Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Personally, I will buy this game for the single player portion of it.

I miss Galactic Conquest though.

That said, I saw the Finn trailer and while everybody kept talking about was the game and how amazing it looked. I got stuck in the "crate" part. They're going to destroy the game with it.
    Kinda this, but used instead of new. It was looking pretty OK until these last few weeks. You can always count on EA to fuck everything up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell and I was looking forward to it, guess I need to wait until it goes on sale, don't want to pay fully for it if I'm just going to play the single player since it looks like the multiplayer will be fucked with that crate shit.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Yowza, reading more of the info on that bullshit and fuck this. I'll buy it for $5 way down the road for the campaign, but if it launches with the multiplayer monetization and progression system like this I'm noping the fuck out. Back to playing the actual Battlefront 2 since that's back online, I guess.

You mean starwars is getting squeezed for every extra cent it can be since it was sold to disney? I hope this suprises no one. I was going to get on day one. Doesnt look like it anymore. Beta was fun, lootbox gameplay isnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad to know that the game will still sell millions of copies and publishers will keep doing this shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it on PS2 until they shut the online servers off.

Gaming online on PS2 was fucking magical...

If you want this game. I recommend buying it used at gamestop. By doing that EA gets no money. Of fucking course EA wouldnt just remove the season pass and DLC separation without a disgusting catch.

I hope this games flops like it deserves for this P2W bullshit and ends up in rabid bargain bin so I can get the SP champaing without supporting EA too much for their bullshit.

But because that doesn't happen guess I'll have to look into.... alternative methods of playing the SP portion.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-10-10 at 09:21 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a piece of shit even without lootboxes.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Was so looking forward to this game, fucking loot boxes.

Could have had it like bf1 where its skins only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus guys. . . .when did loot crates go from getting a cool hat to getting an item that effects game play?

You know whats sad, since the game box has the words "Star Wars" on it, it will still sell millions of copies and the suits will be able to use this data point in shareholder meetings to "PROVE" that loot boxes are the way to go in the future.

Fuck EA.

On the bright side, I cant wait to see how long it takes the game to get cracked so I can bootleg the singleplayer campaign. At least I have that to look forward to. =o[****

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I played it on PS2 until they shut the online servers off.

Gaming online on PS2 was fucking magical...
    BF2 classic has online support on PC now and like 1K people playing last time I looked.

Edit: Just looked and its 1.5k people playing.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-10-10 at 07:23 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    BF2 classic has online support on PC now and like 1K people playing last time I looked.

Edit: Just looked and its 1.5k people playing.
    I never even heard about it :3 that's awesome. I guess I have to buy it on steam now all aboard the nostalgia train!

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was terrible on 4k, unplayable.

Chromatic aberration, film grain, blurry/fuzzy text, terrible beta. Won't be getting my money if there is no options to turn that shit off.

Couldn't care less about crates, you don't have to spend money on them, but I probably don't have the best opinion as I didn't play much at all.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/creep...aniangroundjay
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-10-11 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    The game was terrible on 4k, unplayable.

Chromatic aberration, film grain, blurry/fuzzy text, terrible beta. Won't be getting my money if there is no options to turn that shit off.

Couldn't care less about crates, you don't have to spend money on them, but I probably don't have the best opinion as I didn't play much at all.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/creep...aniangroundjay
    the game ran very smooth for me during the beta in 4k, only time it crashed was opening boxes.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I never even heard about it :3 that's awesome. I guess I have to buy it on steam now all aboard the nostalgia train!
    Have fun, It just happen like a week or two ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

The issue with the crates is they provide direct power to player's, The game is 100% p2w with them in the state they are.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The issue with the crates is they provide direct power to player's, The game is 100% p2w with them in the state they are.
    Nope. Can be bought with currency gained in the game. Not p2w.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Nope. Can be bought with currency gained in the game. Not p2w.
    Aaaand with real money. Is p2w.

(Not to mention teh grind for ingame currency is so fucking ridicilous. 150 for win, loot boxes cost 1000+)

The space battle seemed quite fine and definitely an improvement over the "who gets first behind the other" system in bf1. Although I felt the imperial ships were superior to the alliance ones, but it was only a few matches and we've only seen a small part of it.
    I did not like the ground battle at all. When someone sees you you are instant dead, even apart from the injustice that even in the beta some people played long enough and had the right cards to be no match at all for the rest and run around like cheaters did in BF1. If I wanted to play some realistic instant death game I would stick to arma.
    And that that means it's either a very frustrating gearing up or simply P2W is just the final nail in the coffin for me. I won't buy it unless you can get it for 5 euros in their own shop or keyseller sites.

Honestly. I won't be picking it up now. P2W lootboxes are already a no go for me. I mean if they were cosmetic then for sure but just no.

The game itself is meh too. Space battles were pretty cool but the 20v20 was just boring. Nothing really interesting to it.