Poll: ???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It would be a nice gesture if he did, but he should feel no obligation to do so. Its not in anyway his resposibility to do nor is it his fault some psycho went nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Some lighting guy accidentally walks onto the set of Terminator Salvation to fix something during filming and Bale goes totally apeshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA
    I thought it would be cool if he visited these people in the hospital until I heard this.

For the sake of the children, please god don't send Christian Bale. Send Gary Busey before you send Christian Bale. Please.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

10+ Year Old Account
    If he does go then people will likely accuse him of using it to get some PR, and if he doesn't then people will accuse him of being heartless. It's put him in a pretty awkward position to be sure.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

dumb.. he doesnt owe anyone anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Vekrah View Post
    I thought it would be cool if he visited these people in the hospital until I heard this.

For the sake of the children, please god don't send Christian Bale. Send Gary Busey before you send Christian Bale. Please.
    He actually apologized for this. So yeah, he is still cool.

It would be in poor taste. And even if it wasn't they'd be accused of cashing in on a tragedy by promoting Batman (as if it hasn't got enough publicity it didn't want).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    It would be in poor taste. And even if it wasn't they'd be accused of cashing in on a tragedy by promoting Batman (as if it hasn't got enough publicity it didn't want).
    Didnt want publicity? Really? Are you sure? This couldnt have been better for the Production company... more publicity than anyone could have ever asked for!

I think one thing has nothing to do with the other. Christian Bale/Batman/Nolan etc is irrelevant.

Posting something like that on facebook is pathetic, the actor has got nothing to do with the fact some nut decided to shoot people, think the president will visit the hospital anyway and why would it make things better if Bale would visit ? its an utterly retarded way of thinking " YAY i survived joker shooting at me and now i finally get to see the guy playing Batman, FUCK YEA!""

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    It depends on how it would be done. If he came in under the radar, and just did it himself without making a huge PR stunt out of it, then he wouldn't be accused of cashing in.

However, if he came in with lights and cameras blazing and everyone in the world knew he was coming, then yeah, pr stunt.

I think he could visit them as himself...honestly I don't like the batman suit in any of the movies...it just looks horrible and if I ever saw it in person I would probably think it was even worse.

I think it would be even better for him not to go mostly because there could be a lot of mental issues with the shooting and since he is the batman of today some people might over react...

Bale is the kind of guy that will beat the hell out of you for approaching him in public, I don't think he is the type to do that easily.
    Anne Hathaway on the other hand I am shocked is not out there rite now.

10+ Year Old Account
    its best if he didnt visit at all and just set out a public announcement if he has yet to make one

I think it would be borderline awkward / inappropriate for the victims and for him.

I imagine everyone would like to just move on, and see the guy brought to justice.

I feel evil though that I actually laughed out loud and cringed at the hideous mental image of him showing up dressed as batman to a hospital, like he was coming to belatedly save the day or something... ugh.

I liked the idea someone put up where he should visit the prison where the shooter is held while dressed as batman. Beat the crap out of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's really not necessary, considering people are blaming the movie for the shooter's actions. I mean, imagine the mob scene if he shows up.

No. That's a horrible idea. Send your thoughts and prayers, and leave it at that.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    He really doesn't have to. This girl is trying to start something deemed good, but all it does is put Christian Bale in this awkward position where he'll be branded as heartless if he doesn't visit these people.
    ^ alla this

I think it would be "a nice gesture" on his part, and it would be really good PR for the film.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    What uh... why? He's an actor, not goddamn Batman.
    This is so dumb it actually made my brain hurt.

Also, this ^

Why is this dumb? If your brain hurt I don't understand why.

Many people are probably fans of Christian and I don't think it would be bad if he visited as himself.

He should not visit.
    Also why was there kids watching that film at midnight in the first place?
    https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Batman