Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So, if you're in the beta and you have no other account, is it impossible to see PTR?

Or is there a 'trick' with a second 'account panel account' or so?

edit: PS. BTW, the PTR launcher here still launches the Beta installed on another location on the PC. I do not know if that's related to a forcing of using the Beta or the PTR *(i.e. being probably the _same_ thing in assets/engine) though I don't know if a redownloading of an installer would fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried, but you might be able to get on the PTR through a different (trial) account on your battle.net. Means you can't copy your normal toons though. You'd be stuck with premades, if those are available. And if premades are not available, you'd be stuck with level 1's with no connection to your normal account, so very, very little to test with.

But as I said, I haven't tried this, so no idea if my theory works or not. It used to be a workaround to get chars on the ptr when europe char copy was down.

You don't have a regular World of Warcraft account?

if not, then you can attach a trial account to your Battle.net account.

The PTR launcher launches the Beta on mine as well. The PTR and the beta use the same client. So I deleted my old WoW public test folder, since it's no longer needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I haven't tried, but you might be able to get on the PTR through a different (trial) account on your battle.net. Means you can't copy your normal toons though. You'd be stuck with premades, if those are available. And if premades are not available, you'd be stuck with level 1's with no connection to your normal account, so very, very little to test with.

But as I said, I haven't tried this, so no idea if my theory works or not. It used to be a workaround to get chars on the ptr when europe char copy was down.
    Hopefully it might, even if only for premades. I haven't seen it in action though though I had heard it works that way. Probably it wasn't just a rumor.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The PTR launcher launches the Beta on mine as well. The PTR and the beta use the same client. So I deleted my old WoW public test folder, since it's no longer needed.
    I'm not sure yet if that was right and the ptr beta are meant on purpose to use the same assets/engine (they will eventually, but not sure if it's meant that way for testing). I suspect there's still a small probability the PTR launcher is simply bugged. Unless it's redownloaded (not sure if that's available yet, it wasn't last time I checked).

What is probably going to happen is that the PTR will be very near if not identical with the Beta but mainly with the difference of being locked in 85 and out of Pandaria.

Hrm, perhaps we'll see the scenario of transition in beta..

10+ Year Old Account
    The Beta Launcher plays both Beta, and PTR. I have tested it (Read: I'm currently playing, and can seamlessly switch between Beta and PTR by simply logging out, changing account, and logging in)

I'm not sure how you can have beta while not having 'any other account'. you have to have SOMETHING.

Click on your main, active (or inactive!) WoW account. Wrath, Cata, whatever. Click on Additional Services. Click PTR. Transfer or make a new character. Download the Launcher.

If you have Beta, just click on beta and transfer characters.

When you log onto the Beta Launcher, it'll ask which ACCOUNT you want (For me, its WoW1 and WoW2. WoW1 is PTR, WoW2 is Beta).
    Click. Enjoy. (once PTR servers are done being wrecked by 100,000 people logging in)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The Beta Launcher plays both Beta, and PTR. I have tested it (Read: I'm currently playing, and can seamlessly switch between Beta and PTR by simply logging out, changing account, and logging in)

I'm not sure how you can have beta while not having 'any other account'. you have to have SOMETHING.

Click on your main, active (or inactive!) WoW account. Wrath, Cata, whatever. Click on Additional Services. Click PTR. Transfer or make a new character. Download the Launcher.

When you log onto the Beta Launcher, it'll ask which ACCOUNT you want (For me, its WoW1 and WoW2. WoW1 is PTR, WoW2 is Beta).
    Click. Enjoy. (once PTR servers are done being wrecked by 100,000 people logging in)
    Aha. That might clear everything. Ty. PS. PTR is already online? oO ok.

Yeah, I do have WoW2 on Beta. I'll see for 1.

Indeed. The main difference right off the bat that one would notice, is that on the beta, the character selection screen looks normal. But if you log in to the PTR (using the same beta client), you get the "upgrade your account to MoP" deal from the PTR character selection screen.

Deleted
    Error when transferring to '1'. I guess it's universal.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 11:43 PM ----------

Ah, it let me transfer on the other EU realm.

Bah... and it was said that you can!

according to the blue posts i have seen if you have beta access you can not be in the ptr.....

It will not be possible to access the 5.0.4 PTR realms with a game account that accesses the Mists of Pandaria Beta.

Deleted

Do you actually play PTR? I suppose you do from what you saying though not 100% if you mean you just log in.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 11:45 PM ----------

Here after a 'logging in' to a PTR realm it disconnects. Beta logs in normally.

Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    according to the blue posts i have seen if you have beta access you can not be in the ptr.....

It will not be possible to access the 5.0.4 PTR realms with a game account that accesses the Mists of Pandaria Beta.

Yes you can.

Yes you can.
    again according to the blue posts no you can not,......

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6008461841

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you actually been able to login and PLAY on the PTR with the Beta client AND have a Beta account?

Here is a problem I'm seeing.... I get into a que logging in with my "WoW1 PTR" account just fine... BUT if I cancel that and try to switch servers.. all the servers appear "LOCKED"

My Beta Client is Currently 5.0.3

The PTR Patch Notes are for 5.0.4

Is the PTR servers and PTR Client on a different patch revision?

EDIT: I'm getting on my wife's computer and downloading a clean PTR client using my daughter's account.... to test this....
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Have you actually been able to login and PLAY on the PTR with the Beta client AND have a Beta account?

Here is a problem I'm seeing.... I get into a que logging in with my "WoW1 PTR" account just fine... BUT if I cancel that and try to switch servers.. all the servers appear "LOCKED"

My Beta Client is Currently 5.0.3

The PTR Patch Notes are for 5.0.4

Is the PTR servers and PTR Client on a different patch revision?

EDIT: I'm getting on my wife's computer and downloading a clean PTR client using my daughter's account.... to test this....
    Also, I'm not sure if PTR is online at all.

edit: He might be right and it just needs to be online. Though I still suspect discrepancies between the engine/asset versions, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    again according to the blue posts no you can not,......

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6008461841

again, the amount of people who cannot read is getting old.

From the blue post:

This limitation is on each World of Warcraft license, and is not Battle.net account-based.

Note the bold.

I have successfully logged into the PTR and flew around (before I was DC'd). PTR meaning I was on the Anasterian realm. I can also log into the Beta realm (Lost Isles), with no issues. All with the same client. All on the same Battle.net account.

This isn't difficult people.
    Last edited by ablib; 2012-07-20 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my account page, if that clears things up.

Yes, you can play both. I am playing both.
    I log on WoW2 (Beta) and can go to pandaria and kill mogu on my 85. He's on Lost Isles server.
    I log off to the login screen.
    I switch to WoW1 (PTR)
    I log in, and can see new talents and crap. No Pandaria. He's on Anastarian server.

The PTR is online and functional. Just... It doesn't appreciate 1.6 trillion people frothing at the mouth trying to get in, which is what is happening.

Deleted
    again, the amount of people who cannot read is getting old.
    Don't insult them. It's the fault of Blizzard that the wording is indeed misleading. If any account can play on two different 'sub accounts' in the battle.net panel then the blue announcement 'you can not play on the same account' is completely unneeded. Say nothing if you can still let everyone play both on 1 battle.net account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Also, I'm not sure if PTR is online at all.

edit: He might be right and it just needs to be online. Though I still suspect discrepancies between the engine/asset versions, naturally.
    They are... Someone else in another thread an verifying some stuff like which mounts were and were not account wide on the PTR right now.. so they were ON the PTR. So they are UP...
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Deleted
    OK it seems fine according to the reports here.

It's just down because of oversaturation or bugs.