Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggsmack View Post
    I got that assassin's creed feeling too until I found a vista in Rata Sum for this
    My jaw. On the floor.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yeah, have to admit that is amazing view right there.

Holy crap. I didn't want to ruin that area for launch, but I sort of feel left out now ;3. I think this is going to be such an awesome way to see the world in its entirety, they don't seem to be holding back for explorers at all. If anything they encourage people to find stuff. Can it be August now please?

Yeah, I felt the same and actually went against rolling an Asura and a Sylvari outside of screenshots for what I want my launch character to look like. Kept everything else off to myself, and tried to stay away from the zones until the finale, because despite how awesome they look, I want the "OMG effect" to still be fresh when I'm on those characters.

I was glad that Hunger Royale didn't really spoil the Asura area like I was worried it would. I can still go through that with such an awesome impression. Although~, the tileset and environment set up there worked perfectly for the setting.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I was glad that Hunger Royale didn't really spoil the Asura area like I was worried it would.
    Hunger games inside jump dungeons, mmmmmmm - delicious.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 09:55 PM ----------

Creative use of a Vista, LMAO

Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I dunno, I spent the better part of last night exploring and ignoring most of my map. Came across a lot of bonus XP, some cool new events that I missed last two BWEs, and a definite appreciation for the world as a whole.

And then I fell off the south side of the Great Northern Wall. Didn't need a Vista to do that.

People get so caught up in moving from heart to heart to PoI, to skillpoint, to heart, that they're missing the point of the world. The actual substance. Adding Vistas in seems like, to me, it would push that in further for people that don't reallg know better.
    Eh I think this is way off base honestly. The vistas are (not always but tend to be) things 90% of the player base would miss because they involve little jumping puzzles to even get to the view. I also am a big fan of in game camera controlled cinematics and jumping puzzles. Now some of the vistas seem like they didn't need to be there (a few were obscenely easy to get to and seemed to not even be much of an interesting view) but some of them were also quite challenging to get to. People also need to understand that the MMO landscape has changed. People don't explore anymore. The large percentage of MMO gamers now started with games like WoW and never played older MMO's were exploration was rewarded and encouraged (DAOC, EQ etc). I think Arenanet very smartly is trying to push people back into exploring the world again. And it seemed to be working. So many people were commenting on how the vista's made them realize just how phenomonal the world design in this game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Creative use of a Vista, LMAO

That is amazing. This is why i was sad i lacked a large guild for the GW2 transfer . Brb have to watch Lion King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secret Pirate Jump Puzzle

Valar morghulis