Deleted

Dink Smallwood for Touch phone devices

Hey everyone

I recently noticed that an all time favoriter game from my childhood has come to Ios (and android too i believe)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dink_Smallwood

Does anyone here have any experience with the game on a touch device? My main concern is the limited screensize of my phone

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly hadn't even heard of it before, but according to the wiki article you just linked
    As of December 16, 2011, a new version of Dink Smallwood called "Dink Smallwood HD" has been developed for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows XP/Vista/7, webOS and Mac OS X by Seth Robinson.
    Looks like you can play the new HD version on your PC if you don't want to bother with a touch screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimir86 View Post
    Honestly hadn't even heard of it before, but according to the wiki article you just linked Looks like you can play the new HD version on your PC if you don't want to bother with a touch screen.
    But i have it on my computer already I would just want to see if it is worth it for a smaller screen touch experience.

Dink Smallwood was a popular low budget Zelda-style game long before "indie" became such a trendy and marketable thing. I had plenty of fun with it back in the day.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing Air Warrior back then, up until it became exclusive to GameSpy. Mmm nostalgia in the morning hahaha. Turns out evil EA purchased Kesmai and then closed it in 2001.

Thanks for the heads up about this game though, I may try it on my Android. If I do, I'll give you my impressions of it on a touch screen.

Edit:
    long before "indie" became such a trendy and marketable thing.
    I think that has more to do with the fact that all of the big developers/publishers are afraid of innovation these days and stick to tried and true sales, when back in the 90's/early 2000's there were plenty of small studios developing what they wanted. Most of those studios are gone now or have been acquired by large publishers (Black Isle, Microprose, etc)
    Last edited by Kazimir86; 2012-07-22 at 03:19 PM.