Healing companions: too many scoundrels/operatives?

Hello there folks. As per the title, am I mistaken or are most healer companions of these classes?

I mean:

Jedi Consular: theran cedrax, scoundrel
    Jedi Knight: Doc, scoundrel
    Smuggler: Guss tuno, scoundrel
    Trooper: Elara dorne, commando

Sith Warrior: Malavai quinn, operative
    Sith Inquisitor: Talos Drellik, operative
    Imperial Agent: Doctor lokin, operative
    Bounty Hunter: Mako, operative

So 7/8 companion healers are of this type of class, not a single force user companion and only one of the trooper/bounty hunter style.

This strikes me as odd. Am I the only one ?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine they wanted to limit the prevalence of Jedi with tons of super powers to just be playable characters. Plus they figured most people wanted to see any Jedi rolling with them swinging flashy sabers around as well. Kira comes to mind for the knight.

I would imagine it's easier to think you would run into tons of ops/smugg type classes than Jedi/Sith following you like a puppy. Maybe a tad disappointing for people who always roll with the healer and want diversty.

Good point, we want force-user healing companions.
    Also, Xalek (inquisitor) is only ranged dps force-user of all companions.

Tropper has it very good since they can just pass gear to Elara. It makes sence Tropper creates a squad so all of them are troppers, but the others are uninspired.

But would be nice to see a BH merc comp a real bodyguard or a healing sorc/sage, force imature or confused enough to join someone else team, but no baa everyone its either opr or scoundrel.

A Imperial Agent having to resort on a contracting a bodyguard(BH merc healer) to protect his ass due to paranoia of betrayal inside the Imperial forces, this would make so much more of a fun companion besides the insipid Dr Lokin that his half human half rackghoul but noone uses his rackgoul form since its useless

Or a Jedi turning a dark side young insecure sorceror to the light side, or the reverse a Sith turning a naive light force sage to the dark side with milk and cookies.

Ohh the possibilities, but no everyone is a god dam scoundrel/opr

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Good point, we want force-user healing companions.
    Also, Xalek (inquisitor) is only ranged dps force-user of all companions.
    Xalek is ranged tank, not ranged DPS. But actually, Ensign Temple(agent companion) is a ranged DPS companion who has the "Force Blast" as one of her attacks. She's a minor force user, but she hid her force sensitivity. Most of her attacks are weapon based, but to represent her low level force ability, she does actually use the force for one of her attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    the reverse a Sith turning a naive light force sage to the dark side with milk and cookies.
    That exists, just not a healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Xalek is ranged tank, not ranged DPS.
    ... Like most companions Xalek can fill 2 roles. Xalek can tank or dps...

http://www.torhead.com/ability/5R1Q4ab/force-conduit
    http://www.torhead.com/ability/dFpo3Zh/force-barrier
    Last edited by openair; 2012-07-22 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    ... Like most companions Xalek can fill 2 roles. Xalek can tank or dps...

http://www.torhead.com/ability/5R1Q4ab/force-conduit
    http://www.torhead.com/ability/dFpo3Zh/force-barrier
    Like all tank companions, he has a DPS stance, which even when active still leaves him TERRIBLY poor at actually dealing DPS(again, like all tank companions, their DPS is horrid even in DPS stance). He's classified in game as a TANK COMPANION, not a DPS companion, even with the DPS stance.