Poll: Do you see much of a future in WoW?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Well I finally did it. What do you see?

Finally after 5 years I cancelled my wow subscription. It was fun but i see nothing in the future I got Barely any gameplay out of Cataclysm it was just no fun. From what i've been reading mists isn't going to be any better. The journey in wow is over as soon as you hit 85 you jump straight into the final tier and raids are just lame now nothing epic about them they basically have shitty storyline not interesting at all and it doesn't seem to be changing. So my questions to youguys is:
    do you see much of a future for wow?
    If yes what kind of future? (as far as change in the game)
    If no state your reasons.
    Not as far as subscription count but as far as you personally playing it for much longer. and also if you answer post when you joined.

I see someone (You) Who is bored of WoW, I enjoy the pvp in this game and I don't PvE, I'll go PvE on Normal to see the content but not really a big pvp guy, you are just someone who is fed up with the same thing..It's alright

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

I stopped playing when I got bored. I came back when I decided I wanted to play again. No politics, no addiction, no nothing, I just come and go as I please.

And your poll is horribly loaded. Yes it has a future, a bright one at that. No, its not going to last forever.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    MOP has a great storyline("new" in terms of wow) and it will be an epic journey, who writes an article writes his opinion about it, yours might be different..i have not experienced mop to much yet(no beta), but ive watched streams and a lot of videos and it seems very well made, anyway we just have to wait and see, but im sure it will be an amazing experience!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seven years I've played the game OP, I pretty much retired in terms of well raiding and actually logging in. Only time I login is to troll / Mess around with my guildies or fly around pointlessly waiting for Diablo servers to come out

To be honest the future actually looks good, MoP is actually looking quite fresh to me and quite frankly I may come back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    Finally after 5 years I cancelled my wow subscription. It was fun but i see nothing in the future I got Barely any gameplay out of Cataclysm it was just no fun. From what i've been reading mists isn't going to be any better. The journey in wow is over as soon as you hit 85 you jump straight into the final tier and raids are just lame now nothing epic about them they basically have shitty storyline not interesting at all and it doesn't seem to be changing. So my questions to youguys is:
    do you see much of a future for wow?
    If yes what kind of future? (as far as change in the game)
    If no state your reasons.
    Not as far as subscription count but as far as you personally playing it for much longer. and also if you answer post when you joined.
    I joined about a month after the game first went live. What do i see? I see someone who obviously had very shallow reasons for attachment to the game if the only reason he is quitting is because the end game raid tiers are too accessable.

I personally forsee myself playing for quite a while. I like the fact that Mists is going to add a signifigant amount of Breadth (Pet battles, farming mini game, etc) instead of just piling more raid content on and calling it progress. Hell, the very accessability of raid content is a great change (the idea of being forced to slog through 3 tiers of raids one after another to get to the 4th just because you happened to join the party late always sucked).

As for the storyline. This is medeocre pulp fantasy we are talking about, not pulitzer prize winning fiction. I expect the story to be campy, outlandish and quirky, and it has not failed me yet.

Deleted
    I started playing a month before TBC came out. Reached level 70 in a few months. After learning to actually play to some extent and jumping through different guilds I ended up in my server's best guild around Xmas. Since WotLK I've always been in the better side of world top 100 guilds. I stopped playing when we had cleared T11 in Cata. Mostly because the game offers absolutely nothing outside raiding. I've completed every achievment doable solo or in small group and PvP balance is just a joke, I have no interest in playing a spec I dont like.

When Firelands came out I was asked to join a high-end guild end I returned. I only logged in for raids and after content was cleared I just logged in once a week for mainraid+alt raids. Shortly After we killed Madness I cancelled my sub. again as it is just pointless to keep raiding. The gear gives no edge in next tier as it'll be replaced by questing gear anyway. Molten Front/DMF had potential for some old-school like rep grind but surprisingly everything was capped again and there was nothing you could do so it just became slow and annoying grind to get Marks/DMF Tickets for anything you wanted. I dont understand why they dont just insert some repeatable quest so one would be able to farm and grind as he or she wants. I could be slow&hard&annoying but at least I wouldn't artificially increase content's longevity.

TLR Absolutely nothing to do outside raiding.

On MoP. I couldn't give a shit about pet battles and they seem to have a huge role in the expansion. Challenge modes seem fine but they don't have world wide scoreboard for speed clears so they lose their shine very quickly, also very group composition dependant but that's no problem. Raiding content seems to be a bit too easy right now but we'll see how that balances out.
    Last edited by mmocc9d032cf13; 2012-07-21 at 07:56 AM.

Everyone takes a break now and then, heck I've cancelled several times and returned.

Not saying that's how it is for everyone, but I doubt that anyone have played since launch, without a break of some sorts.

Well the general consensus I've seen in polls is each expansion was worse then the previous except the Burning Crusade, and most people agree that Kara, and Ulduar were the best raids, and that raid development started to go down hill after Ulduar. If the trend continues then Mists will be worse then Cata was, which I don't think will happen; Mists will have to be pretty shitty to be worse then Cata.

Deleted
    while im getting a bit bored with cata, MoP actually looks good. now the same happend around WotLK and when cata was coming. yet cata dissapointed quite a bit.
    so im being far more reserved about MoP, but its actually looking like one of the best expacks they made.

Your poll options are pretty stupid, tbh. Where's the "I'm enjoying the game, and I'll stop when I don't have fun playing it anymore."? you offer the two options that are on the opposite sides of the spectrum, so to speak. Kinda funny :P
    Check out my youtube channel!!! Gaming videos GALORE!!! :http://www.youtube.com/user/Antigravitydawgz

Your poll options are very unrealistic, but w/e.
    MoP is bringing some much needed stuff and some new interesting stuff that i definitely want to try out.

The 86% vs 13% results (when im writing this) kinda show that the "omg wow is dead" people are a screaming minority that really needs to chill the fuk out...

Nope, I'm an addict. At least its cheaper than being addicted to gambling /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you want phrase for quitting wow. I don't care if you quit, just do it, move on and stop bothering the players who still enjoy the game.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    MoP is bringing some much needed stuff and some new interesting stuff that i definitely want to try out.
    Examples?
    10c

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Examples?
    10c
    If you do not know what, you either have not bothered reading about MoP or you refuse to see what it brings.
    Either way, i can't be arsed to write what is already written on pretty much every mmo/wow-related website.
    Google it...

I started getting sick of Cata, and quit for a couple months, but Beta has brought me back full-throttle.

MoP is pretty amazing.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    If you do not know what, you either have not bothered reading about MoP or you refuse to see what it brings.
    Either way, i can't be arsed to write what is already written on pretty much every mmo/wow-related website.
    Google it...
    Oh I know everything coming in MoP. Less than handful of it is interesting though

Quote Originally Posted by Missdirect View Post
    Nope, I'm an addict. At least its cheaper than being addicted to gambling /shrug.
    This pretty much, sure I could stop playing and go out to clubs and whatnot, but I can't afford to shell out $100 a week on booze and taxis and whatnot.

See you in MOP Ill keep your seat warm