10+ Year Old Account

Considering a return to TOR, why or why shouldn't I?

Hello all! So I played TOR back when it first released. I got a sith assassin to level cap, but then quit shortly after. The problem, I think, was that I played almost 24/7 up to that point, and I believe that I burnt myself out on it.

Now I find myself with no good time sink, and TOR has been on my mind a lot lately. I seem to remember having a lot of fun with it before I got tired of it, but I may be imagining that...

Anyway, is there anything new worth checking out? What are some of your opinions on TOR over, say, Secret World (Which I'm currently subbed to, but not entirely thrilled with)? Is it worth coming back now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Before anything at all, I am slightly intoxicated. Okay... I am thoroughly intoxicated. Even typing this is a feat in itself.

Now back ontopic:

A lot has changed within the game. Whether it be its core structure or content. When you play a game '24/7' like you have said, you will become burned out no matter what. Personally, no game has held up to my own standards when I played it on a continuous basis except for Assassins Creed (single player).

If you were having framerate issues- a lot of the issues have been addressed, allowing the game to run much more smooth across many different computer variations. As for content: LFG adds a variety of different things for you to do. Just queue up and enjoy the ride. You get to grab a hold of Black Hole commendations used to purchase new gear as well as Daily commendations. New Daily Quests have been added that feel a lot less tedious but just as rewarding. The new HK companion coming soon gives players an incentive to level an alt on the opposing faction.

That is just barely scratching the surface. I will still continue on but I feel I need to go to sleep. I have just realized I am on my knees instead of in my computer chair that is right beside me. Toodles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    That is just barely scratching the surface. I will still continue on but I feel I need to go to sleep. I have just realized I am on my knees instead of in my computer chair that is right beside me. Toodles.
    Sounds like you're having a good night...

And serious question here, but doesn't ToR have a trial account system...I could have sworn my friends were telling me about it? If it does, why not pop on that and see if things have changed enough to bring you back? Granted you probably want to play your leveled toon with out making a new one.
    "I do not concern myself with gods and spirits, either good or evil, nor do I serve any."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    But yeah, I'll give you Glwys' soul in exchange for answers, Boub!
    And that's how I lost my soul...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glwys View Post
    Sounds like you're having a good night...

And serious question here, but doesn't ToR have a trial account system...I could have sworn my friends were telling me about it? If it does, why not pop on that and see if things have changed enough to bring you back? Granted you probably want to play your leveled toon with out making a new one.
    I honestly do not recall writing that.

Anyways, I don't think the Trial Account would show anything new except for having Sprint at level 1. Maybe if you quit due to latency/framerate issues you could notice a different, but that is about it.

Is there ever a reason not to try a free video game?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Give the trial a shot if you can't recall or like to see some game changes since launch. Threads like these always have subjective opinions and end up turning into a mud slinging contests. At the end of the day you have to make up your own mind.

Closed.