Old Vanilla (Inactive)
    1 PTR
    1 Beta

When I log into wow on a new computer with no default settings, it asks me which WoW account I want (of the three non-ptr/beta). I can technically switch, but it'll tell me that I have no time on there.

Just the same, when I log into beta right now, it asks me if I want to play Beta or PTR account. And then I choose servers.

Each of those is an individual WoW account (I believe 'license' is the exact term), on your battle.net account. So they're saying you cannot play PTR on a Beta License.

Deleted
    If you ask me the whole 'battle.net merging' never got me convinced it's required. Maybe it's because I never understood why I should like Diablo when I play WoW (I don't like Diablo _at all_).

10+ Year Old Account
    The Battle.net merging is just the natural progression of things. It's Blizzard's version of Steam. I rather like it, just because I like things being organized and tidy.

Annoyingly though, and this is just my OCD. You cannot remove PTR 'accounts' from your battle.net once it's on there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The Battle.net merging is just the natural progression of things. It's Blizzard's version of Steam. I rather like it, just because I like things being organized and tidy.

Annoyingly though, and this is just my OCD. You cannot remove PTR 'accounts' from your battle.net once it's on there.
    Yes you can remove them. Just contact costumer service and mention which licenses you want removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop calling the PTR a beta it's not Beta its PTR...they are completely two different set ups.....its PTR or its Beta.....Beta allows you to level to level 90 and see all the MoP content....the PTR only allows you to 85 ....you don't get to see the MoP new content....and your only going to be able to see the event that brings us from Cata to MoP in the PTR....and new talents....