Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Who keyboard turns?

In all seriousness, turning up the mouse rotation speed to ~1/3rd of the slider (with a 4500 dpi mouse mind you) eliminated any targeting problems I had. And why do you need to do quick 180 turns? There's a button for that (About Face in the first row of control options). It's just not enabled by default. I bound mine to X and it works great.
    No one, which is why I said that the least important issues come first. Is this where all the people that don't read come in?

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    No one, which is why I said that the least important issues come first. Is this where all the people that don't read come in?
    It was a joke chumpy, now respond to the rest of the post.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    What I see in that clip regarding "zooming" is what happens in most games (including WoW). You're in a tunnel, so when you pan, the camera is hitting solid objects and can't scroll to its normal full distance. If it did, it would be clipping through the wall and causing all sorts of problems.

Go in a cave in WoW and pan the camera around, the same thing happens
    Don't be silly, Look at the video again, there's a good distance to the nearest wall, there's no way it should pan all the way into my characters face, the zooming you mention is when I cross the bridge and the camera zooms in on the back of my characters.

Deleted
    It was a joke chumpy, now respond to the rest of the post.
    I don't know what you mean by targeting problems. Also, are you seriously asking why someone would want to turn around quickly?

Deleted
    Personally I like the slight easing in/out the movement and camera has in GW2 - it gives movement a certain weight and swooshyness. Takes some getting used to but after a BWE coming back to WoW feels really "dry" or "cardboardy" to me (dunno how else to explain :P).

I know what you mean though, WoW's input is 1:1 which allows precision movement and is easier to estimate in the heat of the battle. The only thing I wish they'd redo in GW2 is the jumping, the jump arc feels too heavy. Only Asura characters seem to jump properly.

On the subject of camera, there is NO options to turn off mouse smoothing or mouse acceration (a.k.a. console-port pc games' option menu).

Glad somebody made a thread like this. I really dislike the delays and movement to the point where I doubt I'll end up playing this a week after release.

It's a shame as otherwise I was really liking some of the things in the game.

I like my character movement, animations and camera to be instant in an MMO. It's part of the reason why I enjoy WoW's combat so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebleCow View Post
    Don't be silly, Look at the video again, there's a good distance to the nearest wall, there's no way it should pan all the way into my characters face, the zooming you mention is when I cross the bridge and the camera zooms in on the back of my characters.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Since you seem to have experienced at least one of my issues mentioned in the OP, have you noticed any jittering?

'Moving my mouse so that my character changes from turning right to left or left to right, he jitters as if he is being battered by air resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I don't know what you mean by targeting problems. Also, are you seriously asking why someone would want to turn around quickly?
    Turning is much quicker when you increase mouse rotation.

And the About Face keyboard command eliminates any need to mouse turn 180 degrees. Try it out.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    first thing you should do in gw2 is map A and D to strafe left and right, then map Q and E to the 7 and 8 abilities (or 6, but i like healing mapped to mousebutton5 to keep it separate from damage binds)

Deleted
    Turning is much quicker when you increase mouse rotation.

And the About Face keyboard command eliminates any need to mouse turn 180 degrees. Try it out.
    Ah! So you haven't read the post. There was a reason I added those notes, by the way. :/

The fact that you think it's wrong is.. wrong. Your opinions on games are biased due to WoW. If you had never played WoW and had played gw2 or games like gw2 your opinion on the game would a more positive one.

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    first thing you should do in gw2 is map A and D to strafe left and right, then map Q and E to the 7 and 8 abilities (or 6, but i like healing mapped to mousebutton5 to keep it separate from damage binds)
    Well that has a whole lot of nothing to do with anything.

in its current form both movement and camera are unacceptable

some personal issues i cant get over; apart from delay; i often find the character stuck as in i cant change the movement/stop for a moment, i cant properly zoom in/out while running, you can't turn the camera around smoothly, it's slow and clunky... so annoying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indexlol View Post
    The fact that you think it's wrong is.. wrong. Your opinions on games are biased due to WoW. If you had never played WoW and had played gw2 or games like gw2 your opinion on the game would a more positive one.
    Again, read the damn thread. You surely cannot be saying that the experience that I am experiencing is developer intended?

I think that delayed movement in a pvp heavy game is going to cause problems...But that is just me, I really got annoyed trying to move around ( and then falling through the world) The game looked GREAT but they do need to fix the movement delay.

If you want to discuss issues with the game, that's fine. But posting a thread that's basically a direct comparison game vs. game thread isn't going to end well (and it's against forum rules). Closing this down.