Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Actually have an in the works raid and a raid I've been sitting on for a little while, and am unsure which one to focus on atm.

As soon as I make a decision, I'll post the framework for said raid. Be prepared!

Edit: I'm glad to see more people jumping in. :]

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice one Leo

On another note, Chemicader your latest raid (Dalaran) got you a 4th place

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Yeah, am bored out of my mind from Dragon Soul and honor caps and jp caps are already gathered, just my weekly mount farms and still a couple dailies until MoP so I can use my time here quite freely.
    Hope you enjoy my new focus on the story of the raid, I personally liked the idea about an Emerald Dream raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    How long is the Hogger fight? 100 hours of constant dps? WTB the gold, but damn gold cap... Also 1000 adds as a fight, damn :P
    Yep! The stakes and the rewards have to be intense, it's the supposed last raid of the final expansion

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intense sounds about right how many players will die at their pcs before killing this? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowly climbing higher, I hope my War of Dreams will go even higher

I don't think so xD
    *shakes all 8 tentacles in anger*

How about giving him some badass wings, I'd like to have an unique hydra boss . The generic hydra's are so meh :P

Also, I've finished my raid layout. It was quite some writing (for my doing), but its worth reading to see how the raid goes. I've tried to not make the raid too repetetive, it would've been boring if you had to fight at ALL 4 obelisks, and only attacking waves of thrash. Instead, I've tried to put in tons of variaty. For example, the revenant and blood elf thrash are in packs, and have to be pulled. The naga thrash during the 4th obelisk are in waves, and the naga thrash on boat is an unique way to kill the majorits with cannons. Altrough you still have to kill some on ship.

Also added my achievement called ''Fish Stick'', which is imo quite a fitting name, looking at what you need to do :P

I'll try to create the boss abilities and quotes of the first one today, and eventually more area's.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know you want your unique hydra but it's not a monster within WoW :P Shake those tentacles! lol

I thought I should have a go with this, since it seems fun, be kind
    This post is very much WIP and hopefully I won't go bored of it and "finish" it before MoP. I'm not really a lore freak so it might contain some lore inaccuracy.

Instance name: The Iron Stronghold

Backstory:
    While the Alliance and Horde have been focusing on defeating Deathwing, much has happened in the Searing Gorge, not far from the major city of Ironforge. After Ragnaros' met his demise in the Firelands the Iron dwarves escaped from his slavery, but they were unable to cooperate with the rest of the alliance and were thrown out of Ironforge. Dagran Thaurissan the younger grew up and claimed his throne as leader of the Dark Iron Dwarves, but it was quickly realized that he was drunk on power and he quickly started his quest to build an army large enough to overthrow the alliance and the horde and claim his role as conqueror of Azeroth. He enslaved many of the elementals from Blackrock Mountain to work for him, as well as a lot of iron dwarves. His plans stirred up a lot of disagreements in the Dark Iron community and he imprisoned or killed many traitors within his own ranks, including his mother, Moira.

Instance layout:
    You enter the instance through one of the gates on the front of the instance and find yourself in the guards' quarter. The trash here is mostly dark iron guards and after your clear through the first room and corridor you reach the first boss, Master Guard Hansel, a former member of the Thorium Brotherhood who rejoined the Dark Iron force in search of power. Upon defeating him the gate behind him will open and you can enter the main area of the instance. At this point you have two different choices, either head right into the mines or onwards towards the forge, you will need to clear both areas before the gate to the left, up the stairs to the upper quarters open. Inside the mine the trash consists of iron dwarf slaves mining along as well as some earthen elementals. The boss of this quarter is Obsidion, the elemental enslaved to oversee the mining.
    As you move into the forge, the trash is fire elementals, and so is the next boss, the Pyroguard Emberseer. After defeating him and Obsidion, the gate to the upper quarter opens. As you move through the upper quarters, you enter the hall of the deceased. This hall is a tribute to those who have fallen, but also haunted by those who were murdered. And the end of the hall the boss, The Ghost of Moira Thaurissan roams, she is the 4th boss.
    You continue onwards, and reach the fifth boss, the Dark Iron Council. It consists of Farna Flametounge, a mage who left Ironforge when the Dark Iron were thrown out, High General Angerforge, a former resident of Blackrock Depths who managed to get away from Blackrock Depths alive and Lokhtos Darkbringer (formerly Darkbarginer), a former Thorium Brotherhood member who was recruited by Dagran Thaurissan himself. And finally the endboss, Dagran Thaurissan.

Boss details and abilities: (I have purposely not included fixed damage or HPs but rather statements like "low damage" or "high damage" to be more timeless, see the abilities as heroic mode).

Master Guard Hansel

Phase 1, 100% -> 30%:

Summon Dark Iron Guardsman: Summons a Dark Iron Guardsman. Casted every 5-6 seconds. (See more below)

Summon Dark Iron Blademaster: Summons a Dark Iron Blademaster. Casted every 30-40 seconds. (See more below)

Interrupting roar: A powerful roar that hits the whole raid for moderate damage, and interrupts spellcasting on all enemies within 15 yard range.

Impaling throw: Hansel throws his spear on two (10-man: one) targets, dealing high damage and leaving a DoT ticking for physical damage. Lasts until the target is healed to 100% HP.

Hammer throw: Hansel throws his hammer to a location in range. The hammer takes a few seconds to travel to the location, which is visible in advance by a marker. Anyone who gets hit by the hammer will take one-shotting damage. The hammer will only be thrown at people standing at range. If there are less than 10 people (10-man: 4) at range, the hammer can be thrown in melee.

Phase 2: 30% -> 0%

Enrage: Hansel deals 5% increased damage with all abilities. This slowly stacks over time.

Swirling cleave: Deals high damage in a 360 degree cleave around Hansel. Damage is split between everyone hit.

Wounding strike: A wounding strike leaving the "Struck" debuff on Hansel's current target. Struck: Absorbs healing equal to 10 times of the target's HP.

Adds:

Dark Iron Guardsman: A low HP add, no special abilities, just melee hits.

Dark Iron Blademaster: A higher HP add.
    Enrage: Just like Hansel in phase 2, the blademaster's damage increases over time.
    Whirlwind: A hard-hitting 360 degree whirlwind attack.

The other bosses will be added as time passes.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome aboard Sildor, people find it can be addictive lol. Don't worry about lore in-accuracy, you can write your own made up lore as long as it exists in the world and has NPCs/Bosses based on it. Note the bosses/npcs can have different names and your own abilities but they cannot be entirely made up of random creature that does not exist in the world Just a friendly tip.

My first boss in the Battle of the Frozen Throne is now ready, with full fleshed out abilities and quotes. Also added some new zones and achievements. Looking forward to do Lady Vash next.

I'm also stuck with one thing, I just don't know what to fully call my raid... either ''Battle of the Frozen Throne'' or just ''The Frozen Throne''. Should I even keep the ''The'' in ''THE Frozen Throne''? Whats the best name ;(

I know you want your unique hydra but it's not a monster within WoW :P Shake those tentacles! lol
    It now has 2 entirely different heads that came from other hydras, so he's still a typical hydra :P

That is acceptable.. right? *All 3 heads from Ghi'dorath stare angrily at you*

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your choice on name, not sure myself. Hmm well you could I suppose technically have it a little like a giant hydra with each head being it's own mobs similiar to that boss in Ulduar forget the name with the 2 hands.

The Sundered Monolith

The Sundered Monolith has existed since the golden age of the Nerubian Empire, before the Rise of the Lich King and the War of the Spider. Since the fall of the ancient Nerubians, the Sundered Monolith has existed as a community for refuge’s since the war. Residing deep beneath the ice of Dragonblight, the Xenophobic Nerubians have never been friendly with the other mortal races, but have never had the numbers or the capacity to wage open war against those that invade what they perceive to be their homeland of Northrend.

However, things have changed. The Lich King has fallen, and thanks to the massive stash of eggs hidden, the Nerubians numbers have risen once more. [This is referenced in the Don’t Forget the Eggs! quest.] With the Scourge passive and contained under the dominion of the new Lich King, the Nerubians have shifted their focus. Now, venerating orders from a mysterious “unseen emporer” that supposedly resides somewhere deep within Azjol-Nerub, the Nerubians launch an attack against across Northrend.
    The Sundered Monolith has become the new staging ground for the Nerubian menace, where Nerubians gather before they march to war. Heroes and Adventurers are recruited by the various natives of Northrend to delve into the Sundered Monolith, and stop these attacks at their heart.

Raid Layout:
    Nerubian Architecture
    Nerubian Architecture
    Nerubian Hive

Floor One: The Spider Garrison
    The Uppermost floor and the first that adventurers will enter, the first floor serves as the garrison for the majority of the Sundered Monoliths warriors. The architecture is very efficient and straight-forward, designed to be easily accessible for the Warriors to quickly rush to combat, and is short on intricate design and murals. Adventurers will be forced to battle through compact patrols of Warriors who roam the halls, in order to face the Overseer of the garrison, General Fa'Uron. Only by defeating this massive nerubian warrior and his elite guard will heroes be able to venture deeper into the Sundered Monolith.

Floor Two: The Lair of Athronox
    The second floor of the Sundered Monolith, descending down from the surface, is referred to as the Lair of Athronox. While once a prime hub for the many workers of the Sundered Monolith, the area has been mostly vacated for use in training and breeding the terrible brood of Athronox. Swarms of gigantic spiders roam the floor, overseen by their Nerubian masters. Webbing covers the halls, and blots out passageways, as victims entirely cocooned inside are seen preserved for later feeding to the many broodlings. If they heroes break these trapped denizens out of their cocoons, they will accompany the raid for a time, helping face the massive hordes of spiders that roam the halls. At the end of this massive floor is the Broodmother, Athronox herself. In order to continue on, players are not nessecarily required to slay the massive Spider, but doing so will cause the many trash on the floor to cease respawning.

Floor Three: The Hub of Shadows
    The third floor of the Sundered Monolith is the primary hub of Nerubian workers and civilians, quickly evacuated whenever news of the invading heroes arrived. Now, only Viziers and Overseers remain as hostile to the adventurers. Many workers and refugees can be seen fleeing as the group of heroes advances, but will not attack unless first attacked. Here we see the finest of Nerubian Architecture, with spiraling towers and sprawled murals of arachnid and qiraji design across the walls. In the center of the floor resides the Magister Ul'Tomon, where he preaches the words of the mysterious Spider King to the civilians of the Sundered Monolith, spreading their dark propaganda. Players must face and vanquish the voice of the Spider King if they wish to continue onwards, down into the lower bowels of the Sundered Monolith.

Floor Four: The Storage Floor
    The fourth floor of the Sundered Monolith serves as another hub of fleeing Nerubians, but is also where the major supplies of the Sundered Monolith are kept. Here, food and water is stockpiled, and recently the Nerubians have begun to stockpile their weapons of war here as well. Like the first floor, it is built more for efficiency than design, but shares many charecteristics with the upper Third Floor, and is very remniscient of the natural Architecture of Azjol'Nerub. Deep inside the Floor resides the greatest weapon of war available to the Sundered Monolith: The Obsidian Destroyer. The Destroyer remains inert, waiting to be unleashed upon the surface: But similairly, it will not engage the raid of its own volition, and as such is not required to be killed to advance to the next floor.

Floor Five: Sanctum of the Spiderlords
    The fifth floor is one reserved for the Spiderlords and Seers of the Sundered Monolith. It is here where the designs most resemble ancient Azjol'Nerub, with ancient muralsa nd designs dedicated to long forgotten gods, with giant bunkers and sprawling towers that date back to ancient eras, before the War of the Spider. It is here where the masterminds of the Sundered Monolith reside, led by the Broodlord Sythas himself. Players must battle their way trough Spider lords and Viziers alike to progress through the floor, to face the Broodlord. Only by slaying Sythas can players progress further downward, to the sixth and final floor.

Floor Six: The Throne of the Queen
    The sixth floor, like the name suggests, is reserved only for the Queen herself, and other egg-laying females of the Sundered Monolith. However, when the heroes arrive, only the Queen will be present, all other females whisked away to safety to ensure that the Monolith's community lives on, deep within Azjol'Nerub. Unlike what the name suggests, there is no physical seat for the queen, and the area is simple a massive cavern, with nerubian designs etched into the vary walls, some of the most ancient and primitive designs made by the early nerubians. It is here where Azhuul'Mehab resides, awaiting her final confrontation with the heroes of the surface, and to avenge her fallen people.

Bosses:

General Fa'Uron
    <Warlord of the Sundered Monolith>
    Leader of the invasion of Dragonblight, and first defender of the Sundered Monolith, Fa'Uron is the leading general of the armies of the Sundered Monolith. It is only fitting he resides in the uppermost floor, reserved for warriors and defenders of the Monolith, and is the first major encounter the players come across. His Honor Guard accompanies him into battle, as they combine forces to slaughter any adventurers who seek to delve deeper into the Monolith.

-Fight Summary-
    Fa'Uron is an introductory boss, and as such his mechanics aren't particularly complex at first glance. He provides a DPS and Heal check on the raid, with unavoidable but consistent damage, and relatively easy target swapping required. A manageable amount of raid coordination is required to stagger the deaths of each Honor Guard, to avoid him regaining too much health from either Rejuvenating Essence or Siphoning Strikes, and making sure the raid and tanks d not become overwhelmed from damage of either the Honor or Shadow Guards. Additionally, this will provide time between Carrion Beetles so that the raid may deal with them as well in an orderly fashion. As long as the raid keeps careful damage distribution and adequate amounts of damage and healing, Fa'Uron is a simple and challenging encounter to start players off inside the Sundered Monolith.
    ---

Fa'Uron:
    Arcing Strike: Fa'Uron will periodically cast Arcing Strike, dealing a large amount of damage distributed to all enemies in a cone in front of him.

Horrifying Scream: Fa'Uron periodically releases a powerful scream in a random direction, fearing all raid members struck for 3 seconds and causing them to take shadow damage every second while feared. Dispellable.

Disorienting Shout: Fa'Uron periodically lets out a loud shout, interrupting any spells currently being cast and silencing them for 4 seconds if a spell is interrupted.

Carrion Beetles: Whenever of any of Fa'Uron's guards are killed, he will summon 4-12 Carrion Beetles from their corpse 15 seconds later. The number of beetles starts at 4, and increases as the fight goes on, reaching a maximum at 4 minutes.
    Carrion Beetle: Carrion Beetles have a low amount of health and damage, but move extremely quickly and have no threat table. Additionally, they take 90% reduced AoE damage, and gain extra bonus' depending on what Guard they were spawned from.

Guards of Fa'Uron:
    During the encounter, the raid faces Fa'Uron, and the adds he periodically summons to defend him. He will summon two of three random adds every 40 seconds, which give certain effects to Fa'Uron temporarily on death. On heroic difficulty, he summons these adds every 25 seconds.

Honor Guard:[Red] The Honor Guard can be identified easily by their red armor, and are the hardest hitting adds. They have a mediocre amount of health, and give Fa'Uron Enraged Blows when killed. Beetles spawned from Honor Guards attack at double speed.
    Rapid Strikes: The Honor Guard periodically gains Rapid Strikes, increasing attack speed by 50% for 4 seconds. Used with increasing frequency the longer the guard lives.
    Enraged Blows: Causes Fa'Uron to deal 50% additional physical damage for 30 seconds after the Honor Guard is slain.On Heroic difficulty, this effect lasts 60 seconds.

Arachnid Guard[Green]: The Arachnid Guard can be identified easily by their green armor, and have the highest health of all the adds. They have mediocre attack damage, and give Fa'Uron Siphoning Strikes upon death. Beetles spawned from Arachnid Guard reduce the movement speed of targets they strike by 10%, stacking up to 5 times.
    Rejuvenating Essence: The Arachnid Guard passively cause Fa'Uron and any other living guards to naturally regenerate a small % of their health every second. This amount increases the longer the Arachnid Guard is alive.
    Siphoning Strikes: Causes Fa'Uron to gain a % of all physical damage he deals as health for 30 seconds after the Arachnid Guard has been slain. On Heroic difficulty, this effect lasts 60 seconds.

Shadow Guard[Blue]: The Shadow Guard can be easily identified by their blue armor, and have mediocre health. These will consistently cast Shadow Bolt instead of auto-attacking, and give Fa'Uron access to the Fury of the Spider ability upon death. Beetles spawned from Shadow Guards inflict a stacking debuff on auto attacks that reduces healing taken on the victim by 5% per stack, stacking up to 20 times.
    Shadow Bolt: Deals shadow damage to a random raid member, and all other raid members within 6 yards. Damage increases the long the Shadow Guard is alive.
    Fury of the Spider: Fa'Uron deals physical damage to all raid members every second for 20 seconds after a Shadow Guard dies. On Heroic difficulty, this effect lasts 40 seconds.

Quotes

Aggro: "Am nu kasha! Death to the Invaders!"
    Kill[1]: "More food for the brood..."
    Kill[2]: "Another falls."
    Summon Guards: "Come guardians of the monolith, join me in glorious combat!"
    Honor Guard Dies: "A brave defender falls..."
    Arachnid Guard Dies: "Damn you, intruders!"
    Shadow Guard Dies: "You will pay for your folly."
    Death: "Alert... The Queen..."

Athronox
    <The Great Arachnid>
    A massive spider kept underneath Dragonblight, Athronox alone is responsible sinking entire villages beneath the icy waste. Kept in a massive webbed chamber amidst the second floor of the Sundered Monolith, the spider is tended too by the Broodguards charged with harvesting its spawn for use in the war of the surface. Players must face the massive arachnid in its own lair if they wish to stop the monsters reign of destruction, and protect the villages of Northrend from further assaults.

-Fight Summary-
    Athronox is, in essence, a dual-encounter. Players must be allocated between the upper and lower webs, only ever merging into one solid force to disperse the Broodguards below, but risking releasing the Broodlings of Athronox to assault the raid. Players on the Upper Web must maintain constant movement between 4 set platforms, to avoid Venom Pools. Healers must manage dispelling Webbing spewed across the raid, and healing through increasing stacks of Venom, along with Poison Bolts and Spew Venom. Additionally, players must watch for Athronox's Looming Threat, which will require quick response from the player and the raid as Athronox completely repositions himself and resets all Aggro. Players on the Lower Web must deal with the increasing number of Broodguards, while they dispatch the Eggs of Athronox to ensure Broodlings do not appear to overwhelm the raid. With adequate coordination between both groups, players can defeat Athronox.
    ---

The Upper Web:
    Players face Athronox on a massive web, with four solid platforms around the room. While not standing on these platforms, players gain a bar on their screen showing their weight on the web. They gain 10 weight every second, and at 100 weight they fall through the web to the lower web below. Falling through the Web causes the player to leave a small hole there for the rest of the fight, causing players who attempt to walk over it to also fall. Having 6 or more holes causes the Web to tear, and the entire web to dissapate. Additionally, players are slowed by 20% while moving across Web.

Athronox:
    Venom Fangs: Every fourth attack against the tank, Athronox deals additional damage as nature damage, and leaves a small puddle of Venom on the ground for 60 seconds. This puddle deals nature damage every second to players inside, and drips down to the Lower Web below if it is placed on the Web. Additionally, Venom Fangs inflicts a stack of Venom on the victim.
    Venom: Increases all nature damage taken by 20%. Stacks infinitely. Lasts 30 seconds.

Spew Webbing: Athronox will periodically cast Spew Webbing, rooting all raid members in place for 4 seconds and causing them to take minor physical damage every second. Dispellable.

Spew Venom: Athronox will periodically cast Spew Venom, causing all players to gain the Acrid Venom debuff, dealing nature damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. Dispellable.

Poison Bolt: Athronox periodically fires off Poison Bolts, causing a random raid member and all players within 5 yards to take nature damage and gain Acrid Venom, dealing nature damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. Dispellable.

Looming Threat: Athronox will occasionally place Looming Threat on a raid raid member, causing Anthronox to be healed every time that raid member is healed. When dispelled, it afflicts the player with Spider's Gaze.
    Spider's Gaze: Athronox will immediately lose all threat, and gain a massive amount of threat on the target with Spider's Gaze. The inflicted target takes shadow damage every second, with the damage increased the farther from Athronox they are. During this time, Athronox will not gain threat towards any other raid member. Lasts 8 seconds.

Enrage: After 6 minutes, or if there are ever no players on the Upper Web/The Upper Web tears and disintegrates, Athronox Enrages, descending to the Lower Web and increasing attack speed by 100% and damage by 500% for the rest of the encounter. When this happens, the Upper Web disspears and the platforms shatter, killing any players on them.

Spawn of Athronox: On Heroic difficulty, two massive Spiders Spawn periodically, and begin to attack the raid. These Spiders will use all the same abilities as Athronox, [Not at the same time, but similair.] but only deal 40% the damage that Athronox does.

The Lower Web:
    The lower Web is much stronger, and acts as natural ground for the raid to stand upon, but still slows players by 20%. Eggs spawn on the lower web, and will slowly begin to hatch and spawn a massive amount of broodlings. Additionally, as long as any players are on the lower web, Nerubian Broodguards will appear to defend the eggs. There are 4 long, thin strands on the side that allow players to climb back to the upper platforms, but the strand of webbing is consumed in the process and players must wait 15 seconds before it respawns.

Dripping Venom: Venom drips down from puddles of Venom on the upper web, causing players standing under them on the lower web to gain a stack of Dripping Venom every second. Dripping Venom deals nature damage every second, increased for every stack. Lasts 6 seconds.

Egg Cluster: Egg Clusters periodically spawn, and have varying amounts of health. If these Clusters are alive for too long, they burst and spawn 4-10 Broodlings. The time until the cluster bursts and the # of Broodlings spawn is dependent on the size/health of the Cluster.
    Broodlings: Broodlings have random threat tables, and mediocre health, but deal a large amount of physical damage in swarms. Broodlings may climb up the walls to the Upper Web.

Nerubian Broodguards: Nerubian Broodguards are high-health, high-damage adds that spawn as long as a single player is on the lower web. These spawn at a continuous rate, which increases the longer at least a single player is on the Lower Web. If no players are on the Lower Web for 10 seconds, all Broodguards despawn. They have no particularly noteworthy abilities, but when they die they create a temporary hole in the lower web. If players fall through this hole, they instantly fall to their deaths. This hole slowly closes over 30 seconds.

Quotes

Intro: Athronox hisses venomously as she hears players enter her lair...
    Aggro: Athronox screeches as she assaults the intruders.
    Kill: Several clicks emanate from Athronox...
    Spider's Gaze: Athronox shifts attention to [insert raid member], shrieking with hatred.
    Spew Webbing: Athronox releases webbing across the entire web.
    Spew Venom: Athronox releases venom across the entire web.
    Players reach the Lower Web: Nerubian Broodguard: "Trespassers! Come brothers, we must defend the brood!"
    Broodlings Spawn: Athronox skitters loudly as her brood come to join their mother.
    Death: Athronox let's out a massive screech as it dies.

Magister Ul’Tomon
    <Chief Seer>
    The Chief adviser to the Queen, Ul'Tomon is one of the highest authorities of the Sundered Monolith, and some say he is the direct link to the unseen Spider Emperor. Residing in the heart of the third floor, Ul'Tomon resides amongst the workers and drones of the Monolith, ordering them into endless work for the Nerubian War Machine. Here he trains ordinary workers into Seers for the Nerubian Empire, and he twists those that disobey into horrid abominations, powerful yet twisted reflections of their former selves.

-Fight Summary-
    Ul'Tomon is first and foremost a prolonged battle for survival, while providing a competency and gear check for the healers as well. Some tank coordination is required so that Shadow Strike and Shadow Bolt Volleys will be distributed amongst the raid, and avoid stacking them too high on raid members. Swirling Shadows provides a test of their ability to rapidly respond to dispels, while Mind Flay and Shadow Geodes provide unavoidable raid damage that must be healed through. [Although properly timed Shadow Geodes could pop the group out of Psychic Scream early, letting the Healers get back on their feet quicker.] Phase 2 is an increasingly lengthy battle for survival as players must destroy the Shadowcores while avoiding Web of Shadows and managing Dark Crystals. Being in the phase for too long, however, can result in the raid wiping if Ul'Tomon's Shell of Shadows isn't managed properly. Overall, a combination of area awareness and competent healers will get players through the fight.
    ---

Scatter the Rabble!: During the first phase, Ul’Tomon assaults the raid himself.

Shadow Strike: Every time Ul’Tomon auto-attacks, he inflicts the second-highest target on his aggro list with Shadow Strike, dealing shadow damage equivalent to 75% of his auto-attack, and increasing all Shadow Damage that target takes by 5% for 25 seconds.

Mind Flay: Ul’Tomon periodically channels Mind Flay on the entire raid, dealing shadow damage every second for three seconds.
    Psychic Scream: Used immediately after Mind Flay. Fears the entire raid for 6 seconds, or until they take damage from any source.

Shadow Bolt Volley: Ul’Tomon fires a volley of 10 Shadow Bolts, distributed amongst raid members in a cone in front of him every 15 seconds. Each Shadow Bolt does a specific amount of shadow damage, and inflicts a stacking debuff that increases all Shadow Damage taken by 25% for 30 seconds.

Shadow Geode: Ul’Tomon will periodically create a Shadow Geode at a random location around the room, which grows as it loses health. The Geodes lose 5% health every second, but can also be attacked by raid members to lower this even more. When the Geodes die, they explode, dealing shadow damage to the entire raid. These spawn more rapidly as Ul’Tomon’s health drops.
    Shadow Charge: On heroic difficulty, Shadow Geodes spawn with 3 Shadow Charges. Every time the Geode is reduced to 0% health and explodes, it instantly restores to 50% health and loses a Shadow Charge. Every time a Geode restores and loses a Shadow Charge, the amount of health restored is halved. [So the first restore is to 50% health, then to 25%, then to 12.5%.]

Swirling Shadows: Ul’Tomon afflicts a random raid member with Swirling Shadows, causing them to deal shadow damage to all players within 8 yards of them every second. Swirling Shadows is applied with 4 stacks, and lasts for 2 seconds per stack. Dispellable. Whenever dispelled, if it still has more than two stacks, it swaps to a random raid member and loses a stack. If it expires without being dispelled, it deals a massive amount of shadow damage to the afflicted player. Ul'Tomon casts this much more frequently on Heroic Difficulty.

The Shadows Protect Me!: Ul’Tomon shifts into Phase 2 at 75%, 50%, and 25%. During this time, Ul’Tomon is unable to be damaged, and spreads a large number of Shadowcores across the ground around the room. The phase ends when all Shadowcores have been destroyed.

Shadowcores: Ul’Tomon scatters a massive number of Shadowcores around the room at the beginning of the phase. The number of Shadow Cores is 30 the first phase 2, but increases by 15 every subsequent phase 2. These cores power Ul’Tomon’s Shell of Shadows, and can only be destroyed via clicking on them while within 3 yards and channeling for two seconds. Taking any damage will interrupt this channel.
    Shell of Shadows: Ul’Tomon is surrounded by a shell of shadows during his second phase, making him unable to be attacked. This shell absorbs energy every second from all active Shadowcores. At the end of Phase 2, the Shell Detonates, dealing shadow damage to the entire raid, amplified by the amount of Energy it had. The amount of energy can be reduced via attacking the Shell, but it cannot pass below a certain point. This point of minimum energy that it cannot drop below increases every second that players are within Phase 2.

Web of Shadows: Ul’Tomon constantly channels this for as long as he is in Phase 2. Ul’Tomon emits several long streams of shadow energy across the ground, that all bounce off the walls of the room repeatedly, leaving trails of shadow energy behind them. These shadow trails deal damage to players inside them every second. The trails last 20 seconds, and Ul’Tomon will constantly fire these off, making a massive web of shifting shadows across the room.

Dark Crystal: On heroic difficulty, Ul’Tomon will create a Dark Crystal periodically during this phase, which will cast Insidious Grasp on a random Raid Member upon spawning, and every 12 seconds thereafter.
    Insidious Grasp: Creates a chain between the Crystal and the player, reducing their attack and casting speed by 25%, and their movement speed by 75%. Additionally, they are slowly pulled towards the Crystal, until the Crystal is destroyed or they reach the Crystal. If they come within 2 yards of the Crystal while grasped, they are killed instantly. Crystals can grasp multiple players at once. If a player ever walks into the chain between the Crystal and the player being Grasped, the Crystal instantly casts Insidious Grasp on them as well.

Quotes

Intro: "Ah, here come the intruders, skittering into our lair..."
    Aggro: "This will be your end!"
    Kill[1]: "Have no fear, your body shall feed the children..."
    Kill[2]: "Proof of the Spider King's might!"
    Mind Flay: "Your mind ripped asunder, feel... Fear!"
    Shadow Geode: "Patience can be a weapon."
    Phase 2: "The Shadows protect me, intruders! What do you have to protect you?"
    Death: "It matters not... intruders... your world will fall... The spider king... shall make it... so...!"

The Obsidian Destroyer
    <Construct of Azjol’Nerub>
    An ancient creation reminiscent of when the Nerubians wiped out the ancient Northrend tribe of Tol'Vir, the Destroyer is a gargantuan creation of War. It is kept on the fourth floor, safeguarding the stockpiled supplies of the Nerubians. Adventurers wishing to sabotage the Nerubian Supply lines, or even pass onto the fifth floor, will be forced to face this titanic monstrosity, and destroy it if they wish to continue.

-Fight Summary-
    An ever-cycling battle, the Obsidian Destroyer is one of the more complicated encounters of the Sundered Monolith. Players must adapt to 3 separate phases, each with its own challenges. The Active Phase proves to be a DPS Race, as it is the only time when the raid has an opportune time to damage the Destroyer. However, improperly managing the Energy Prisms, or the Energy Pulse can quickly cause several deaths and lead to a raid wipe. The Charging Phase is the most simple, and simply requires players to dodge avoidable damage in the form of Unstable Energy, while the healers must keep the raid alive through Energy Drain. Finally, the Overload Phase is an intense battle for survival as players must manage the constantly spawning adds to avoid the many ways they could instantly kill players, or even wipe the raid. Properly being able to adapt and meet the needs of all three phases will be required to defeat the Destroyer.
    ---

Energy: The Obsidian Destroyer has an Energy Resource System, starting at 60 with a max of 100. The Destroyer loses 1 Energy per second, and regains it via Charging Phase.

Active Phase: Lasts from 60 to 0 Energy.

Arcane Strikes: Each attack from the Destroyer deals Arcane Damage, with this damage increasing with every consecutive hit agaisnt the same target.

Energy Prism: The Destroyer will create several Energy Prisms throughout the room, which trap any players caught inside them. These Prisms cause each player within to be unable to move out of them, but gain a stack of Energized every second. Players may enter Prisms, but may not exit them. Prisms can be targeted and destroyed by players outside the Prisms. Being inside a Prism reduces damage from all sources of external damage by 30%.
    Energized: The players deal 4% additional damage per stack, but take arcane damage every second for each stack. Lasts for as long as the player remains in the Prism. Stacks Infinitely.

Energy Arc: Energy Arcs off of the Destroyer, striking a random raid member, and then jumping to a random raid member within 6 yards. Can jump up to 4 times.

Energy Pulse: The Destroyer periodically lets off an Energy Pulse, that slowly expands throughout the room, and deals arcane damage to players it passes through. The energy pulse will phase between low and high intensity as it expands. The Pulse will start as either High or Low intensity, switching between each every 5 yards.
    Low Intensity: Players take very minor arcane damage. Appears dull and ethereal while Low Intensity, and takes roughly 2 seconds to expand 5 yards.
    High Intensity: Players take massive arcane damage. Appears bright and shining while High Intensity, and takes roughly 1 second to expand 5 yards.

Charging Phase: Lasts from 0 to 100 Energy

Draw Energy: The Destroyer channels Draw Energy the entire phase, causing it to draw energy from throughout the room. It gains 5 energy per second while doing this, and is not interruptible. Additionally, Draw Energy causes the entire raid to be afflicted by Energy Drain, and causes Unstable Energy to coalesce throughout the room.

Energy Drain: The entire raid takes minor arcane damage every second, deals 20% less damage and healing, and have 20% lower resource generation. The damage dealt by doing this increases as the Destroyer gains energy. [Mana, Energy, Rage, etc.] (This effects both natural regeneration of resources and abilities or effects that grant resources.) On heroic difficulty, the damage, healing, and resource generation debuffs are 80%.
    Unstable Energy: Unstable Energy rapidly spawns around the room in random locations. These energy nodes are not attackable or targettable, and explode after 2 seconds, dealing arcane damage to all players within 8 yards and knocking them away.

Overload Phase: Lasts from 100-60 Energy

Energy Shield: The Destroyer has so much energy that it is wrapping it in a protective shield, reducing all damage taken by 75% and causing attackers to take Arcane Damage. The Destroyer does not attack and remains immobile in this phase. On heroic difficulty, the Destroyer continues to attack the raid during this phase, but does not use any of his Active Phase abilities.
    Energy Shielding: On heroic difficulty, the Destroyer will occasionally create an energy shield on himself. This shield causes all adds to take 99% less damage as long as it is active. The shield lasts as long as the Destroyer can continue chanelling, but cannot be interrupted while the shield is active. If the shield takes a certain amount of damage within a 5 second period, it will temporarily deactivate for 3 seconds.

Energy Constructs: During this phase, the Destroyer will continuously create a myriad of arcane constructs to attack the raid.

Arcane Elemental: Massive Elementals of Arcane Energy, the Elementals have a high amount of health and deal mediocre damage on hit. These Elementals can and should be tanked.
    Arcane Explosion: The Elemental periodically casts Arcane Explosion, dealing Arcane damage to all players within 15 yards and knocking them up to 20 yards away.
    Arcane Empowerment: The Elementals gain a stack of Arcane Empowerment every 2 seconds, increasing all damage done by 10%. Upon reaching 10 stacks, they cast Self-Destruct.
    Self-Destruct: Cast at 10 stacks of Arcane Empowerment. The Elemental explodes, dealing a large amount of Arcane damage to the entire raid.

Arcane Fiend: Fiends periodically spawn to attack and disrupt the raid. They have no aggro tables, and simply use abilities while alive.
    Arcane Blast: Deals Arcane Damage to a random target. Used instead of an auto-attack. Every time the Fiend casts this, it deals 10% more damage, but takes 5% longer to cast.
    Counterspell: Randomly interrupts and silences a random raid member for 5 seconds.
    Teleport: Will periodically teleport around the room, dealing Arcane Damage at the location of teleportation and at the destination.

Arcane Spark: Arcane Sparks periodically spawn around the room, and have low amounts of health.
    Arcane Grasp: The Spark instantly targets a random raid member, creating a tether between them. The Spark slowly moves toward the raid member, gaining speed every second it is alive. If it reaches the raid member, it automatically uses Arcane Possession, but is destroyed in the process.
    Arcane Possession: Energy posses the raid member, causing them to become Mind Controlled for 8 seconds. During this time, they deal 75% more damage and take 50% less.

Quotes

Intro: "Intruders sighted. Awaiting confirmation of hostile intent before beginning destruction measures."
    Aggro: "Hostile Intent confirmed, initiating destruction measures."
    Kill[1]: "Your death powers me."
    Kill[2]: "So the master commands."
    Active Phase: "Energy levels nominal, continue combat."
    Charge Phase: "Energy levels depleted, beginning full restore."
    Overload Phase: "Energy levels maximized, venting excess energy."
    Energy Prism: "The mortals shall destroy themselves."
    Energy Pulse: "Energy emission activated."
    Death: "What is never living... may not... die..."

Broodlord Sythas
    <Spiderlord of Azjol’Nerub>
    Highest of all Spiderlords in the Sundered Monolith, the Broodlord Sythas is second only to Azhuul'Mehab herself. As the local Spiderking, Sythas personally oversees the fifth floor, which is home to all other Spiderlords and Viziers. It is here, in the nerubian equivalent of a command structure, that he organizes and plots, the mind behind the war of the surface. Players wishing to save the villages of Dragonblight, and indeed all of Northrend, would do well to put down the scheming Spiderlord before he manages to devise an ultimate victory for the Nerubians.

-Fight Summary-
    Similair to the Destroyer, the Broodlord Sythas is a cycling fight, that alternates between a main phase, and either a Mass Impale or a Locust Swarm phase. During the main phase, The fight is mainly a battle for survival, with players needing to manage the Syth'Ar flyers to reduce the time they remove players struck by Impale from the fight, while attempting to deal as much damage to Sythas as possible while dealing with the increasing amounts of incoming Poison Bolts, Impales, and Sweeping Impales. Each of the alternative phases offers a form of DPS Race, with the Mass Impale phase requiring the players to free each other form the Swarmers holding them, and then burning through Sythas' Carapace as quickly as possible using Blood Pools, while avoiding Acid Pools and Impales. Whereas the Locust Swarm Phase requires players to kill the summoned Viziers as quickly as possible while also destroying the Ring of Spikes when they appear so that they are not overwhelmed by Locust Swarm. Both Phases require quick execution, less Sythas heal himself for a significant amount and invalidate the raids progress.

---

Main Phase: The Broodlord starts in Phase 1, and transitions to either Phase 2 or Phase 3 after 75 seconds. After transferring back to Phase 1, the Broodlord will remain in Phase 1 for at least 60 seconds before transitioning back to Phase 2 or Phase 3.

Syth’Ar Flyers: While facing Sythas, Syth’Ar Flyers will occasionally fly into the room and hover above the raid, above attack range. Whenever a player is impaled and knocked into the air, if any Flyers are not currently catching a raid member or hovering above attack range, they will swoop down and catch the player, suspending them in the air and beginning to attack them. Flyers will exit the cavern during Phase 1 or Phase 2, but will return when Phase 1 Begins again. [AKA The Flyers carry over from phase to phase, and will accumulate over the course of the encounter.]
    Caught! Whenever a player is caught in the air by a flyer, they are suspended in the air and flown around the room. The player takes physical damage every second that they are caught, and are unable to attack the Flyer that has grabbed them. Other players must attack and kill the Flyer, in order to get them to drop the player. On heroic difficulty, whenever a Flyer is brought to 1% health, it will drop the player, causing them to take falling damage. The Flyer will then ascend to above attackable range by the players, and cast poison bolt for the duration of the encounter.
    Poison Bolt: Syth’Ar Flyers will cast Poison Bolt whenever waiting for players to Catch in the air, or on heroic difficulty after being brought below 1% and ceasing to catch players. Deals mediocre nature damage to a random player. This damage increases as the health of the Syth’Ar flyer decreases. Used periodically.

Impale: The Broodlord will create a massive line of spikes at a random raid member, dealing high physical damage and knocking all players hit up into the air. The line of spikes appears all at once instantly. If there are any Syth’Ar flyers active and above 50% health, they will swoop down and catch the players.

Mangling Strike: The Broodlord mangles his current target with every attack, inflicting a stacking bleed that lasts for 15 seconds.

Swarm of Locusts: The Broodlord will summon a swarm of locusts around a random player, causing them and all players within 6 yards to take damage every second. After 8 seconds, the Locusts return to Sythas, healing him for a percentage of the damage done.

Sweeping Impale: The Broodlord periodically sends out a massive cone of spikes in a random direction, dealing high physical damage and knocking all players hit up into the air. While being much wider than Impale, it does not happen instantly and instead slowly expands outward from Sythas.

Desperate Regeneration: On heroic difficulty, Sythas gains a stacking buff in all phases called Desperate Regeneration every time he loses 1% health, increasing all healing effects on him by .5%.

Mass Impale Phase: 75 seconds after the start of the encounter, the Broodlord transitions to either Phase 2 or Phase 3. Additionally, every 60 seconds after he switches back to Phase 1, the Broodlord will activate Phase 2 or Phase 3. The Broodlord will always alternate between which phase he will activate.

Mass Impale: At the start of Phase 2, the Broodlord uses Mass Impale, knocking all players into the air and summons a mass of Syth’Ar Swarmers to catch every raid member in the air. Sythas then begins to channel Spiked Carapace.

Syth’Ar Swarmers: Syth’Ar swarms are identical to Syth’Ar Flyers, but have less health and deal slightly less damage when catching players. Additionally, they will only drop players upon death, and do not retreat to high into the cavern, even on heroic difficulty.
    Pool of Blood: Whenever a Syth’Ar Swarmer dies, it leaves a pool of blood at its point of death. This pool of blood causes players inside to take nature damage every second, but reduces damage taken from Spiked Carapace by 80%. These pools slowly move around the room, and will occasionally turn into Acidic Blood temporarily.
    Acidic Blood: Every 6-12 seconds, the Pool of Blood will transform into Acidic Blood for 2-3 seconds, dealing double nature damage and removing the damage taken reduction. At the end of the duration, it transitions back into a regular Pool of Blood.

Spiked Carapace: Sythas half-burrows into the ground, and hardens his carapace. While channeling Spiked Carapace, he gains a shield that absorbs a certain % of his health as damage, and reflects 300% of all damage taken back to the source. Additionally, as long as this shield is active, Sythas regenerates health every second.
    Burst: Whenever the Carapace has been destroyed, Sythas bursts from the ground and deals massive physical damage to the entire raid, and causing all currently living Flyers to flee from the cavern. Ends Phase 2.

Impale: Sythas will continue to fire off Impales while using Spiked Carapace, at an extremely rapid pace toward random raid members, but they will move outward rapidly instead of instantly. Sythas will fire off an Impale roughly every 3-6 seconds while using Spiked Carapace.

Locust Swarm Phase: 75 seconds after the start of the encounter, the Broodlord transitions to either Phase 2 or Phase 3. Additionally, every 60 seconds after he switches back to Phase 1, the Broodlord will activate Phase 2 or Phase 3. The Broodlord will always alternate between which phase he will activate.

Locust Swarm: Sythas releases a massive swarm of locusts, filling the entire cavern with them. During this phase, the entire raids takes damage every second, and take additional damage if they are within 6 yards of another player. Sythas is healed for a percentage of all damage that Locust Swarm deals.

Nerubian Vizier: At the start of Phase Three, 3 Viziers appear around the room. These each channel to Sythas, granting him Dark Carapace. Whenever any Vizier is killed, any still living Viziers are healed to 100% health.
    Dark Carapace: Sythas hardens his carapace with dark energies, making him immune to damage, and increasing his physical damage done by 100%, but rooting him in place and reducing his attack speed by 50%. Sythas retains his Dark Carapace for 15 seconds after the last Vizier is killed. Whenever Dark Carapace is removed, Phase 3 ends.
    Rage: Sythas gains a stack of Rage for every dead Vizier, increasing his attack speed by 50%.

Incite: Whenever no players are within melee range of Sythas, he will use Incite. Incite increases the damage done by Locust Swarm by 200% for as long as he is casting it. Additionally, the damage of Locust Swarm is permanently increased by 5% for every second he is channeling Incite.

Ring of Spikes: Sythas will periodically create a massive Ring of Spikes around him, knocking all players within 10 yards away and creating impassable terrain around him. These Spikes can be attacked and destroyed to allow players to re-enter melee range of Sythas.

Quotes

Intro: "Come intruders, shamble further toward your death..."
    Aggro: "An-k-k-kashil! For the Queen!"
    Kill[1]: "Inevitable."
    Kill[2]: "It was the only outcome from the start."
    Mass Impale Phase: "Behold, the the powers at my command!"
    Locust Swarm Phase: "Viziers, come to my aid! We will destroy the rabble!"
    Incite: "Devour! Devour them!"
    Rage: "Another death at invading hands."
    Ring of Spikes: "Begone! I shall summon the locusts!"
    Death: "Beware.. My Queen! Invaders... come..."

Azhuul’Mehab
    <Queen of the Sundered Monolith>
    Nerubian Queen of the Sundered Monolith, Azhuul'Mehab is both the matron of her people and a powerful Shaman. Always Xenophobic, and now with orders from the illusive "Spider King" spurring her onwards, she has declared open war on the surface world, and actively seeks to destroy those who inhabit the surface of Northrend. Only by delving deep into the lowest floor of the great monolith, and facing the Nerubian Queen herself will adventurers hope to put an end to her xenophobic warmongering.

-Fight Summary-
    Azhuul'Mehab is a lengthy battle of player awareness and personal responsibility. Players must manage and master the Elemental marks mechanic if they ever wish to kill the Nerubian Queen. Players must select Marks depending both on personal preference and availability, to avoid damage from Eternal Shadows. Additionally, players must master being able to quickly switch Marks to manage Elementals, Frostfire Barrages, Gale Bursts, and her Elemental Shield. Failure to properly manage any of these mechanics can quickly lead to the entire group dying. And that's just Phase 1. Once the second phase, players will no longer have to quickly Drops Marks for Frostfire Barrage or Gale Burst, but will have to carefully manage damage between spawned Elementals, Spider Lords, and the Strands of Elemental Webbing above them. Without proper management, the raid will either be overwhelmed by the adds below, or exhaust themselves without being able to ever ground Azhuul'Mehab. Constant proper management, allowing players to repeatedly ground Azhuul'Mehab will allow player access to the final phase: Where they must battle Azhuul'Mehab and the spirits of her two Consorts. Players must manage the movement and essences of the Consorts while dealing with the increased damage, and still managing their marks for an even more rigid Damage check from Elemental Shield. Slaying both Consorts forces the raid into one last DPS race, where they must defeat Azhuul'Mehab before the increased damage taken from Fury allows her to slaughter the entire raid.
    ---

Phase 1:

Elemental Marks:

Impending Earth: Azhuul'Mehab will place Impending Earth on a random raid member, causing them to to emit an Earth Pulse after 7 seconds. Used periodically, and at any time when there are no active Quaking Earth zones.
    Earth Pulse: Deals Nature damage to the player, and all players within 8 yards. Doing this afflicts all players hit with Mark of Earth, and places Quaking Earth beneath the player from which Earth Pulse originates.
    Mark of Earth: Players afflicted with Mark of Earth can damage Azhuul'Mehab through her Elemental Shield of Air, but also have 20% lower maximum health. Standing within 5 yards of a player with Mark of Air causes an energy tether to appear between the players, which causes to take nature damage every second as long as they stay in range. After 3 seconds of this, both players lose their mark, and the energy coalesces into a Quaking Elemental.
    Quaking Earth: Placed below any Earth Pulse that occurs, Quaking Earth is an area of rumbling earth that deals nature damage every second to players on top of it. Additionally, it applies one stack of Disturbed every second. At 5 stacks, the player is stunned for 2 second, and gains Mark of Earth. Quaking Earth has an increased size for every player that Earth Pulse strikes, and grows every time a player gains Mark of Earth from it. Players with Mark of Air that enter Quaking Earth lose their Mark, and shrink the area of Quaking Earth. [Doing this enough can cause Quaking Earth to disperse.] Every time Quaking Earth shrinks by a certain amount, it spawns a Quaking Elemental. Additionally, every time a Quaking Earth shrinks to the point of dispersal, an additional Quaking Elemental is spawned. If Quaking Earth every overlaps with Swirling Wind, the smaller zone is dispersed, and the larger zone shrinks an area equivalent to the area of the dispersed zone.

Impending Air: Azhuul'Mehab will place Impending Air on a random raid member, causing them to to emit an Air Pulse after 7 seconds. Used periodically, and at any time when there are no active Swirling Wind zones.
    Air Pulse: Deals Nature damage to the player, and all players within 8 yards. Doing this afflicts all players hit with Mark of Air, and places Swirling Wind beneath the player from which Air Pulse originates.
    Mark of Air: Players afflicted with Mark of Air can damage Azhuul'Mehab through her Elemental Shield of Earth, but also take 20% more damage. Standing within 5 yards of a player with Mark of Earth causes an energy tether to appear between the players, which causes to take nature damage every second as long as they stay in range. After 3 seconds of this, both players lose their mark, and the energy coalesces into a Quaking Elemental.
    Swirling Wind: Placed below any Air Pulse that occurs, Swirling Wind is an area of rapidly swirling air that deals nature damage every second to players on top of it. Additionally, it applies one stack of Gale every second. Every stack reduces all healing and damage done by 5% for 15 seconds. Max of 5 Stacks, and at that point players gain Mark of Air. Swirling Wind has an increased size for every player that Air Pulse strikes, and grows every time a player gains Mark of Air from it. Players with Mark of Earth that enter Swirling Wind lose their Mark, and shrink the area of Swirling Wind. [Doing this enough can cause Swirling Wind to disperse.] Every time Swirling Wind shrinks by a certain amount, it spawns a Quaking Elemental. Additionally, every time a Swirling Wind shrinks to the point of dispersal, an additional Quaking Elemental is spawned. If Quaking Earth every overlaps with Swirling Wind, the smaller zone is dispersed, and the larger zone shrinks an area equivalent to the area of the dispersed zone.

Impending Flame: Azhuul'Mehab will place Impending Flame on a random raid member, causing them to to emit a Fire Pulse after 7 seconds. Used periodically, and at any time when there are no active Scorched Earth zones.
    Fire Pulse: Deals Nature damage to the player, and all players within 8 yards. Doing this afflicts all players hit with Mark of Flame, and places Scorched Earth beneath the player from which Fire Pulse originates.
    Mark of Flame: Players afflicted with Mark of Flame can damage Azhuul'Mehab through her Elemental Shield of Water, but also take a % of their health as damage every 3 seconds. Standing within 5 yards of a player with Mark of Water causes an energy tether to appear between the players, which causes to take nature damage every second as long as they stay in range. After 3 seconds of this, both players lose their mark, and the energy coalesces into a Frostfire Elemental.
    Scorched Earth: Placed below any Fire Pulse that occurs, Scorched Earth is an area of burnt ground that deals nature damage every second to players on top of it. Additionally, it applies one stack of Blaze every second. Every stack deals nature damage every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. Max of 5 Stacks, and at that point players gain Mark of Flame. Scorched Earth has an increased size for every player that Fire Pulse strikes, and grows every time a player gains Mark of Flame from it. Players with Mark of Water that enter Scorched Earth lose their Mark, and shrink the area of Scorched Earth. [Doing this enough can cause Scorched Earth to disperse.] Every time Scorched Earth shrinks by a certain amount, it spawns a Frostfire Elemental. Additionally, every time a Scorched Earth shrinks to the point of dispersal, an additional Frostfire Elemental is spawned. If Frozen Ground ever overlaps with Scorched Earth, the smaller zone is dispersed, and the larger zone shrinks an area equivalent to the area of the dispersed zone.

Impending Frost: Azhuul'Mehab will place Impending Frost on a random raid member, causing them to to emit an Frost Pulse after 7 seconds. Used periodically, and at any time when there are no active Frozen Ground zones.
    Frost Pulse: Deals Nature damage to the player, and all players within 8 yards. Doing this afflicts all players hit with Mark of Frost, and places Frozen Ground beneath the player from which Frost Pulse originates.
    Mark of Frost: Players afflicted with Mark of Frost can damage Azhuul'Mehab through her Elemental Shield of Fire, but also move 30% slower. Standing within 5 yards of a player with Mark of Flame causes an energy tether to appear between the players, which causes to take nature damage every second as long as they stay in range. After 3 seconds of this, both players lose their mark, and the energy coalesces into a Frostfire Elemental.
    Frozen Ground: Placed below any Frost Pulse that occurs, Frozen Ground is an area of frozen ground that deals nature damage every second to players on top of it. Additionally, it applies one stack of Frozen every second. Every stack reduces attack and casting speed by 10% for 15 seconds. Max of 5 Stacks, and at that point players gain Mark of Frost. Frozen Ground has an increased size for every player that Frost Pulse strikes, and grows every time a player gains Mark of Frost from it. Players with Mark of Flame that enter Frozen Ground lose their Mark, and shrink the area of Frozen Ground. [Doing this enough can cause Frozen Ground to disperse.] Every time Frozen Ground shrinks by a certain amount, it spawns a Frostfire Elemental. Additionally, every time a Frozen Ground shrinks to the point of dispersal, an additional Frostfire Elemental is spawned. If Frozen Ground ever overlaps with Scorched Earth, the smaller zone is dispersed, and the larger zone shrinks an area equivalent to the area of the dispersed zone.

Void Mark: Any time a player loses a mark, the player is afflicted by a Void Mark of that element, causing them to be unable to gain that mark for 30 seconds. Additionally, if a player ever gains two marks at the same time, both Marks are removed and the player gains a Void Mark for both. On heroic difficulty, Void Marks lasts for 60 seconds.

Quaking Elemental: A Swirling Elemental of Earth and Air, the Quaking Elemental has mediocre health and an aggro-table, and can be tanked in a group. Deal mediocre damage with their auto-attacks, and periodically emit Shockwaves. Can only be attacked by players with Fire or Frost marks.
    Shockwave: Deals nature damage to all players within 6 yards of the Quaking Elemental, and interrupts any abilities they are casting at the time.
    Strength in Numbers: Quaking Elementals deal 5% more damage and take 5% less damage for every other Quaking Elemental alive.

Frostfire Elemental: A Swirling Elemental of Frost and Fire, the Frostfire Elemental has mediocre health and no aggro-table, and no auto-attack. Constantly cats Frostfire bolts, and occasionally cause Frostfire Shock. Can only be attacked by players with Earth or Air marks.
    Frostfire Bolt: Deals nature damage to a random raid member.
    Frostfire Shock: Deals nature damage to a random raid member, and causes them to take additional damage over 6 seconds and have their casting and attack speed slowed by 50%. Dispellable.
    Strength in Numbers: Frostfire Elementals deal 5% more damage and take 5% less damage for every other Frostfire Elemental alive.

Chain Lightning: Azhuul'Mehab will emit Chain Lightning every few seconds, which deals nature damage to a raid member, and then jumps to the farthest player from that player within 20 yards, dealing increased damage depending on the distance. Can jump up to 3 times.

Elemental Shield: Azhuul'Mehab will gain an elemental shield, of either Earth, Air, Flame, or Frost. This shield reduces damage taken by 25% from all players, except players who have the opposite Mark of the Shield. The shield disperses when a set amount of damage is taken from players with the opposite mark. If Azhuul'Mehab does not take a certain amount of specifically from players with the opposite mark in 12 seconds, it detonates, dealing massive nature damage to the entire raid. [Note, Opposites are Earth / Air and Frost / Fire.]

Frostfire Barrage: Azhuul'Mehab will periodically create an emote that warns that she is about to fire a Frostfire Barrage or Gale Burst. After 12 seconds, she releases a massive barrage of Frostfire, dealing a massive amount of nature damage to all raid members with either Marks of Frost or Fire, and destroying any active Frostfire Elementals. This damage is not effected by the "Strength in Numbers" buff.

Gale Burst: Azhuul'Mehab will periodically create an emote that warns that she is about to fire a Frostfire Barrage or Gale Burst. After 12 seconds, she releases a massive burst of Gale Winds, dealing a massive amount of nature damage to all raid members with either Marks of Earth or Air, and destroying any active Quaking Elementals.

Eternal Shadows: Starting 20 seconds into the fight, Azhuul'Mehab afflicts any player without a Mark with Eternal Shadows. Eternal Shadows deal shadow damage every second, and the damage it deals increases every second. Eternal Shadows is removed when a player gains any Mark, but is re-applied any time they have no Marks. Void Marks do not count as Marks for this.

Phase 2: At 60% health, Azhuul'Mehab ascends to a web above the raid, and gains Elemental Carapace. During this phase, Azhuul’Mehab continues to cast Impending Elements and placing Marks on the raid. She no longer casts Elemental Shield on herself, Frostfire Barrage, Gale Burst, and casts Chain Lightning at a lower frequency.

Elemental Carapace: Azhuul’Mehab cannot take damage while on the Elemental Web.

Elemental Web: A web appears above the raid, empowered with a myriad of elemental forces. The web connects to the sides/walls of the room, with several attackable “Strands.” Each Strand has a specific element, and can only be attacked by players with the opposite elemental mark. Whenever up to 6 of these Strands have been destroyed, the web tears and Azhuul’Mehab falls to the ground. These strands regenerate health every second until destroyed, with them regenerating more health per second at lower health.
    Fall: When the Elemental Web is destroyed, Azhuul’Mehab plummets to the ground and is stunned for 10 seconds. When this time ends, she will remain on the ground for 20 seconds before reforming the Elemental Web and ascending once again.

Spider Lord: Spider Lords are high-health adds that spawn periodically while Azhuul’Mehab is on the Elemental Web. These deal a high-amount of physical damage on auto-attacks, and become enraged if they are alive while Azhuul’Mehab is on the ground.
    Attract Elemental: Whenever a Frostfire or Quaking Elemental spawns during Phase 2, they will slowly path toward the nearest Spider Lord. If they reach the Spider Lord, the Spider Lord absorbs them and gains a permanent buff depending on which Elemental was absorbed.
    Frostfire Strikes: Every attack deals additional nature damage. Stacks infinitely.
    Quaking Carapace: All attackers take nature damage. Stacks infinitely.

Elemental Shell: Azhuul’Mehab will place Elemental Shells on Spider Lords of a certain element, that act similar to Elemental Shield. Unless the Shell takes a certain amount of damage from players with the mark of its opposite element within 9 seconds, it will explode and deal nature damage to the entire raid. Cast more frequently than Elemental Shield, but requires less damage to burst. Can cast multiple at once.

Chain Heal: Azhuul’Mehab will periodically cast Chain Heal on the Spider Lords, healing every living Spider Lord. The Spider Lords are healed for more if they are within 15 yards of each other.

Raging Blows: The Spider Lords deal a % more damage equivalent to the % health they are missing.

Defend the Queen!: On heroic difficulty, if Azhuul'Mehab is grounded, any living Spider Lords enrage, dealing 100% more physical damage and gaining 50% attack speed.

Phase 3: At 30% health, Azhuul’Mehab transitions to Phase 3. During Phase 3, Azhuul’Mehab retains all her Phase 1 Abilities, and summons the Spirits of her Consorts, An’Theroth and An’Refath. As long as either Consort is alive, Azhuul’Mehab gains Spiritual Guard.

Spiritual Guard: Azhuul’Mehab takes 99% less damage as long as either of her consorts is alive.
    Fury: Azhuul’Mehab gains a stack of Fury whenever either of her Consorts dies. Fury increases all damage taken by the raid by 30% per stack.

An’Theroth:
    Endless Service: An’Theroth deals 75% extra damage while within 10 yards of Azhuul’Mehab, and takes 50% less while outside of 10 yards.
    Unending Resolve: On heroic difficulty, 60 seconds after being killed, or when Azhuul'Mehab reaches 5% health, An'Theroth instantly returns to life with 50% health.

Frostfire Essence: An’Theroth is bestowed the Frostfire Essence upon being summoned, which causes all his auto-attacks to deal a massive amount of nature damage as well. This damage increases with the amount of time An’Theroth has Frostfire Essence. If An’Theroth passes through Frozen Ground, this temporarily changes to Frost Essence. If he passes through Scorched Earth, this temporarily changes to Fire Essence.
    Frost Essence: While in Frost Essence, An’Theroth moves 30% slower, but attacks 50% faster. Additionally, he leaves a trail of ice on the ground beneath him, which deals low nature damage and slows raid members inside it. He also takes bonus damage from players with Mark of Fire. Lasts 20 seconds, and An’Theroth cannot switch back to Frost Essence for 25 seconds after exiting it.
    Fire Essence: While in Fire Essence, An’Theroth inflicts a stacking DoT on his auto-attacks that deals nature damage over 6 seconds. Additionally, he leaves fire on the ground beneath him, which deals high nature damage and inflicts a stacking dot. He also takes bonus damage from players with Mark of Water. Lasts 20 seconds, and An’Theroth cannot switch back to Fire Essence for 25 seconds after exiting it.

Absorb Frostfire: Whenever a Frostfire Elemental spawns in the third phase, if An’Theroth is alive, he instantly absorbs it, and gains a stack of Absorbed Frostfire. Absorbed Frostfire causes him to deal 3% more damage per stack, and every time he gains a stack of absorb Frostfire, he emits a Frostfire Bomb
    Frostfire Bomb: A bomb arcs through the air toward a random raid member, dealing nature damage in an area where it lands. The destination is marked by a flashing red and blue circle as it flies.

Frostfire Shield: Whenever Azhuul’Mehab activates her Elemental Shield in Phase 3, An’Theroth gains Frostfire Shield. Frostfire Shield is fundamentally the same as Elemental Shield, but can only be either Water or Fire elements, and will always be the Element which Essence he currently has. Like Elemental Shield, if a certain amount of damage is not taken from players with the mark of the opposite element in 9 seconds, it will detonate and deal a massive amount of nature damage to the entire raid. However, Frostfire Shield requires less damage than Azhuul’Mehabs elemental shield to break. Additionally, whenever Frostfire Shield breaks, it extends the duration-till-explosion of currently active Elemental Shields and Quaking Shields by 6 seconds if it is the first Shield broken, and by 3 seconds if it is the second.

An’Refath:
    Endless Service: An’Refath deals 75% extra damage while within 10 yards of Azhuul’Mehab, and takes 50% less while outside of 10 yards.
    Unending Resolve: On heroic difficulty, 60 seconds after being killed, or when Azhuul'Mehab reaches 5% health, An'Refath instantly returns to life with 50% health.

Quaking Essence: An’Refath is bestowed the Quaking Essence upon being summoned, which causes him to deal nature damage to the entire raid every second. This damage increases with the amount of time An’Refath has Quaking Essence. If An’Refath passes through Quaking Earth, this temporarily changes to Earth Essence. If he passes through Swirling Air, this temporarily changes to Air Essence.
    Earth Essence: While in Earth Essence, An’Refath deals low nature damage per second to the entire raid, but also attacks 20% slower. Additionally, he will randomly stun all players within 20 yards for 1.5 seconds. He also takes bonus damage from players with Mark of Air. Lasts 20 seconds, and An’Refath cannot switch back to Earth Essence for 25 seconds after exiting it.
    Air Essence: While in Air Essence, An’Refath takes bonus damage, but deals a % of all damage taken back to the source as nature damage. Additionally, he periodically silences up to 5 random raid members for 3 seconds. He also takes bonus damage from players with Mark of Earth. Lasts 20 seconds, and An’Refath cannot switch back to Air Essence for 25 seconds after exiting it.

Absorb Quaking Elemental: Whenever a Quaking Elemental spawns in the third phase, if An’Refath is alive, he instantly absorbs it, and gains a stack of Quake. Absorbed Quake causes him to deal 3% more damage per stack, and every time he gains a stack of Quake, he emits a Tremor Wind.
    Tremor Wind: A tornado of dust and wind rapidly moves in a single direction toward a random raid member, dealing nature damage to any player it passes through and knocking them into the air.

Quaking Shield: Whenever Azhuul’Mehab activates her Elemental Shield in Phase 3, An’Refath gains Quaking Shield. Quaking Shield is fundamentally the same as Elemental Shield, but can only be either Earth or Air elements, and will always be the Element which Essence he currently has. Like Elemental Shield, if a certain amount of damage is not taken from players with the mark of the opposite element in 9 seconds, it will detonate and deal a massive amount of nature damage to the entire raid. However, Quaking Shield requires less damage than Azhuul’Mehabs elemental shield to break. Additionally, whenever Quaking Shield breaks, it extends the duration-till-explosion of currently active Elemental Shields and Frostfire Shields by 6 seconds if it is the first Shield broken, and by 3 seconds if it is the second.

Quotes

Intro: "Ah, the intruders at last. Striding into my home. Slaying my subjects, my children. Your hubris is astounding. You think yourselves righteous? The conquering invaders? Our empire sprawled long before your "civilizations" had even mastered the concept of speech! I will put an end to your mockery of my people here and now, and bring honor back to my people!"
    Aggro: "Come then, slayer of children and murderers of my court! The Queen shall see to your executions!"
    Kill[1]: "For my brood!"
    Kill[2]: "You reap what you sow, intruder!"
    Impending Elements: "I wield the power of the elements!"
    Frostfire Barrage: "Flame and Frost, mine to command!"
    Gale Burst: "Earth and Air, to my beck and call!"
    Elemental Shield: "The elements protect!"

Phase 2: "Enough! I am not selfish enough to keep you purely for myself- Others of my brood wish to carve your innards themselves. I shall give them this opportunity. Come, Spiderlords of the Monolith! The Queen summons you!"
    Death of a Spiderlord: "Another of my children... Lost..."
    Elemental Shell: "Fear not, my brood! Your queen protects you!"
    Chain Heal: "I will not abandon you, my children!"

Phase 3: "Raaagh! Damn you intruders! I had hoped not to do this, but I am left with no choice- An'Refath! An'Theroth! I need you, my consorts! Protect your beloved!"
    An'Refath/An'Theroth: "Protect... The Queen... In life... And death...."
    Death of a Consort: "Noooo! Damn the invaders! Damn the fools! Damn the surface! Damn you all!"
    Death: "This is not the end... Surface dwellers... The monolith, will be avenged. The spider kingdom shall rise once more! The Spider King shall see to it!"

Achievements

General Fa'Uron: Defeat General Fa'Uron on LFR or Normal Difficulty..
    Athronox: Defeat Athronox on LFR or Normal Difficulty.
    Magister Ul'Tomon: Defeat Magister Ul'Tomon on LFR or Normal Difficulty.
    The Obsidian Destroyer: Defeat The Obsidian Destroyer on LFR or Normal Difficulty.
    Broodlord Sythas: Defeat Broodlord Sythas on LFR or Normal Difficulty.
    Azhuul'Mehab: Defeat Azhuul'Mehab on LFR or Normal Difficulty.
    The Sundered Monolith: Defeat all bosses inside the Sundered Monolith on LFR or Normal Difficulty.

[Heroic]General Fa'Uron: Defeat General Fa'Uron on Heroic Difficulty.
    [Heroic]Athronox: Defeat Athronox on Heroic Difficulty.
    [Heroic]Magister Ul'Tomon: Defeat Magister Ul'Tomon on Heroic Difficulty.
    [Heroic]The Obsidian Destroyer: Defeat The Obsidian Destroyer on HeroicDifficulty.
    [Heroic]Broodlord Sythas: Defeat Broodlord Sythas on Heroic Difficulty.
    [Heroic]Azhuul'Mehab: Defeat Azhuul'Mehab on Heroic Difficulty.
    [Heroic]The Sundered Monolith: Defeat all bosses inside the Sundered Monolith on Heroic Difficulty.

10/25 vs 4? I like those odds!: Defeat General Fa'Uron while at least one of every type of Guardian is still alive.
    Row Row, Stack the Power!: Defeat General Fa'Uron after killing three of the same type of Guardian within 10 seconds.
    Excluding Honor: Defeat General Fa'Uron without killing any Honor Guards.
    Excluding Spiders: Defeat General Fa'Uron without killing any Arachnid Guards.
    Excluding Shadows: Defeat General Fa'Uron without killing any Shadow Guards.
    Web Dancers: Defeat Athronox without any player venturing onto the lower web more than twice.
    Web Runner: Defeat Athronox without standing on any single platform for more than 5 seconds at a time.
    Bring her down!: Defeat Athronox on the lower web.
    My Dancing Skills protect me!: Defeat Magister Ul'Tomon after going through every phase 2 without ever being struck by Web of Shadows.
    Down to the Core: Destroy every Shadowcore in Magister Ul'Tomons second phase within 20 seconds of each other.
    I'm Charging My Laser!: Defeat the Obsidian Destroy after dealing at least 15% of his health in damage during his Charging Phases only.
    Energy Dancer: Defeat the Obsidian Destroy after never being hit by a high intensity energy pulse, an unstable energy explosion, or an Arcane Elementals Self-Destruct.
    Some Insight into Incite: Defeat Broodlord Sythas without him ever channeling Incite for more than 6 seconds.
    I'm not captured, I just gained Wings!: Become "Caught" by a Syth'Ar flyer for more than 30 seconds.
    Hey! No In-Combat Regen!: Defeat Broodlord Sythas without him ever regaining more than 5% health in a single phase.
    Many Marks! Handle it!: Gain each Mark within 30 seconds of each other.
    Elemental Champion: Finish the Azhuul'Mehab encounter once with each Mark.
    Bring the Hammer down: Finish the second phase of the Azhuul'Mehab encounter after only grounding Azhuul'Mehab twice.
    Last edited by Leohkiin; 2012-09-23 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking great Leohkiin, cant wait to see what you have in store for the last boss.

Deleted
    Just to be sure, you can only use NPC's that exist in the game already, meaning no made up names?
    Edit: Just noticed Leohkiin's entry, that uses non existing NPC names, hm...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quoting the rule for you: "You must choose bosses that already exist in game (you may include NPCs) you may change the name and abilities but you cannot make up your own races etc. As long as it's within the WoW universe you are fine".

Deleted
    Quoting the rule for you: "You must choose bosses that already exist in game (you may include NPCs) you may change the name and abilities but you cannot make up your own races etc. As long as it's within the WoW universe you are fine".
    I'm very sorry to be a pain, but if you pick an existing boss or NPC within the game and then change the name, how does it still belong in the WoW universe? I mean, as far as I'm aware, 'General Fa'Uron' doesn't exist within the WoW universe, so isn't that against the rules? Unless the rule simply means, it can be a completely different name but the NPC/Boss has to be a race that exists already.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-09-16 at 04:01 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the latter, and you're not a pain Basically let's say I picked a raid and wanted it based around Kael'thalas. I then must decide about this raid and make bosses, one such boss is a servant of Kael'thalas, could be a normal Blood Elf guard but I can can call him Bob the Corrupted and give Bob the Corrupted whatever abilities I picked. I then ask myself where am I going with this, what is his purpose, it is to guard the entrance to some garrison in Netherstorm. I then I flesh out my raid, add more bosses, abilities, trash etc as long as it all has to do with my raid in Netherstorm. I can be as creative as I want as long as I stick with WoW in-mind.

What you cannot do is pick Kael'thalas and say he is a giant ape on the island of Lost Souls from another galaxy. Because none of that is simply WoW based. The former is creative and the latter example is just down-right bad.

*thinks of a giant ape looking like Kael and walks away merry*

Deleted
    Pretty much the latter, and you're not a pain Basically let's say I picked a raid and wanted it based around Kael'thalas. I then must decide about this raid and make bosses, one such boss is a servant of Kael'thalas, could be a normal Blood Elf guard but I can can call him Bob the Corrupted and give Bob the Corrupted whatever abilities I picked. I then ask myself where am I going with this, what is his purpose, it is to guard the entrance to some garrison in Netherstorm. I then I flesh out my raid, add more bosses, abilities, trash etc as long as it all has to do with my raid in Netherstorm. I can be as creative as I want as long as I stick with WoW in-mind.

What you cannot do is pick Kael'thalas and say he is a giant ape on the island of Lost Souls from another galaxy. Because none of that is simply WoW based. The former is creative and the latter example is just down-right bad.

*thinks of a giant ape looking like Kael and walks away merry*
    Right, thanks for clearing that up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No problem Hope to see you making a raid soon