This is probably a really stupid question, but..

I've been looking forward to this game forever as has my girlfriend, but every PC in her house is total garbage. I've got an old tower here that my dad uses that looks like it has a better shot at running the game than any of her PCs, as she spends more than half her time at my house as is, but it would be preferable for her to play at home. Is logging in account based? Since the game has no subscription I assumed it was only activated via CD key like any other PC game, and was wondering if she bought one copy of the game if she would be able to try playing it in both locations without a problem, or if I'd need her to get two copies. Sorry for being stupid!

You can download the game online, you don't need the CD for it. You can have the game installed on each computer and log in from each computer any time you want.

The serial code is just to activate and authenticate your account.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same as a subscription MMO, she can play on two different PCs, just not at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could always tell your GF to stop hanging around your house all day, get a job, make some money, and buy a decent PC for around 480 bucks. I'm not trying to be an ass, or a life coach. I'm just saying it sounds like your GF is a lazy ass. Now if you guys are under the legal working age, then I will gladly take my words and eat them. So either a job, or my apologies.

Excuse me, as I have always been the "earn your keep" kind of guy. I've never been given freebees, never expect anyone else to want the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    You could always tell your GF to stop hanging around your house all day, get a job, make some money, and buy a decent PC for around 480 bucks. I'm not trying to be an ass, or a life coach. I'm just saying it sounds like your GF is a lazy ass. Now if you guys are under the legal working age, then I will gladly take my words and eat them. So either a job, or my apologies.

Excuse me, as I have always been the "earn your keep" kind of guy. I've never been given freebees, never expect anyone else to want the same.
    You say youre not trying to be an ass or a life coach but you seem to be pretty damn good at being both, how about a nobody asked you so stfu and crawl back under your hard earned rock.